Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
SocMan2 letter to Anderson, IN Herald Bulletin
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 0
| visibility 1,001

SocMan2 letter to Anderson, IN Herald Bulletin

Dec 30, 2018, 12:39 AM

SocMan2
2 minutes ago
https://www.heraldbulletin.com/sports/how-does-this-keep-happening-to-notre-dame/article_3861f6ac-0be0-11e9-9a53-a30cd16fa939.html

Thanks for a well written piece Mr. Hough. As a Clemson alum, my takeaway is Coach Kelly is still in the second stage of grief -- denial. In fairness to Coach Kelly and a largely classy Notre Dame alumni and fan base, this "denial" phenomena is far from limited to Notre Dame. In fact, it is spread throughout the Midwest, year after year. While Clemson was the favorite today, our team was an underdog to Ohio St 3 years ago and won 31-0. That after beating Ohio St two years earlier as underdogs, and beating Oklahoma big twice … both times as underdogs in between Ohio St wins.

The top southeastern teams, generally as a rule and not as an exception, tend to hammer the best midwest teams. It's a very familiar outcome, and for bettors, it's the gift that keeps giving. Today, it was Clemson big over the Irish, Bama big over Oklahoma, Auburn big over Purdue, and Florida big over Michigan. In past years, it's been Meyer and Florida over invincible Ohio State. Despite Coach Kelly's hollow protests, there is a disparity between the skill players particularly at defensive lines and wide receiver. These skill players play at a speed, strength and skill level generally not seen in the B1G or Notre Dame, or in midwest high schools.

I expect many of your readers will vehemently disagree with me which is fantastic for the betting public. And on a serious note, Clemson will have its hands full in 10 days with Bama, and we look forward to playing Notre Dame three more times home and away over the next few years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 0
| visibility 1,001
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic