Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So we don’t mind having a restaurant named Cracker Barrel but not okay with Nike
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

So we don’t mind having a restaurant named Cracker Barrel but not okay with Nike

Sep 4, 2018, 11:53 AM

So l, I hear Nike Stock is falling due to the recent addition to their advertising campaign.

While Cracker Barrel stock is actually up 1.68 (1%)

What are we becoming people. Stop this madness!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you prefer

Sep 4, 2018, 11:55 AM

An 'LOL' or a 'TU'....cause I did LOL! :)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Native Americans murdered/devoured untold numbers of buffalo

Sep 4, 2018, 12:09 PM

yet, Buffalo Wild Wings is still in business.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Native Americans murdered/devoured untold numbers of buffalo

Sep 4, 2018, 12:26 PM

You have that mixed up. The US government nearly completely wiped out the buffalo herds, millions of buffalo, in an effort to starve the native Americans, which was successful.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stupid buffalo can't read.

Sep 4, 2018, 3:14 PM [ in reply to Native Americans murdered/devoured untold numbers of buffalo ]

We put up warning signs everywhere telling buffalo, elk, deer and other animals to stay off our land.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You realize....

Sep 4, 2018, 12:12 PM

that back in the day, crackers actually came in barrels.

Before my father in law passed away, I remember him taking about getting barrels of crackers and salted fish off the train. There were some of the few foods that would keep without refrigeration.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Re: You realize....

Sep 4, 2018, 12:13 PM

https://www.southernliving.com/culture/where-did-cracker-barrel-get-its-name

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Re: You realize....

Sep 4, 2018, 3:16 PM [ in reply to You realize.... ]

So, it's the same as calling this racism.

Thanks for making the OP's point.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

who is we? I'm okay with both

Sep 4, 2018, 12:14 PM

just hate it when you tell the watier "all biscuits, no cornbread "and he still brings out a plate that is half cornbread.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: who is we? I'm okay with both

Sep 4, 2018, 3:18 PM

I don't know about a guy that would choose biscuits over cornbread. Must be a Yankee.

So we don't mind parking on a driveway,

Sep 4, 2018, 12:16 PM

and driving on a parkway, and yet Nike gets $200 for putting out 20 year old shoes? I don't recognize my country anymore.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How is White Castle stock doing?***

Sep 4, 2018, 12:52 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: So we don’t mind having a restaurant named Cracker Barrel but not okay with Nike

Sep 4, 2018, 2:27 PM

I never cease to be amazed how often we apply a different meaning to a word just so we can be offended. And then we want to re-write history to conform to our own wishes and ignore facts. I imagine each one of us has don't something in our past that we now regret but as hard as we try, we can't erase the fact that it actually happened. History is a collection of facts that offers us an opportunity to effect changes in an orderly and civilized manner. If we distort or alter those facts, we lose the basis for making needed changes. Even now, it appears one simple statement in our Constitution can be interpreted in so many different ways, influenced primarily by our biased opinions.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So we don’t mind having a restaurant named Cracker Barrel but not okay with Nike

Sep 4, 2018, 3:15 PM

Amen!! I heard on the local news today that a Charleston neighborhood is taking the word “Plantation “ off their signs so they would not offend anyone.
We live in a nation of offended people!

Sep 4, 2018, 3:17 PM [ in reply to Re: So we don’t mind having a restaurant named Cracker Barrel but not okay with Nike ]

"I imagine each one of us has don't something in our past that we now regret but as hard as we try, we can't erase the fact that it actually happened."

So true, Mr. Joe. I have noticed a (somewhat disturbing) trend of forgetfulness as I've acquired more seniority. Unfortunately, my personal embarrassments seem to be seared into my memory...and yesterday's events are...uhm...where I was going with this?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 4, 2018, 2:42 PM

#Oculluminati

Ha! Now that there is funny.***

Sep 4, 2018, 3:07 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic