Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Today’s Admissions Scandal
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 3,699

Today’s Admissions Scandal

Mar 12, 2019, 8:21 PM

This is going to be a real eye opener for folks that didn’t realize that athletes don’t go through the ” regular” admissions process. This could start the inevitable unraveling of the colleges functioning as a farm system for the NFL and NBA.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Today’s Admissions Scandal

Mar 12, 2019, 8:30 PM

Most of the universe is in question or private and their admission process is very subjective to begin with and no one is going to touch these universities

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 12, 2019, 8:32 PM

Wow that’s the last time I use voice text and not read the post before I post i it.

Mar 12, 2019, 8:42 PM

Lol! I figured out what you meant but the explanation definitely helps your reputation ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty big story in the college tennis world

Mar 12, 2019, 8:49 PM

As Michael Center, coach of the #3 ranked Texas Longhorns was indicted.

Coneross, you old u5c coot.

Mar 12, 2019, 10:05 PM

1981 2016 2018
"The Best Is Yet To Come".....Dabo Swinney

You have a very strange message board existence***

Mar 13, 2019, 11:04 AM

Mar 13, 2019, 7:59 AM

actually it wont. most people are still too dense to get it. even when being told over and over. you're dealing with many who cant even grasp what to do at a 4 way stop

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 4 way stop

Mar 13, 2019, 8:04 AM

So, what if 4 people pull up at same time? Who goes first?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 13, 2019, 9:22 AM

The car on the right !!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 13, 2019, 10:15 AM [ in reply to Re: 4 way stop ]

They sit and look at each and go, ####! ####! Oh you meant normal people and not Coots!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I do***

Mar 13, 2019, 10:39 AM [ in reply to Re: 4 way stop ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 13, 2019, 11:07 AM [ in reply to Re: 4 way stop ]

The one who presses the gas pedal first.

Mar 13, 2019, 9:46 AM

Hmmmmm. I'd guess that 98% of the people with any power or influence have known for a long time that students who go to schools on athletic scholarships go through a different admissions process than regular students. Everyone with just common sense knows that if St. Nick, or Dabo, or Muschamp, or the Davidson coach or the Yale coach calls the admissions office and asks that they do what they can to have so and so admitted, blah blah blah, then the admissions office does what they can to get the kid into school. I include all the academic people, the Boards, and the politicians in each state among those who know the score. Doesn't it seem odd that we haven't heard much if anything about scholarship athletes at Clemson going through the bridge program?

I'd also guess that a whole lot of people know that money and influence are important processes for most colleges. Has any son or daughter of any POTUS ever been denied admission to whatever school they wished to attend? The person who just won $800M in the lottery has improved the chances their child will get into Clemson or Wofford or just about any school they want to attend, provided they graduated from high school and made 800 on the SAT.

Since I think about it like that, the only change I expect from the 'pay to get your kid admitted' scandal is that the schools themselves will do a little more due diligence on minor sport admissions and on requests from minor sport coaches for special consideration.

The mock horror so many express over the current scandal, you know covering their mouths with the backs of their hands, is just that, mock horror.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 13, 2019, 10:07 AM

I want to know what the line is for criminal charges.
Schools change grades all the time. Principals make
changes in credits regularly. This is academic fraud
but does it warrant criminal charges?

Mar 13, 2019, 10:18 AM

I work in a High School and we can give no lower than a 55 on any score, even if the student turns in or does no work. So they 55% credit for 0 work. Try this on your job and see what happens. This is systemized fraud to make test scores look better. The excuse is that it is impossible for a student to pass the semester even if he has a 100% average the second semester. I ask you if a student does 0% work for a whole semester what is gonna motivate said student to make 100% the second one?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it is important that we don't hurt their self esteem

Mar 13, 2019, 10:41 AM

they need to know that someone has their back and that we care about their feelings.

Mar 13, 2019, 10:56 AM [ in reply to Re: Today’s Admissions Scandal ]

This is EXACTLY my point. I know about the grade floor and that
principals order teachers to round up a failing grade to passing.
At what point is this fraud considered criminal?

Mar 13, 2019, 11:14 AM

It be nice but it won't happen from something like this.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 13, 2019, 11:22 AM

The intelligent and logical process to follow is to separate educational institutes from for-profit athletic institutes. It seems outrageous given the current paradigm constructed by the NCAA. The NCAA is a sacred, massive institution—so large many people are unable to fathom its non-existence. However, the better business models existing in Europe for youth/semi-professional athletes provide the athlete the ability to receive specialized part-time education in high school. After secondary education ends, the athlete plays on semi-professional and developmental league teams until either promoted to major leagues or retires (and possibly receives education during next phase of life). This system has less corruption and politics than our current system provided by the NCAA. Our current system is illogical.

Some of the money is absurd.

Mar 13, 2019, 11:32 AM

If you're willing to spend that to educate someone, just hire professors directly. It would be cheaper.

I think it shows they are all about the prestige of having kids in elite colleges, don't care much about actual knowledge obtained.

PS. My UCLA-grad wife was shocked someone would pay a bribe to get into USC, the degree isn't worth the paper it's printed on.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

People know.. it was clearly explained in Boyz N the Hood

Mar 13, 2019, 11:56 AM

Gotta get that 700 sat.

The good news is this will reflect positively on Clemson. CLEMSON has its own acceptance/ review board independent of the NCAA minimums.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Mar 13, 2019, 1:06 PM

This is big. These schools will have civil liability here and be opened up to admissions fraud lawsuits from every single student who was not accepted. And many of these schools have multi-billion dollar endowments. Sadly they will now just get looted by slimy tort law firms. There will be huge repercussions throughout the college world. I hope we can move toward double-blind merit-based admissions that can't be bought or prejudiced on race, gender, daddy's millions, etc. A fellow can dream.

Replies: 22
| visibility 3,699
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic