Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So, we get Pitt if they split against @Wake and @Miami
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,349

So, we get Pitt if they split against @Wake and @Miami

Nov 12, 2018, 11:47 AM

, right?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So, we get Pitt if they split against @Wake and @Miami

Nov 12, 2018, 11:59 AM

Right. A team that lost to the tarheels and came within a few points of beating ND. Which will we get?

Tigers have lost every game played against Pitt. Time to change that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2018, 12:43 PM

Yeah and that team we may face lost to UCF 45-14

Nov 12, 2018, 12:07 PM

Yes, Pitt owns the tie-breaker against the other "above .500 Coastal Teams".

The ONLY other team that has a sliver of a hope is Vieginia but they need to win @GT and @VT with Pitt losing both games. If Virginia drops a game or if Pitt wins one, Pitt is the Coastal Champ.

Personally, I am hoping as many Coastal Division teams finish 4-4 which would make Pitt 5-3 and 6-6 for the ACC CG.

Nov 12, 2018, 12:27 PM

Which is exactly the reason I'm not in favor of automatically placing conference champions in the playoffs if it ever went to 8 teams. No way even a 4 loss Pitt team that has 2 30+ point losses should be 1 upset win over Clemson away from having a chance to win a NC.

Nov 12, 2018, 12:51 PM

I am in agreement with you there...

However, imagine this: Meteor hits the SEC champ game, Notre Dame falls down a well... and then Northwestern, Pitt, and Arizona State were to make it to the playoff as a conference champ "spot".... along with Iowa State. Then UCF can make a claim....

Yup !!!***

Nov 12, 2018, 12:24 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Pitt holds the head to head with UVA, Pitt needs to lose

Nov 12, 2018, 12:42 PM

both and UVA win both to get jumped out of 1st

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2018, 12:46 PM

Pitt really is hard to get a read on. I was thinking they were one of the worst teams in the country when they started 1-3 including a 51-6 loss to Penn State, a 45-14 loss to UCF, and a loss to UNC. Then they beat Syracuse and I thought Syracuse was just down after their loss to us, and maybe they were? Then they almost beat ND, and I thought ND was overrated(they probably still are) and perhaps ND overlooked them, and maybe they did?

Then they've simply kept winning since that point, but the Coastal Division is so bad that it's really so hard to tell. I do think Pitt has obviously gotten better as the season has gone along, but it's just so hard to judge how good they actually are.

Nov 12, 2018, 1:05 PM

I haven’t seen anyone really say this, sometimes teams start slow and as the season progresses so does the team, gaining confidence and experience. But college football isn’t set up for those teams. To go through an entire season undefeated (power 5) is awesome. The coastal has had a very slow start, lol. But seriously if you look at teams like Pitt, Cuse, BC UVA, they have been very good for the ACC. Miami, VT, FSU are what has destroyed the progress the conference was making the last few years. Rivalry week is where we got some good wins over that time.

I wonder if we should just do away with the divisions?

Wonder if Pitt fans will travel? They did in 1977 to Gator!

Nov 12, 2018, 2:18 PM

I haven't paid enough attention to them in the last few decades to know if they care about the ACC title game or not.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,349
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic