Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Welcome all Clemson fans to Chestnut Hill
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

Welcome all Clemson fans to Chestnut Hill

Nov 4, 2018, 8:03 PM

Just wanted to welcome all Clemson fans to Chestnut Hill this weekend. Boston is a great place to visit - many of the leaves are still out and watching the crew shells running along the Charles is always special. BC has a lot of respect not only for the Clemson football program, but the school and fans as well.

Our team has not brought its "A" game for 4 full quarters yet this year. Hope we can do it this weekend or the game will not be very competitive. At any rate, for those of you coming to Boston WELCOME, and to those of you watching on TV, good luck to your team.

Hawkeye

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks, looking forward to the trip!***

Nov 4, 2018, 8:04 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey Hawkeye!

Nov 4, 2018, 8:35 PM

Came uP to beautuful Chestnut Hill in 1983 to see my Tigers (with young Fridge still at Noseguard) with two buddies so to enjoy our ranked team revenge Doug Flutie “causing” us to have to tie him year b/4 (1982) in Death Valley which was our tie in a 9-1-1 year (lost to UGa in Athens 1st game of season).

Anyway..arrived at BC’s smallish stadium on bus from hotel & since we had on new Orange sports jackets, ties with tiny paws & orange/white Pierre Cardin shoes (and me with the 1st 3’ x 5’ cotton PAW Flag to be used as an away banner..on a two-part aluminum pole)..

we gained attention immediately in the parking lots, where most Eagle fans wore whatever colored shirt they wanted, and thusly we were invited over to tailgaters to be seen and then fed & liquored..

and during first half Clemson did well vs Flutie & led..but 2nd half BC decided to pass more and vertically over our LB’ers and shockingly took the lead in the 4th & won..to our disbelief..and with that loss in 1983 & a tie the next week at Tigertown vs UGa, Clemson finished 9-1-1 again while on probation under Danny Ford, thus no bowl games either.

After game we went to the Wharf to mingle & dine..and the BC students there that hadn’t attended the earlier early night game asked how bad had Clemson beat Eagles and when we told them they had won..they ran down the streets shouting BC had beaten Clemson!

Reminded me of similar joy from unaware Duke students years ago.

I won’t make the game 35 years later at age 77 but will never forget that special trip to a special & beautiful place called Chestnut Hill & the BC campus.

By the way, after seeing Doug’s great QB talent first-hand against my Tigers in 1982 & 1983 where he went 1-0-1..i followed him every year till his retirement and even today i look up when he’s on tv doing sports coverage to see his still handsome, smiling face & hear his unbias take.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hey Hawkeye!

Nov 5, 2018, 1:49 PM

was at the same game.last time sitting in an end-zone.luckily surrounded by Tiger fans.had to endure some teasing from the in-laws though-boston natives.live about 3 1/2 hrs west of there.very close to bennington,vt.long ride home that night.went to the 2010 game.good seats,but we lost again,so not wanting to jinx the team,I will not go to see them play at bc or at syracuse,but that's a story for another day.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I've been to CH about 5 times for BC games

Nov 4, 2018, 8:08 PM

Unfortunately can't make it this year. IMO it's the best road trip in the ACC. Boston is such a great city for tourism and it's an easy subway ride up to the game. My first 2 trips we lost heartbreakers.

Hopefully we open up a can next Saturday. I can't imagine losing this game and not even making the ACC championship game.

Thanks for the kind words.

Nov 4, 2018, 8:10 PM

I’m a real fan of your coach and the way he’s run the BC program so far. Can’t make the game this year but here’s to hoping for a great atmosphere and game!

Re: Welcome all Clemson fans to Chestnut Hill- what ever

Nov 4, 2018, 8:15 PM

became of the guy who used to wear a hat shaped like the stadium. I was told he was a players dad. Is he still attending but without the headgear?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Welcome all Clemson fans to Chestnut Hill

Nov 4, 2018, 8:20 PM

Wishing we could go. My daughters live on Long Island and we were planning on going. But life got in the way. Thanks for the post. Thumbs up for you.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks Eagle84...CH is still onthe “must go” list...

Nov 4, 2018, 8:33 PM

I love the great towns that host ACC teams...Boston possibly being the best. Been there a couple times but not for a Clemson/BC game. Hope to do go some time in the next few years, but this isn’t the year.

Enjoy the game and the ESPN Game Day festivities!

null

Nov 4, 2018, 8:42 PM

Thank you sir. My Dad are headed up Thursday. Looking forward to a nice weekend in Boston!

Nov 4, 2018, 8:42 PM

Thanks! Second trip to Chestnut Hill and 4th to Boston. You have a beautiful campus and we look forward to experiencing Game Day at BC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Will make the trip 2020

Nov 4, 2018, 8:46 PM

We have friends near Worchester we'll catch up with while in town. Looking forward to the trip.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

So you haven't brought your "A" game yet

Nov 4, 2018, 8:49 PM

for a whole game. Let us bring one for you to see. We didn't even score on FSU in the 1st quarter and still put up 59. Will settle for 49 this week.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 4, 2018, 8:49 PM

Thanks, Hawkeye! My visit to BC several years ago was the best road trip ever. Great fans and an awesome place to explore. I'm looking forward to a good game.

Nov 4, 2018, 8:50 PM

Thank you for the hospitality!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 4, 2018, 9:05 PM

Hawkeye,
We're coming up for the game, but don't have tickets yet. Is there a prime spot outside of the stadium to look for tickets before the game? We're trying not to go the Stubhub way. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Nov 5, 2018, 12:52 AM

Can still order them from BC for face. Clemson is Section O.

https://ev9.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventInfo?ticketCode=PR%3AIBM%21M%3AF18%3AF06%3AF18SG&linkID=m-bostoncoll&shopperContext=&caller=PR&appCode=&prc=F18SG&ppc=F18SG

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Nov 4, 2018, 9:09 PM

would love to make the trip to BC one day. I've only been to one bC game and that was at clemson on a very cold night. we sat near some bC fans that were simply awful and that was the reason why that game was the last bc game I attended. Calling clemson and their fans cow tippers, marrying our cousins and F***ing our sisters and so on. got more belligerent the more and more people politely asked them to stop.

I have since let myself accept that every base has some bad apples.

If rowing on Charles River is so nice...

Nov 4, 2018, 10:09 PM

...why is ACC championship held on Lake Hartwell?

http://www.theacc.com/sports/2018/4/6/2018-rowing-championship.aspx

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If rowing on Charles River is so nice...

Nov 5, 2018, 2:54 AM

Been to Boston once for a Sox game few years ago. Sister and her husband are in providence. Me and friends are joining tailgate Saturday. Heard strict rules on tailgating. They did get a pass from one of her co workers who works at bc so hope a prime lot. We have had bc guys at our tailgate in clemson and we’re awesome. Side note sister and husband are N.C. state grads (root for clemson since mine and her dad went to clemson, been going to games forever) what are the best places for a buttery lobster roll (not the mayo crap) just pure lobster and some chowder with a cold brew? Or some oysters. Also fun bars? We can be on our best behavior but we aren’t too far out of college and like to get rowdy like we did in college station Texas.

Re: If rowing on Charles River is so nice...

Nov 5, 2018, 1:58 PM [ in reply to If rowing on Charles River is so nice... ]

no room.hahvid hogs the water time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I assume that if you bring your A game...

Nov 5, 2018, 7:20 AM

you'll only lose by 35.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2018, 7:40 AM

I’ve made the trip 4 times but sitting out this year. The BC trip is one of my favorite road trips.

Question: Where will the “Gameday” setup be?

Nov 5, 2018, 9:15 AM

Boston sux. Horrible place to go. Roads go every which way except where you want them to go ( I'm I'm from the Balt area, used to cities ). People park wherever they choose, like right in front of you when you are driving through the city.Most can't comprehend this, but it is literally true. Boston fans are the worst. At BB games, Orioles always have Yankee and Boston fans for games. as much and easy as it is to hate the Yankees, the fans are not nearly as awful as the RedSox fans. Not even close. Boston sux.

Nov 5, 2018, 1:35 PM

Pete is a pathetic loser of a person who pretends to be something he isnt on forums...

Its sad really.

You arent fooling anyone Pete everyone here knows you are a chicken lover.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Nov 5, 2018, 9:29 AM

Thanks for the welcome. I have been to 5 Clemson-BC games in Boston and I hate that I'm going to miss this one. I'm actually in Boston right now, but have to return home soon. I love visiting this city and got experience something entirely different this year....Halloween in Salem, MA. Now, that is a special party!!!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2018, 1:33 PM

Boston is the only city I love.lived in Newton(one old roommate at CU was also from there)for a couple of years while going to grad school at Tufts.the house was a duplex on at 33 Irving st.Tufts guys on one side and BC guys on the other.got along well.drove by the BC campus and stadium on a regular basis.still have many in-law and friends ties to Boston,the only city I would ever consider living in,but since I live in a small rural community in the REAL upstate NY,it's not likely to happen.

null

Nov 5, 2018, 1:34 PM

I have been to two Clemson games at BC in my life and was treated great both times.

Good luck to BC the rest of the year after this game!

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Spent a few minutes talking to a group of your students

Nov 5, 2018, 1:35 PM

last year. They had rented an RV and made the trip. Fun, spirited group of kids. Took this 50 year old waaaaay back! And man, was that RV trashed! Good luck to your team, too.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes. I do not speak Bostonian.

Nov 5, 2018, 2:34 PM

Is there an app that translates Bostonian into English ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks Eagles84!- Question for you... do you know where on

Nov 5, 2018, 2:42 PM

The BC campus the Gameday set will be located or if not, where it was located on their previous trips(would think they probably go back to the same location)?

Nov 5, 2018, 2:57 PM

Good luck also to you

Will be at the game but please send warm weather

I have been up there for some COLD games before so please keep it in at least the 50s

GO TIGERS

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic