Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So, poor Ed Oliver was too hurt to play, but he was out
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

So, poor Ed Oliver was too hurt to play, but he was out

Nov 15, 2018, 9:21 PM

Pregame running around catching passes and cutting up on a hurt knee. OK. He previously went on Twitter or whatever and said he gave his all while there or some crap like that leading you to believe he was shutting it down for the year to protect his draft status. If Dabo ever sees that crap happen, he better send them packing before kickoff because that is total crap. Sorry for the rant, but we were just looking at each other in disbelief when the announcers were talking about it and he was running around. Anyone else see/hear that? Did we take it wrong?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So, poor Ed Oliver was too hurt to play, but he was out

Nov 15, 2018, 11:06 PM

What was he so angry about?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2018, 11:21 PM

His coach told him that the Jackets were only for people dressed out and playing, and he decided to throw a ##### fit. It reminded me a lot of Chad Kelly blowing up on Dabo during the spring game for something meaningless.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Nov 16, 2018, 8:20 AM

I see both sides of the argument. Try to put yourself in his shoes for a sec and think about what you would do. 2 time all american and #1 DT in the draft next year with a bum knee. You would risk injuring it further to play in a meaningless game at the end of the season? They're playing for a mid tier bowl game. I agree that the way he acted on the sideline with coach wasn't appropriate but these are 20-21 year olds and I can understand why he isn't playing

Interesting. I wonder if that scene costs him in the draft.

Nov 16, 2018, 8:28 AM

Not a good look to go after your coach like that.

As for whether or not he has a right to be upset, I guess it depends on the clarity of the rule and the established culture of the program.

null

Nov 16, 2018, 8:47 AM

If the trainers and team Dr say he is healthy enough to play and then he decides to shut it down and not play, then he should be removed from scholarship and the team. If he is not released to play, he should stay off the field pregame and stay out of the way on the sideline. I really don't believe Dabo and the Tigers would allow a healthy player shut it down without some repercussion. Especially acting like an idiot on the sideline.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here's the sideline story.

Nov 16, 2018, 11:17 AM

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25289552?success=1#_=_

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic