Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thank-you Raptors for ending the NBA season
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 59
| visibility 1

Thank-you Raptors for ending the NBA season

Jun 14, 2019, 11:20 AM

I hate fake basketball. Someone please let me know when those overpaid millionaires start blocking out, learn to follow their shot and play fundamental basketball. The college game could teach NBA players a thing your two.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not really fake, because it's entertainment.

Jun 14, 2019, 11:30 AM

Entertainment for the viewers.

Money-makers for others.

https://deadspin.com/excerpts-from-the-book-the-nba-doesnt-want-you-to-read-5392067

So you're saying it's like wrasslin'...

Jun 14, 2019, 11:43 AM

It's sports entertainment but the outcomes are known in advance?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Weight a minute, Rasslin' Israel!

Jun 14, 2019, 7:01 PM

At least it was to all dem wimmins in Ric Flair's dressing room!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL! It's obvious you don't watch the NBA.

Jun 14, 2019, 11:40 AM

That is such nonsense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LOL! It's obvious you don't watch the NBA.

Jun 14, 2019, 7:35 PM

By process of elimination I did watch the last few minutes of the games last night. Just enough to see Draymond Green turn the ball over because he thought he was fouled and tried to thrown up a wild no look shot in an attempt to go to the free throw line. Instead no foul called and he whined like a 2nd grade school girl. Shortly thereafter raptors put up a long shot 3 point and no less than 2 warriors tried to contest it and the missed shot was rebounded by the shooter. Neither warrior even made an attempt to block him out.

Warriors coach in a recent interview admitted he does not really coach at all. He just tries to substitute players timely and tries to keep the peace among all the egos.

So there.

Re: Thank-you Raptors for ending the NBA season

Jun 14, 2019, 11:44 AM

The NBA today is nothing more than a 3 point shooting contest.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They all just loaf around until the playoffs

Jun 14, 2019, 11:47 AM

Then they loaf a little harder

Re: They all just loaf around until the playoffs

Jun 14, 2019, 12:24 PM

What gets me is all the ooh & awing when they dunk. Players six-seven to seven foot whatever should be able to dunk easy even the fancy shots. Now watching a guy like Spud Webb is when it's impressive.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen!! Loaf a little harder... that's awesome!!

Jun 14, 2019, 4:13 PM [ in reply to They all just loaf around until the playoffs ]

Nm

Jun 14, 2019, 12:17 PM

Even in its heyday the NBA was a different game than CBB. My biggest beef is the traveling. Guys can take 3-4 steps going to the basket and drag their pivot foot without it being called. It’s frustrating to watch.

yeah, that never happens in college...oh wait***

Jun 14, 2019, 1:10 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No doubt, a lot more loosey than it's been in the once was.***

Jun 14, 2019, 1:17 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: yeah, that never happens in college...oh wait***

Jun 14, 2019, 1:28 PM [ in reply to yeah, that never happens in college...oh wait*** ]

On a consistent basis it doesn’t. The NBA seems to have decided to let players take an extra step for whatever reason.

CBB has become some combination of over-officiated

Jun 14, 2019, 4:46 PM

and too physical (maybe due to talent drain from best players largely skipping college). Its hard to loosen the officiating to help game flow when guys are just hacking away all of the time. That said, I think college officials call way too many little bumps and stuff around the perimeter. I can hardly watch CBB anymore because of the constant stoppages and general lack of offensive talent.

I think the NBA has actually become more fun to watch. ISO ball is way down league wide and the game flow is just so much better than college.

Re: yeah, that never happens in college...oh wait***

Jun 14, 2019, 6:00 PM [ in reply to Re: yeah, that never happens in college...oh wait*** ]

It’s not just the NBA. FIBA and College Basketball have introduced the zero step the third step) to their game.

they are the best basketball players in the World and it is

Jun 14, 2019, 1:08 PM

obvious that you didn't watch a second of the Finals

They've always been "the best in the world", the product

Jun 14, 2019, 1:11 PM

has changed and not for the better in many eyes.

And check t-mail, bob's probably typing now looking for your recommendation of the best in the world, wrong side of the plate, midget pron.

The product in the Finals was Top Shelf, if you didn't find

Jun 14, 2019, 3:19 PM

it entertaining, that's a you problem

No, it's a change in the product problem and did you check

Jun 14, 2019, 3:26 PM

t-mail, I'm sure bob's anxious?

What specifically was wrong with the product in the Finals?***

Jun 14, 2019, 3:36 PM

It is not the same product it once was, maybe GWP

Jun 14, 2019, 3:38 PM

can type it slower for you?

Check t-mail? You watch the best of the best of the best, bob's not a patient person.

It's OK, CM Shack, I promise not to ask you to try math again.

Yes, it's different now, what specifically is wrong with it?***

Jun 14, 2019, 3:41 PM

Yes, it's not what it was and just like New Coke, it should

Jun 14, 2019, 3:49 PM

go back.

If you like it, deer lowered bless your little, cotton socks.

Now, have you and bob hooked up, you know, the best of the best of the best, who wouldn't watch that? Sorry, Shack, but that's just dumb.

So you don't like it, but you can't specifically tell me

Jun 14, 2019, 3:59 PM

why or what? Why can't you use your words Mr. Cool, express why or what?

You've answered the issue, it's not what it was, if you

Jun 14, 2019, 4:05 PM

need a list, feel free to manufacture one of all the changes that have taken place over the years since Bird was embarrassing Dr J, and I hated Larry for it.

See, now that's a you problem.

I said different, not worse***

Jun 14, 2019, 4:23 PM

Yes, it's not the same. You want to take a moment to google

Jun 14, 2019, 4:30 PM

more synonyms?

I can wait...

different doesn't imply better or worse***

Jun 14, 2019, 4:33 PM

No, it's not the same, it's different. Do you need help

Jun 14, 2019, 4:36 PM

with that thesaurus?

I'm not the one incapable of expressing why I don't like

Jun 14, 2019, 4:39 PM

things, that seems to be your current corner

I don't need to explain anything further, it's different, you said

Jun 14, 2019, 4:45 PM

so yourself. If you need a list to make you feel better, have at it, I don't.

Less of you is more, I understand and don't blame you for it.

Re: I'm not the one incapable of expressing why I don't like

Jun 14, 2019, 4:45 PM [ in reply to I'm not the one incapable of expressing why I don't like ]

People who have a confederate flag flying over their trailer don’t usually care much for the NBA.

Your neighbor, a couple spots over?***

Jun 14, 2019, 4:48 PM

### are we talking about?***

Jun 14, 2019, 11:44 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm not the one incapable of expressing why I don't like ]

I like watching the current game, but there are things

May 5, 2020, 11:19 AM [ in reply to Yes, it's different now, what specifically is wrong with it?*** ]

wrong with it when compared to a couple decades ago.

The biggest inconsistency that I see is not allowing hand checking on defense but allowing hard/moving screens on offense.

The problem isn't that guys don't play defense, they do, the problem is that they're not allowed to play defense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I know you enjoy the game, almost as much as I enjoy...

Jun 14, 2019, 4:06 PM

giving you Shyatt about it.

I'm the best of the best of the best; don't hate.

Can't wait until you're banned again, Mr Cool***

Jun 14, 2019, 4:12 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I'm partial to DSQ, not sure I can warm up to Mr. Cool...

Jun 14, 2019, 4:15 PM

and B-Meist® doesn't know it, but he can't live without me.

Thank you for listing specific criticisms, your buddy was

Jun 14, 2019, 4:21 PM [ in reply to I like watching the current game, but there are things ]

incapable of doing anything but repeatedly muttering it's different

It's ok, your shortcoming, put together your list if you

Jun 14, 2019, 4:34 PM

need one - I certainly don't.

The best of the best of the best, you hooked bob up yet?

It's OK, I know you're incapable of specifying because you

Jun 14, 2019, 4:38 PM

don't watch, you just want to complain about it...I'll let you get back to hollering at clouds

Clouds, with all those tears streaming down your face?***

Jun 14, 2019, 4:43 PM

I remember Jordan and Pippens teams playing great defense

Jun 14, 2019, 7:09 PM [ in reply to I like watching the current game, but there are things ]

That was the NBA product I enjoyed as a youngster

So what you're saying is you didn't watch any of the

Jun 14, 2019, 1:23 PM

finals because those were two fundamentally sound teams playing and incredible coaching on both sides. The Raptors even played some box and 1 defense, which is unheard of in the NBA.

No, I didn't watch the finals because I have an absolute...

Jun 14, 2019, 1:27 PM

lack of estrogen - cute shorts though.

Afternoon, counselor.

Everyone has estrogen in their bodies. Without it, you'd

Jun 14, 2019, 1:33 PM

likely have osteoporosis. Men's estrogen levels increase as they age, by the way.

Yes, and?***

Jun 14, 2019, 1:35 PM

this is one of those sports things that pepppe just parrot

Dec 18, 2017, 2:50 PM

It's completely false. Have you seen how bad some college basketball is? This idea that college bball is fundamentals heaven is so ridiculous .

Pro Basketball

Jun 14, 2019, 1:54 PM

I can literally think of nothing I care less about than pro basketball. I was born in SC and I would rather watch hockey or even curling! When I was a kid it was so different as it was all about Larry Bird, Magic, and a young MJ. The teams actually tried to play defense and it was a tough physical game. All you have to do is look at a guy sideways in today's game and you get called for a foul.

The only thing consistent about the officiating in the NBA is that no one ever travels EVER.

I am as American as they come and even I had to pull for Toronto to beat Golden State. I didn't watch a single second of NBA basketball this year other than the occasional highlight, but I wanted Toronto to win just because I am so sick and tired of Sportcenter talking about Curry and Durant.

Yeah, who wants to watch the best players in the world play

Jun 14, 2019, 3:23 PM

at the highest level anyway?

Re: Yeah, who wants to watch the best players in the world play

Dec 18, 2017, 1:19 PM

https://youtu.be/rjM4z-M7gcA

That's not exclusively an NBA problem Ace, that's just the

Jun 14, 2019, 3:40 PM

way the game is called now, Go to a college game and count the uncalled walks/carries/palming and get back to me

Re: That's not exclusively an NBA problem Ace, that's just the

Jun 14, 2019, 3:53 PM

You don’t see anywhere near the amount of uncalled blatant traveling violations in college ball. Hence the reason there are no YouTube compilations of them. There are plenty from the NBA.

Well I wonder how many more people worldwide watch NBA vs college

Jun 14, 2019, 4:48 PM

Probably has something to do with there being more NBA YouTube vids.

Well I wonder how many more people worldwide watch NBA vs college

Jun 14, 2019, 4:48 PM [ in reply to Re: That's not exclusively an NBA problem Ace, that's just the ]

Probably has something to do with there being more NBA YouTube vids.

That's ridiculous. Go back and watch those old games from the

Jun 14, 2019, 4:57 PM [ in reply to Pro Basketball ]

70s and 80s. The defense was laughably bad. Defense in the NBA playoffs right now is worlds better than anything played by the Byrd Celtics or Magic Lakers.

Sure guys don't always give 100% in the regular season, but that's because they know they have to pace themselves so they have something left for the playoffs when the intensity level really cranks up.

Guys are getting injured so much now because of how much more physically taxing the modern game is vs the game played 30 years ago.

Defense in the NBA didn't get intense until like the Bad Boys in the late 80s and continued into the 90s with the Bulls, Knicks, etc. But they also played big, physical power forwards then which you literally just can't do now.

That's such a terrible take.

Jun 14, 2019, 4:40 PM

Following your shot is mostly outdated trash too. More often than not anyone shooting from the perimeter needs to be ready to play transition defense because players in the modern game are better than ever at getting out in transition and finishing at the rim.

Jun 14, 2019, 6:04 PM

So someone was forcing you to watch?

Jun 14, 2019, 10:30 PM

I didn’t know it was still going. They have like 6,000 games a year right?

Replies: 59
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic