Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So does Bama fall to 2 or 3 after this game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

So does Bama fall to 2 or 3 after this game

Oct 20, 2019, 12:12 AM

Answer- they stay at 1 and we fall 2/3 spots bc Bama played so bad

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they are about to get a couple garbage tds

Oct 20, 2019, 12:14 AM

here at the end to make the score look better..but anyone watching tonight saw their defense is still struggling

Why System Is So Messed UP

Oct 20, 2019, 12:22 AM

Tennessee is a bad football team that lost at home to Georgia State.

They are playing Bama in Bama at night.

But here is what's so messed up. People won't say Bama played bad they will try and make Tennessee out to be a "gauntlet team"! A talented SEC team that can beat anybody is what the twits think.

So, no they won't fall, but some on the outside of the SEC who have been on that bandwagon might start re-thinking how dominant they are.

Those teams people like more than Clemson all have issues. Oklahoma right now maybe the team with the least # of issues as crazy as that sounds. Their defense has gotten better.

We have issues too! But, we aren't playing starters in games that are decided trying to put teams faces in it to show everybody. Should we - no. The formula makes so much sense to me how Coach Swinney and Co. do it. Develop depth you will need and live with the circumstances. Other teams just develop their starters but have no experienced depth in case of injury. Injuries are a part of the game and always affect football teams. Even if it's just a nagging injury that limits a player! Hopefully they never learn!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why System Is So Messed UP

Oct 20, 2019, 12:28 AM

Lawrence threw a touchdown pass today in the 4th quarter that increased our lead from 28 to 35. Can we please stop making statements that aren’t backed by facts at all while acting like they are?

Oct 20, 2019, 12:29 AM

yeah...but unusual given the circumstances honestly

maybe dabo thought he needed some more time

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2019, 12:36 AM

I don’t have any issue with it. I’m just saying we shouldn’t be making statements about never doing something that we literally did today. Also, if you compare the number of passes thrown and overall snaps played by our starters it’s almost identical to that of the other top 5 teams. Somehow though there’s always someone on here saying the other teams are leaving everyone in late to run up scores.

you made that up

Oct 20, 2019, 1:59 AM

Pretty shameless

Clemson's backup QB is 18/29 Bama's backup QB is 20/32

Oct 20, 2019, 8:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Why System Is So Messed UP ]

on the year. It turns out that we aren't the only team to play backups.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2019, 12:36 AM [ in reply to Re: Why System Is So Messed UP ]

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but other than A&M and UNC, was this the only other game we even saw Lawrence in the 4th?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2019, 12:48 AM

How many 4th quarters have Fields, Tua, and Hurts seen this year?

Since you asked

Oct 20, 2019, 1:52 AM

Tua was in their A&M game with 6:44 left (up 19), Ole Miss game with 7:57 left(up 28), Southern Miss with 5 minutes left(up 35), Coot game with 9:51 left (up 24)

Hurts had a single play in the 4th against WV (up 35), till the end of Texas (up 7), Single play in the 4th against Kansas (up 28, he threw an INT, Kansas had turnover on downs, then OU had a 61 yard TD run, so who knows if he'd have kept playing, but technically, he was in the 4th), UCLA with 7:03 left (up 27), Houston with 8:15 left (up 18)

Fields was in Northwestern for a snap (up 35, their next drive was nothing but runs, so may have been in there?), in Mich St. game with 6:27 left (up 24, next drive 3 runs and punt, so may have been in?), 13:22 of the Nebraska game (up 41, NEB had 17 play, 7 minute drive after!), 11:30 of the Cincy game (up 35), in the FAU game with 3:25 left (up 21)

Trevor was in Louisville with 10:14 left (up 28), UNC till the end, 10:11 of the SYR game (up 21), in TAMU with 5:49 left (up 21)

As far as research could tell me

Clemson

Oct 20, 2019, 8:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Why System Is So Messed UP ]

Syracuse

Oct 20, 2019, 12:36 AM [ in reply to Re: Why System Is So Messed UP ]

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but other than A&M and UNC, was this the only other game we even saw Lawrence in the 4th?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this not true.

Oct 20, 2019, 12:55 AM [ in reply to Re: Why System Is So Messed UP ]

TL tossed pass early 4th to put us up 28. Last 2 td on ground from Rencher and Melusi.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: this not true.

Oct 20, 2019, 12:58 AM

His last touchdown put us up 38-3.

Re: this not true.

Oct 20, 2019, 12:59 AM [ in reply to this not true. ]

Oops he didn’t throw a touchdown on that drive, but Lawrence was still in the game.

Oct 20, 2019, 12:35 AM [ in reply to Why System Is So Messed UP ]

Have you not seen Ohio State? They look fantastic right now.

They're the:
#4 scoring offense - 49.3 points a game
#7 total offense
#4 scoring defense - 8.8 points a game
#2 total defense

They're also #2 in sacks, #1 in 3rd down conversion percentage, and #7 in turnover margin. That's a team with basically no questions right now.

Oct 20, 2019, 12:39 AM

Yeh, but they play in the B1G...bunch of pattycake teams.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2019, 12:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Why System Is So Messed UP ]

Who the heLL has Ohio st played. Absolutely no one. In fact they have played a worse schedule than the ACC for sure. The pax may play a better schedule than the BIG 10

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Oct 20, 2019, 8:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Why System Is So Messed UP ]

I’ll tell you they are a better team with that new head coach than with Urban. This guy is ruthless Saban style and isn’t afraid to show it. Not sure how he reacts in a close game but he’s getting more out of both sides of his season players.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic