Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Something smells in the Big Dex process
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Something smells in the Big Dex process

Dec 31, 2018, 2:20 PM

Of all the bowl teams in this 2018 season - about 80 teams - I've not heard of any other team having players testing positive for banned substances.
I've searched & found nothing. I could've missed it, but multiple searches have turned up zero results.

Does that make sense? Only Clemson (of ALL teams - CLEMSON?) just happens to have positive tests. CU is built on a foundation of defense. Take out the guy who occupies 2 blockers & you radically change CU's D - especially for the Bama game.

Supplements are completely unregulated, so it could come from anything - COULD even be found in APPROVED team supplements w/out team nutritionists knowing it.

Also seems like the NCAA has no "innocent until proven guilty" due process. Rather, it's "guilty until proven innocent" - & that has MAJOR consequences. That should be changed.

Given everything, this just looks & smells like a hit job.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Something smells in the Big Dex process

Dec 31, 2018, 2:22 PM

Don't know what happened but the rules are the rules. He failed the test so he must be suspended. I don't like it but it is what it is. Just really sucks for Big Dex.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With all due respect. Anybody that resorts to the "Rules are

Dec 31, 2018, 2:30 PM

rules" statement concerning the NCAA is just ignorant of recent and long past facts. I will give you just a small example.The NCAA served notice on FSU that they could no longer be the Seminoles.FSU fought back and they said,"OK, Nevermind"....a year or so later, the NCAA stuck it to Newbewrry! They are no longer the Newberry Indians, they are now the Newberry Wolves. And one big one for you, UNC!!

Re: With all due respect. Anybody that resorts to the "Rules are

Dec 31, 2018, 8:54 PM

All I'm saying is that our coaches believe in following the rules right or wrong. I agree that the ncaa is a joke but our coaches are going to follow the rules. You can clearly see that Dabo is not happy about it but at this point all he can do is follow the process.

Dec 31, 2018, 2:25 PM

The NCAA is exempt from having to provide due process. SCOTUS ruling in Tarkanian case. But this is good read on NCAA and their tactics.

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/NCAA-MAFIA-1870391?tstart=0

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 31, 2018, 2:26 PM

I still believe the 3 suspended from Bama had something to with drug tests. Not 100% positive because Saban originally said Team Rules then changed it to NCAA rules. Mum is the word in Tuscaloosa.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Naw...you're into conspiracies, aren't you?

Dec 31, 2018, 2:28 PM

The best bet is that they very quickly identify the source of the issue. Ever buy a food product with the warning "may contain peanuts" even though it shouldn't. The issue is that the manufacturer is using the same food processing equipment to do some other food product that has peanuts and there's peanut residue you'll never get out of the machines so there are trace amounts of peanuts, ego the reason why they put the warning label on food products.

With so much food, vitamins, etc being processed in China along with drugs etc there is no doubt that a lot of us are consuming things we have no intent to consume as trace amounts. Unfortunately, they can't have dedicated machines for every product and therefore there's going to be some cross contamination.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Naw...you're into conspiracies, aren't you?

Dec 31, 2018, 2:34 PM

I bought a pack of Almond Joy candy bars a few months ago and one of the pieces had a peanut instead of an almond. Sure enough the package stated it may contain peanut products. Do not ask me how this is relevant. I just thought I would share.

Dec 31, 2018, 2:43 PM

what is relevant here is you didnt share

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 31, 2018, 4:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Naw...you're into conspiracies, aren't you? ]

Now you’re talking. I may be the only guy here that would take an almond joy over any candy bar in the universe but they are my favorite. What were we talking about again?

Dec 31, 2018, 2:40 PM [ in reply to Naw...you're into conspiracies, aren't you? ]

and not nearly enough inspectors to keep up with all the different factories in China. They also bring stuff in the backdoor produced by a diffrent supplier.

In what other scenario would failing a drug test NOT

Dec 31, 2018, 2:37 PM

be proof of guilt?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: In what other scenario would failing a drug test NOT

Dec 31, 2018, 2:49 PM

I don’t think the OP was saying Dex wasn’t guilty. I think he was saying that it’s strange out of thousands of players, Dex is the only one failing a substance test, especially from a drug no ones ever heard of.

Dec 31, 2018, 3:08 PM [ in reply to In what other scenario would failing a drug test NOT ]

You're applying the testing standards used for illegal street/prescription drugs like weed, cocaine, heroin, barbiturates, opiods, meth - stuff that's clearly identified & on the fed/state "classified drug" schedules.

We're talking about a relatively unknown & unproven substance "ostarine." Nobody has studied it enough to know what it is & what it does. The 100% unregulated "OTC/supplement" market isn't even required to list every ingredient. And, the labs producing the 90,000+ supplements sold don't have to meet anyone's quality standards.

Does anyone trust NCAA CEO/President Mark Emmert? He's had scandal chasing him at every stop: Montana St; UConn; LSU; U. of Wash - AND - he's the guy whose NCAA hit Penn St with - 5 years probation, 4 year bowl ban, scholarship limits of 65 during probation, $60-mil in fines & vacated all 112 Penn St wins from '98-2011. Two years later, the probation was gone, the scholarship limits were gone, the bowl ban was gone & ALL 112 wins we're restored. Pretty light penalty for a school which should have gotten the DEATH PENALTY.

That's Mark Emmert - Nick Saban's close friend for years. You trust Emmert?? I don't.

Dec 31, 2018, 3:56 PM

THIS !!

Dec 31, 2018, 4:36 PM

Swoffie had to act like he's the man. He and the NCAA r now a joke If guilty suspend but then see if wrong and grill the kid. How can we believe anything they say after my blue heaven. Simply Swoffie and NCAA sux

Oh lowered.***

Dec 31, 2018, 2:44 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 31, 2018, 2:48 PM

Take off the tinfoil hat

Dec 31, 2018, 2:51 PM

Have you considered the implications of your due process wish? "Let them play until they're ultimately proven guilty" would mean potentially vacating a national championship should that be the eventual decision. That seems like a much more MAJOR consequence to me.

Dec 31, 2018, 3:20 PM

I agree to a point. If the case is a slam dunk, suspend them. If it’s highly suspect, give player the benefit of the doubt until
Proven otherwise. Seems like a backward process but I do support testing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 31, 2018, 4:09 PM

I haven't looked into it, but if no players from other teams tested positive, I would find that strange.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Dec 31, 2018, 4:15 PM

You Dadgum right a big smelly rat, but I'm not going to write a book about it. Play ball.

Go Tigers........

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

Add this:

Dec 31, 2018, 7:32 PM

why does a 350 lb. man who can move need to bulk up or add mass? If this is what Ostarine apparently does, or am I wrong. I mean, it would make much more sense if a player like Big Dex had one of these weight-loss, diet pill substances in his systme, to help him lighten up a bit. He has absolutley no motivation to take something that would bulk him up or make him heavier.

Dec 31, 2018, 7:58 PM

TU for maybe the best take on this horse hockey... Shakespeare said..."There is something that smells in the State of Denmark"... and something smells within the NCAA when a man must prove that he did NOT do something... And what is this sending the pee-pee all the way to California for the test... Talk about opportunity to tamper with a specimen...Yes, something smells...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 31, 2018, 8:53 PM

Agree, I have not heard anything either about any other teams facing a similar dilemma. To me he looks sad on the sidelines. Really feel for all three especially Dex, last chance to play with his brothers on the D line. He does not look like a guilty guy.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic