Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Something that should concern us all.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

Something that should concern us all.

Feb 3, 2017, 8:48 AM

So, let's put aside whether or not you love or hate Trump. That's irrelevant on this one. And I know we all deal out a lot of snark instead of substance sometimes (present company included), but try to hold it for one second and consider this issue.

We need to talk about Steve Bannon.

Now hold on, Trump folks. Before you smack the Reply button and start hollering about snowflakes and libtards, take this in from the article I post below. Business Insider is quoting Bannon from his upcoming interview in TIME.

So remember: these are statements coming from Bannon himself.

The Cliffs Notes version: Bannon believes in saecula, a theory that the history of people follows a 80-100 year cycle. At the end of this cycle is a cataclysmic and catastrophic event in history that destroys the old order and forges a new one through authoritarian means that unite the people.

He cites the Revolution, the Civil War, and WWII.

Bannon thinks we're heading there now, or even that we're in it. And he wants to be one of the people who leads us into that. He's publicly said he wants to destroy the old order. He's publicly said we're heading to a war with China.

I can't help but think that's exactly what this man wants. Bannon wants to bring about a new catastrophic event so he can create a new order... but for that to happen, it will cost countless lives

And I can't help but think democracy will exit stage left if that's what we want.

So here's why this isn't a condemnation of Trump. Donald Trump can still be an effective leader and president without this man. He doesn't need him. You can permanently remove Bannon from the equation without harming Trump's presidency.

This guy has already weaseled himself onto the security council. He believes he can pull our nation together under authoritarianism.

So do you think this is just a conspiracy theory? Well, consider that this man has risen to his position because of a conspiracy theory. His entire MO is based on a conspiracy theory.

That's not a media analysis. Those are his words.

The man needs to be removed from our government, and he does not need to have our president's ear.

Again, this isn't an anti-Trump post. Consider it fully. Bannon brings nothing to our government, and our president can be successful without him.

http://www.businessinsider.com/book-steve-bannon-is-obsessed-with-the-fourth-turning-2017-2

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Re: Something that should concern us all.

Feb 3, 2017, 8:51 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Again, although I know it's probably lost on you.

Feb 3, 2017, 8:54 AM

Steve Bannon is a man operating on the belief of a conspiracy theory. He's stated it very clearly.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

If he "stated it very clearly", it was somewhere other

Feb 3, 2017, 8:59 AM

than the article you posted. I tried to take your post seriously and read it as you intended, but I saw one vague quote from him and a whole lotta projection, assumption, and 3rd party attributions.

If his belief is exactly as you position it, then sure, it's concerning, but the article you linked sure doesn't make the case.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 3, 2017, 9:06 AM

"Lenin wanted to destroy the state, and that’s my goal, too. I want to bring everything crashing down, and destroy all of today’s establishment."

Bannon has since claimed this conversation didn't happen. I apologize for not including it in the original post. I can also post the quote about China.

"We’re going to war in the South China Sea in five to 10 years." Said this in March.

Couple that with his admitted belief in the saecula and his rise to power within the federal government in just two weeks, and I think we have enough to be worried about.

So, a few things.......

Feb 3, 2017, 9:19 AM

The "saecula" seems to be an acknowledgement of the cycles of history---I'm not picking up the Divinci Code vibe from it that you are, but in full admission, I've only read what you posted to day about it. I'll do some reading in my free time.

"Lenin wanted to destroy the state, and that’s my goal, too. I want to bring everything crashing down, and destroy all of today’s establishment." Ok, so putting aside that there's no record of him saying this and he denies it, "establishment" is a broad term. It could mean civilization as we know it (bad), or it could be the political elite class that most Trump voters wanted him to wipe out (not nearly as bad).

"We’re going to war in the South China Sea in five to 10 years." Was this a projection made if we stayed on our current course at the time (aka he thinks it should be fixed), or was it a personal goal of his? The former sounds a lot more likely, and Lindsey Graham and McCain have been making similar statements for a decade now with little fanfare.

Most advisors to me always seem like the snake on Disney's Robin Hood adaptation, and Bannon is no different, but I'm not getting the new world order boogeyman vibe from what I've seen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So, a few things.......

Feb 3, 2017, 9:26 AM

The "saecula" seems to be an acknowledgement of the cycles of history---I'm not picking up the Divinci Code vibe from it that you are, but in full admission, I've only read what you posted to day about it. I'll do some reading in my free time.

As will I. It was a new concept to me today as well.

"Lenin wanted to destroy the state, and that’s my goal, too. I want to bring everything crashing down, and destroy all of today’s establishment." Ok, so putting aside that there's no record of him saying this and he denies it, "establishment" is a broad term. It could mean civilization as we know it (bad), or it could be the political elite class that most Trump voters wanted him to wipe out (not nearly as bad).

He does deny saying it, but given some of the other really out there things he's said, it seems likely. But I take the words at surface value: destroy the state. Why would we need to destroy the state? We've got problems in our government, but do we need a complete overhaul? That would mean a complete deviation from our Constitution.

"We’re going to war in the South China Sea in five to 10 years." Was this a projection made if we stayed on our current course at the time (aka he thinks it should be fixed), or was it a personal goal of his? The former sounds a lot more likely, and Lindsey Graham and McCain have been making similar statements for a decade now with little fanfare.

Yes, but if Bannon does believe we're in the saecula turning point and he wants the complete upheaval of our government and structure, then he might actually want that war.

Most advisors to me always seem like the snake on Disney's Robin Hood adaptation, and Bannon is no different, but I'm not getting the new world order boogeyman vibe from what I've seen.

Again, I admit, it may be overthink as one poster said. But I'm willing to err on the side of caution.

If you want to bolster your argument Cata, check out

Feb 3, 2017, 9:54 AM

Bannon and Torchbearer, especially the "Torchbearer" movie with none other than Duck Commander, Phil Robertson doing the narration. The movie addresses what you are talking about specifically. Bannon is a guy with a frightening agenda and he has gotten alt-right to fully embrace the religious right to further his purposes.

I foolishly believed that Trump/Bannon were just using the evangelicals to get elected and were gonna drop'em like a hot potato after the election. I didn't think that they would have as much influence over Trump as it currently appears they do. Bannon, and his ilk, should frighten everyone with the capacity for critical thought.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you want to bolster your argument Cata, check out

Feb 3, 2017, 10:42 AM

I'll see if I can check that out. Is it online somewhere?

Like you, I thought there would be a massive change from election rhetoric to the time he is in office. It appears that is not the case, and Bannon is gaining more power.

It's probably on youtube. Bannon wrote and directed it and

Feb 3, 2017, 10:51 AM

has been showing it at conservative churches across the country.

LOL at the alt-right liking Christianity

Feb 3, 2017, 12:09 PM [ in reply to If you want to bolster your argument Cata, check out ]

Also, LOL at the alt-right being large enough for it to matter.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I didn't say anything about Bannon and his alt-right

Feb 3, 2017, 1:50 PM

folks "liking" Christianity, but they sure used the heck out of the evangelicals and prosperity gospel folks to create a large enough electoral base. Do you trust that Bannon is wise counsel to the President based on an abiding faith in the Almighty?

you were in Berkeley a few days ago weren't you

Feb 3, 2017, 9:14 AM [ in reply to Again, although I know it's probably lost on you. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep.

Feb 3, 2017, 9:22 AM

I never miss Molotov cocktail happy hour.

Well it's because of Bannon's strategery

Feb 3, 2017, 12:00 PM [ in reply to Again, although I know it's probably lost on you. ]

And rejecting the conventional wisdom of the political consultant class that we aren't looking at a Hillary Clinton presidency right now. Without him Trump doesn't win and for that alone he deserves a debt of gratitude and a seat at the table.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 3, 2017, 8:51 AM

something something... but Obama... something something... antichrist.. something something.

I like your funny words magic man

Feb 3, 2017, 9:09 AM

I can't help but think either. It's overthink.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I admit, it may be.

Feb 3, 2017, 9:11 AM

But even so, I'd rather err on the side of caution. I think this man has no place in our government, and it won't hurt the Trump administration in the least bit to remove him.

Steve Bannon has the hair and complexion of a man who

Feb 3, 2017, 9:28 AM

woke up in a dumpster at 2:30 in the afternoon.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he looks like dude that has been a drunk for 20 yrs***

Feb 3, 2017, 9:35 AM

Or 40 years. 3 marriages will tack on some mileage, too.***

Feb 3, 2017, 9:47 AM

I wouldn't do him either.

Feb 5, 2017, 6:03 AM [ in reply to Steve Bannon has the hair and complexion of a man who ]

I'm not gay though so that narrows the field of men that I would do. Johnny Depp, maybe.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We are five days away from fundamentally transforming the

Feb 3, 2017, 9:53 AM

United States of America”

Slight difference between transforming and

Feb 3, 2017, 10:13 AM

bringing everything crashing down.

I think that depends on perspective***

Feb 3, 2017, 10:46 AM

The only thing crashing is the liberal agenda.

Feb 5, 2017, 6:04 AM [ in reply to Slight difference between transforming and ]

Knee jerk is my thing, you're supposed to know better.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wish you'd quit bashing Trump

Feb 3, 2017, 10:10 AM

??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 3, 2017, 10:19 AM

didn't we just have one of these in 2001?

#solos

Feb 3, 2017, 10:19 AM

#welcher

Apr 2, 2015, 1:22 PM

dont care

Obviously***

Feb 3, 2017, 10:47 AM

Wait wait...wait....

Feb 3, 2017, 1:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Something that should concern us all. ]

#welcher

how can you make a bet to leave the Lunge and then just "don't care". I know few take you seriously to begin with, but dang man...have a little pride.

Yes, but it was over a decade in planning. The first failed.***

Feb 5, 2017, 4:56 AM [ in reply to Re: Something that should concern us all. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This video I think best expresses his overall outlook

Feb 3, 2017, 10:29 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nTd2ZAX_tc

So what do you think? I think the contents of this video can be boiled down to the fact that he believes the amount of debt that we have as a nation and our current standard of living is unsustainable. To me, it seems like he wants to drastically limit the scope of the federal government in order to reduce costs, even if it hurts millions of American's standard of living for a few decades until we can curtail the debt.

Unfortunately, I am not even going to pretend I have enough knowledge of complex, global macro economic theory to hold a belief that anything he is saying is true or will come true. I doubt I would trust anyone on this board either, unless they happen to be an econ professor or something but I'm still curious to hear opinions.

He doesn't sound like the crazy nut job the MM is purporting he is in this video. The fact that he played a major role in a conspiracy-theory-peddling, white-supremacist, racist, propagandist website is obviously extremely unsettling, but one could make the assumption he ran that outfit simply for the monetary gain and exploitation of the simpleton idiots who like to consume such drivel. I'm more interested in if this economic theories are bunk or not.

You should actually read Breitbart sometime

Feb 3, 2017, 12:07 PM

It's not great and it's a bit paranoid, but it's not "white-supremacist" or "racist."

I fear you and I are not qualified to determine...

Feb 3, 2017, 12:25 PM

what is racist. The left is taken with making a claim an accusation and daring the accused to prove innocence. If hey didn't put their fingers in their ears and cry 'nanananana...na,' they wouldn't appear so childish.

Before I watch this I have a question.

Feb 3, 2017, 12:08 PM [ in reply to This video I think best expresses his overall outlook ]

Will this video melt snowflakes or just blow them around before they settle to the ground?

I keep looking for the citations in this

Feb 3, 2017, 12:06 PM

Where are they? It's almost all conjecture based on this writer's reading of a book that Bannon allegedly likes. We don't even know if Bannon reads it as descriptive of our moment in history or as prescriptive of what we should do. I don't get the connection between seeing history this way and trying to bring some sort of catastrophic event about to prove the theory right.

Hopefully the TIME article will reveal more.***

Feb 3, 2017, 3:40 PM

Is Bannon the Left's new #### Cheney?***

Feb 3, 2017, 1:55 PM

whoa, it's all becoming clearer now

Feb 3, 2017, 3:44 PM

with this new development. Bannon is controlling this Spartanburg woman, who is controlling Trump.
It's so obvious now, how did we not see this. God those people are so, so devious.....

"SPARTANBURG Co., S.C. (WSPA) — A Spartanburg woman is accused of cutting a man’s throat before going on a verbal tirade in which she claimed to control Donald Trump and referred to herself as Jesus Christ."

http://wspa.com/2017/02/03/woman-calls-herself-jesus-illuminati-after-slitting-mans-throat-in-spartanburg/

Brother, if you're looking for any sense to come...

Feb 4, 2017, 11:02 AM

Out of Sparkle City, you're going to be waiting a long time.

Bannon got Trump elected

Feb 5, 2017, 1:40 PM

Ex Naval Officer, Ex Banker, Filmmaker, Breitbart chairman. Trump needs him. Let him wade into the swamp. I hope he's making politicians nervous.

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic