Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So what is up with our OL recruiting this year?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

So what is up with our OL recruiting this year?

Mar 15, 2019, 5:01 PM

Are they just falling our way now or have we modified our approach from prior years

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So what is up with our OL recruiting this year?

Mar 15, 2019, 5:02 PM

Winning two National Championships and especially the last one where we stomped ND and Bama

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Mar 15, 2019, 5:09 PM

that doesnt hurt but I suspect more is involved. One thing about us we have been in it every year now since the kids we're recruiting became teenagers. The staying power doesnt hurt

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 15, 2019, 9:01 PM [ in reply to Re: So what is up with our OL recruiting this year? ]

Dabo National Championship #1, he took out OSU and Bama 9 days apart!!! National Championship #2 Dabo took out ND and Bama 9 days apart. Dabo as a Head Coach has proven to be a Giant Slayer of teams that is as rich with tradition and winning history as any teams in college FB!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 15, 2019, 5:13 PM

Yes, Dabo and staff modified our approach by winning championships with whatever the best was we could get. HS coaches know if we can win the big games with less offensive talent as far as stars go, there must be some good player develop going on at Clemson if we are taking less and getting more out of them. And with their guys not being sure where they want to go, I'm sure that the HS coaches are telling them that Clemson does a good job at developing offensive players....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 15, 2019, 5:27 PM

Definitely agree with your assessment - allorange!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Jan 21, 2016, 5:23 PM

We have had some really good RB that could have set some huge records with 4 and 5 star talent on the O line.

Performance is proof of the product... Now they know.***

Mar 15, 2019, 5:23 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Performance is proof of the product... Now they know.***

Mar 15, 2019, 5:38 PM

Two National Championships in three years will get your attention.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Relationships in proximity

Mar 15, 2019, 5:47 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 15, 2019, 6:08 PM

We actually did modify our approach. Instead of holding our breath for the Top 1 or 2 at the positions on the OL and missing on Most of them and playing catch up later. We Are Grabbing The top 5-15 ranked Players earlier because its makes for a stronger overall unit even if they all aren't 5 stars. I like the approach a lot better personally. At OL I rather have 5 4 stars than a 5 star a 4 star and 3 2 and 3 stars.

Mar 15, 2019, 8:26 PM

it's fun getting all of these 4* and 5* prospects. However, the NFL is littered with 2* and 3* talent more than it is with 4&5* talent. While I assume, like everyone, our oline play will improve--there is a chance that it remains the same. We develop players well. So we will be okay.

Mar 15, 2019, 9:22 PM

I thought it was time to get rid of coach Caldwell???

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic