Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Well boys...today sucked...but that is why
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Well boys...today sucked...but that is why

Jun 28, 2019, 4:37 PM

it is called fishing ...leave home at 530 am..load all kinds of crap in a kayak and slide it down a 30 foot 50 degree bank ..and then you head a mile up river constantly getting in and out of the kayak to drag it over rocks and then....AN HOUR LATER YOU ARE FINALLY AT YOUR SPOT......AND THE DADGUM SIREN GOES OFF THAT THEY ARE ABOUT TO RELAESE A TON OF WATER FROM THE #### AND YOU HAVE TO HAUL ### OUT OF THERE!!

Message was edited by: Spud®

Message was edited by: Spud®

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wellboys...today sucked...but that is 2hy

Jun 28, 2019, 4:51 PM

That IS bad luck - Spud .... sounds like if you didn’t have bad luck you woulda had no luck at al !! -:(

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Re: Wellboys...today sucked...but that is 2hy

Jun 28, 2019, 5:04 PM

And then had to skedaddle

The bright spot was looking down in the river and spotting this..

Jun 28, 2019, 5:06 PM

Re: The bright spot was looking down in the river and spotting this..

Jun 28, 2019, 5:37 PM

I never caught one with a red stripe like that Spud Man. Hey, I know you are younger than me because I had to donate my kayak because I could no longer get out of the doggone thing. Knees !!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 28, 2019, 5:47 PM [ in reply to The bright spot was looking down in the river and spotting this.. ]

golden bird poop?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

...now can you tell....

Jun 28, 2019, 6:16 PM

not really. What is it? Part of an arrowhead?

Jun 28, 2019, 7:54 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Yep.A guy had just come up the river and asked if he could

Jun 29, 2019, 8:55 AM

go past me to check on an old indian site. He said he was a professor at the university and checked on the site fairly often. I told him I had seen a lot of videos of artifact hunters out west and I was amazed at the quality of of some of the Clovis points they find in rivers. I mean, they are truely artistic. I said," They walk along, just looking down in the water and sometimes, there is a beautiful piece standing out". Well, he hand't been gone five minutes, when I looked down, and saw this stone that was remarkably different in color from everything else. It is definitely an arrowhead. But, I think it is one that is not finished. I guess I will be scanning the river bottom a little closer from now on...

Jun 28, 2019, 8:28 PM [ in reply to The bright spot was looking down in the river and spotting this.. ]

An Alien rock and a fish bleeding down the whole side!????

You did well Spud!

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Yep, I cut the hook off and left it in that fish. They

Jun 29, 2019, 8:57 AM

rust out in a couple of days, and that gives them a better chance to survive than pulling it out when they are in deep like that...

What #### are you referring to

Jun 28, 2019, 6:08 PM

Not the Chattahoochee? Right?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am 61 and my buddy is 62. Now, drag a 13 foot kayak

Jun 28, 2019, 6:24 PM

With battery, trolling motor, cooler, 5 rods, tackle, anchor, etc.. about a quarter mile over this stuff....make two casts...and have to go right back where you came from...

Re: I am 61 and my buddy is 62. Now, drag a 13 foot kayak

Jun 28, 2019, 10:21 PM

Thank goodness for that sideways post - Spud!! Was afraid someone had kidnapped you and was posting right side up pics in your name!! That would be ....... a sad day !! -:(

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Just when I thought Spud's photography was getting better!!***

Jun 29, 2019, 7:19 AM [ in reply to I am 61 and my buddy is 62. Now, drag a 13 foot kayak ]

Sorry Spud.

Jun 29, 2019, 2:42 PM [ in reply to What #### are you referring to ]

B/c you can't write "D A M N" without it getting X'd out, my post may have come across incorrectly.

I was curious which D A M N you were referring to in your post. In an earlier post, it kinda looked like the one on the Chattahoochee River near Roswell.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice Red Stripe...I caught a bunch of those down in Jamaica

Jun 28, 2019, 6:24 PM

One time.

Days like that are why I gave up fishing for golf over 30

Jun 28, 2019, 8:02 PM

years ago. I couldn't always find the fish, but I could always find a golf course.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Those little white eggs are always tough and hard to eat

Jun 28, 2019, 8:33 PM

:)

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And they are just as hard as fish to get out of a pond.

Jun 28, 2019, 11:01 PM

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Many years ago, one of my buddies and I would go walk

Jun 29, 2019, 8:59 AM [ in reply to Days like that are why I gave up fishing for golf over 30 ]

Chanticleer on Mondays and hunt for lost balls....One day, we found many golf balls, THAT HAD THE SAME GUY'S name printed on them. We were like, if I lost that many, I would stop putting my name on them...

Yup. They don't all it catching, do they?***

Jun 28, 2019, 8:32 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you'd have waiting that siren out...

Jun 28, 2019, 9:05 PM

you might have picked up a brand new hobby.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you'd have waiting that siren out...

Jun 28, 2019, 11:02 PM

Well, they probably wouldn't have had to carry the kayak over an rocks on the return trip!

Most of the rocks in that picture, which I took just after

Jun 29, 2019, 9:02 AM

going pst them upstream, were under water an hour or two later...

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic