Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So we should just let in everyone
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 457

So we should just let in everyone

Oct 22, 2018, 7:15 PM

Interesting idea from the No Borders crowd, though I also suspect they are the ones also crying over wages. Sadly they cannot understand wages are supply and demand in that wages will not rise as long as the openings are being filled. More people means more folks applying for a job, hence wages stay low, same with College Degrees and why they pay dookie. U6, the true number to look at as far as unemployment stands at 7.1%. Do any of you think this caravan is anything more than low skill set people ? So that means wage dilution at the low end of wages and tax dollars for benefits. We already have enough on government benefits and certainly do not need to fling the doors open to admit more. I assume most of the Open Border folks are far younger than me, you will have to live with the outcomes. Me, as a mostly retired guy that has no need of a job can only say that I wish you well.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wait, who said let everyone in?

Oct 22, 2018, 7:17 PM

I am really curious..

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: wait, who said let everyone in?

Oct 22, 2018, 7:25 PM

Most every immigrations rally has signs as follows- No borders,No wall,sanctuary for all.

Oct 22, 2018, 7:31 PM

A Nation that is unable to secure it’s borders and control who is entering will cease to be a nation. Just because it sucks in your home country does not give you the right to violate the borders of another country.

Oct 22, 2018, 7:34 PM [ in reply to Re: wait, who said let everyone in? ]

so a bunch of straw men have hyperbole signs, anything else?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2018, 7:37 PM

Balm, it is the goal and that is what they want. Signage makes it clear and so do the speeches.Sorry if that is far too hard for you to grasp.

Oct 22, 2018, 7:39 PM

Far more interesting is you do not want to discuss the wage issue of it though.

Oct 22, 2018, 11:28 PM

Balmy has stated before that America needs low paid workers to do a shatty job of cooking and serving Grand Slam Breakfasts.

Message was edited by: orangecoloredglasses®

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

*wonders to self how many pics of tea party rallies...

Oct 23, 2018, 8:13 AM [ in reply to Re: wait, who said let everyone in? ]

tbalm posted a few years ago*

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

more flexible work visas would help

Oct 22, 2018, 7:32 PM

The problem now is that we've actually made it too difficult to cross into the country, by tightening border security it has forced people to take a more dangerous route, so lot of people are winding up dead in the desert. Because of this hazard, instead of working for a short time then going back home, most of the inbound are having to stay permanently in the US, which has created a lot of the issues that people are actually concerned about. We have succeeded in trapping them here.

If we created a more flexible work visa program, allowed them to go back and forth, it would probably prevent a lot of the chain migration issues as well.

Re: more flexible work visas would help

Oct 22, 2018, 7:36 PM

I agree on a workable system of work permits, the hard thing is one must make employer responsible for keeping track of permit holders. How does one ensure they do not just melt in and never leave. It would ensure better treatment of migrant workers though.

I totally agree.

Oct 23, 2018, 5:33 AM [ in reply to more flexible work visas would help ]

Except for a few things. Mexicans are migrant workers because they can't do better. Applications for visas are not the solution. The solution is an easier way to citizenship for them. Easy, cheap and quick. Obviously, they aren't terrorist. A simple test will eliminate that and since they are so passionate about coming they'd be glad to pay a simple small fee to be here legally.

Nobody is 'trapped,' here. We work to keep illegals out. Contrary to what you're saying we aren't NAZI or communist. America isn't a prison.

Chain migration does not cause people to come and go. It allows legal immigrants to bring their families here. When folks come here legally they claim anyone and everyone is a family member. Heck, with Mexicans everyone is. The typical Mexican has 15-25 cousins because they are Catholic and do not believe in abortion or birth control. Having large families is their heritage.

It would be nice if liberals knew who they are inviting to come here. Mexicans see things more my way than yours. I'm all for flooding this country with legal Mexicans and ending this progressive movement.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they are trapped by geography and border patrol

Oct 23, 2018, 11:12 AM

Imagine traversing miles of desert on foot with little to no food or water for days, watching fellow travelers die, and barely surviving yourself. You aren't going to make the trip twice. If they go the safe route, they'll be caught by border patrol.

So they have to go the more risky, more deadly route, which is why many of them choose to stay rather than take the risk to make that journey back home. A lot of innocent, good people are dying in the desert each year. Third part of a great Radiolab podcast tells the whole story:

https://www.wnycstudios.org/story/border-trilogy-part-3-what-remains

I lived in San Luis Potosi Mexico with a Mexican family back in the summer of 1988 and travelled extensively through the country. I got to know the culture pretty well and don't really see it the same way you do. The folks I knew were actually much more tolerant and gentle than the average American conservative.

I don't know if they will fit in totally with your agenda and I don't really care. I know they don't, they just want to survive and make enough money to feed their families.

Re: more flexible work visas would help

Oct 24, 2018, 11:34 AM [ in reply to more flexible work visas would help ]

400,000 were let in last year. 8% actually showed up for their court hearing.

We should create a path to citizenship for mexicans...

Oct 23, 2018, 5:53 AM

who are here. We should allow immigration from Mexico as to fill our demand for labor not according to their needs, wants or passions to be with their relatives here. This should serve the American people not Mexico or the Mexican people. Illegals should be deported immediately when caught crossing the border. Anyone caught with illegal workers should be shut down for a week and fined 10 grand per.

In order to make this orderly we need a national ID system with photos and the highest security features we can muster. Deport anyone who has a fake ID. We need a path to citizenship for illegals.

Anyone who wants a job can find a job. We have a nation of welfare queens who can have babies for a living and thrive on government assistance. That should be discouraged. We should harden the teat and sour the milk.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We should create a path to citizenship for mexicans...

Oct 23, 2018, 8:00 AM

You had me until this...

In order to make this orderly we need a national ID system with photos and the highest security features we can muster. Deport anyone who has a fake ID. We need a path to citizenship for illegals.

I'm assuming you meant deport any illegal who has a fake ID, not an actual U.S. citizen. Either way, this feels too much like "papers, please".

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Yes, it was clear that an ID which was presented...

Oct 23, 2018, 11:33 AM

in order to deceive authorities as to the right to be here should bring the bearer deportation. Don't be a putz. I have excellent ideas on how to handle immigration from Mexico. Imo, we should have very lax immigration laws so mexican can get here cheap, quick and only when we have jobs for them. We should let them dictate when they come.

Re: We should create a path to citizenship for mexicans...

Oct 23, 2018, 10:29 AM [ in reply to We should create a path to citizenship for mexicans... ]

It's simple. Come through our front door, rather than sneaking through the back. Our front door is open if you knock first. Coming in the back door uninvited is breaking and entering and you're a criminal as soon as you do it.

Re: So we should just let in everyone

Oct 23, 2018, 10:12 AM

I'm not aware of anyone advocating 'no border' or 'let everyone in'.

That is a right wing lie. Nothing more.

How do you interpret the shirt Keith Ellison...

Oct 23, 2018, 11:23 AM

was wearing showing "“yo no creo en fronteras,”. It literally translates as "I don't believe in borders."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/keith-ellison-sports-i-dont-believe-in-borders-t-shirt

Re: How do you interpret the shirt Keith Ellison...

Oct 23, 2018, 1:43 PM

Dude really? It's a metaphor for the community of man.

He's said repeatedly that he doesn't believe in open borders.

No it's not....

Oct 23, 2018, 2:12 PM

that saying and shirt is sold by groups supporting open borders.

That specific shirt is marketed by Las Caefeteras, which is a band that frequently promotes eliminating the US/Mexican border. It is not a metaphor...not sure who told you that.

https://lascafeteras.bandcamp.com/merch/no-fronteras-tee-black

I did a search for Ellison's comments on open borders...can you point me to some of his quotes. I couldn't find any with a quick search.

Just curious - if someone does "get in", however the means,

Oct 23, 2018, 11:23 AM [ in reply to Re: So we should just let in everyone ]

do you think they should be allowed to stay?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only if they get a fake ID and vote dem in two weeks.

Oct 23, 2018, 11:41 AM

signed
dem strategist.

Replies: 23
| visibility 457
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic