Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So, um, yeah...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

So, um, yeah...

Mar 12, 2018, 1:53 PM

So there is delusion, and then there is this article.

Actual quote "Junior Jake Bentley is and will be the starting quarterback, and his coaches even believe there’s a chance he’ll be so good this year that he could choose to enter the NFL early at the end of the season"

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/college/article204614314.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow, just wow.

Mar 12, 2018, 1:58 PM

Cleveland will likely pass on a QB in the draft this year then.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: So, um, yeah...

Mar 12, 2018, 1:58 PM

If Bentley is a quarterback then somebody got shortchanged. Please hang around another year.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unprecedented, an NFL QB that should still be in HS***

Mar 12, 2018, 2:03 PM

Mar 12, 2018, 2:04 PM

He kind of looks like he just stubbed his toe in the article pic...

or yelling "doh!!!"***

Mar 12, 2018, 2:37 PM

Re: or yelling "doh!!!"***

Mar 12, 2018, 3:47 PM

or the most likely is just having thrown a pick six.

Mar 12, 2018, 2:08 PM

Canadians always need good football chuckers...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But I thought he wasn't going to leave USuCk until

Mar 12, 2018, 2:11 PM

they won the national championship? Does that mean they're going to win it this year?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: But I thought he wasn't going to leave USuCk until

Mar 12, 2018, 3:15 PM

If he is going to the NFL, he needs to improve by about 50%.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Josh Kendall is an idiot

Mar 12, 2018, 3:19 PM

he really is

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 12, 2018, 3:22 PM

We will see his NFL future when he goes up against our future NFL line. It won't be pretty. Given he is a NFL future "superstar", he will get pulled before half time to save his pathetic life.

Mar 12, 2018, 4:58 PM

He went up against our future NFL line last year. It wasn't pretty.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Tre Lamar... I hope he doesn't get charged...***

Mar 12, 2018, 3:36 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He’s never going to the NFL. Remember he said

Mar 12, 2018, 3:52 PM

he’s not leaving USuCk until he wins a national championship.

Mar 12, 2018, 3:54 PM

The coaches are probably pushing him to leave early so the job will be open for Joyner. If not, Joyner's turn to which is better -- starting DB for a championship contending Clemson, or riding the pine behind cooterville high QB?

We all know that will not happen, but for fun, if he were to

Mar 12, 2018, 4:51 PM

go to the NFL after this year, would the narrative be: "Wow, that guy is so young. He should still be in college (or that excuse for a college in Columbia)?"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 12, 2018, 5:00 PM

Bentley is 6'4" and weighs about 230 lbs. Just in pads without doing anything else he looks like a guy with an NFL future. He's got a good arm and just led a team of second hand recruits to 9 wins. We all hate on him, but there's at least something there for a scout to see that would make them want to take a second look. I'm sure someone in the NFL has taken notice. Josh Rosen and Sam Darnold never looked like "can't miss" prospects in college when you really watched them, but they'll both be taken Top 15 in May.

Mar 12, 2018, 5:34 PM

I don't like Darnold or Rosen but they have way more upside than Bentley, let's be honest. Are they too high in the draft? To me, yeah but the NFL is dying for QB's right now.

Bentley isn't a good QB. He's serviceable at best. He's consistently made poor reads against every team he's played not named South Florida. Scouts will take notice of that. He's forced many passes that have caused drops or INTs. He overthrows his receivers a lot. He has a good launching arm, I'll give him that but his accuracy is hit or miss.

Also, when he plays a defense with a pulse he folds like cheap paper (although their entire offense is just bad, so not entirely on him). His pocket awareness is below average or average at best and that's not something that's easily coachable. He's not exactly mobile either, in open space he can move a little but in terms of quickness, yeah he's slower than his aging daddy. It's sad that he actually led his team in rushing TD's last year with 6!

If he were on a good team that had good talent around him, he could be solid enough to regularly get a team to 9-10 wins. I'm not trashing the kid, he does have a little upside but in terms of an NFL QB, let's be honest. He's a very late round pick at best and lucky to stay on a roster as of right now. He could turn it around if he could fix his passing accuracy and finding his open man more often.

Just being honest on this.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Think he is better than Tajh at this point in their careers?

Mar 12, 2018, 6:54 PM [ in reply to Re: So, um, yeah... ]

nm

Mar 12, 2018, 7:09 PM [ in reply to Re: So, um, yeah... ]

Let’s be real honest about Bentley... he won some games good for him. If he were on Clemson’s team last year he doesn’t beat out Chase Brice for scout team qb reps. That’s some honesty. Second team scout qbs don’t equate to nfl stars.

He threw a beautiful TD to Ryan Carter.

Mar 12, 2018, 8:18 PM [ in reply to Re: So, um, yeah... ]

I’m sure the scouts will love that.

All jokes aside he is an average QB and I just simply do not see a career for him at the next level. That’s OK. Todd “cycling in” Ellis will save him a spot in the booth.

He finished last year ranked 48th

Mar 12, 2018, 6:12 PM

he should leave early for sure, no way a coot can better that

Mar 12, 2018, 7:34 PM

He won't be old enough to be eligible for NFL draft until after the 2019 season.
Someone needs to do some research before publishing such drivel.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

three years after high school which is 2018 for Bentley***

Mar 12, 2018, 8:04 PM

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic