Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So being so absent as of late, did I miss all the complaints
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 680

So being so absent as of late, did I miss all the complaints

Mar 27, 2019, 4:27 PM

about taxes? I understand the whole "tax returns are free loans to the government", but my witholding has always been proper, it's my itemized deductions that would typically provide me with a decent return....until the new tax law.

The removal of the deduction to donating to charity might be the biggest #### you to the middle class ever.

Sure, I get like $30 more per paycheck thanks to the new tax law. But my average return the past few years has been $2,500. $30*26 = $780. Sure would be nice to have that additional $1,720 that has magically disappeared because of the new tax laws.

Also, I miss Tigernet, y'all are fun.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

We came out about even. Lost a lot of deductions, but

Mar 27, 2019, 4:31 PM

gained the child credit for 3 head of kids because we're such prodigious breeders.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't want to go the kid route, but dang it.***

Mar 27, 2019, 5:23 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What charity did you not get credit for? IPTAY?

Mar 27, 2019, 4:35 PM

I got all of mine this year.

Also, came out way better b/c of the new tax laws mostly b/c of kids. The only place I got hurt was the cap on the state tax deduction...BUT I still itemized and that is why it hurt me. I assume the majority did not itemize this year because the increased the standard.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Double checking my return it looks like whenever I checked

Mar 27, 2019, 5:22 PM

I didn't qualify for itemized; however, after inputting some more rental property stuff I finally got over the threshold and the donations weren't $0.

But the threshold for itemizing and standard is beyond stupid now.

I think I got about the same back as last year.

Mar 27, 2019, 4:42 PM

With the news standard deduction, I my mortgage interest will not make a difference for 2019.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Forget taxes; go check out Daddario!***

Mar 27, 2019, 4:43 PM

Chocolate is angry black woman and says .............

Mar 27, 2019, 5:29 PM

Trump can gdiaf. Well she didn't say that exactly but same thing since there were a few F bombs in there.

I don't know the tax laws etc. But she owes almost $10,000 that wasn't expected per previous years returns.

I didn't know what to say I was like SMH.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My SIL does as well.

Mar 27, 2019, 6:33 PM

Due to Obamacare.

I'm sorry she owed, but at least she understands now the downside to it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My total tax burden was about $800 less this year

Mar 27, 2019, 5:36 PM

vs last year, but due to them monkeying around with the withholding to make the ignorants feel like they were getting a huge tax break, I wound up owing a little over $2800 including a $30 underpayment penalty because they changed what they were taking out. For years, I’d had it set just right where we were within $75 of either refund or paying but nooooo the had to give everybody a fake “gift” and screw up my system.

Yep so many are upset. They got more money in the .........

Mar 27, 2019, 5:47 PM

check but not what they expected at refund time.

I adjusted my #### and came out smelling like a rose. Thank you Trump (I'm not telling her that lol)

Like I said I don't know the tax laws. Apparently it had to do with something about nursing perks gone and buying a house but not in a certain way. Hades I don't know.

I'm just like laying low and not talking about it. Got enough probs with her dad lol.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i have no way of telling

Mar 27, 2019, 5:43 PM

my tax returns this year were completely unlike any other year

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The biggest kick in the teeth was losing the personal exempt

Mar 27, 2019, 5:59 PM

ion.

Between that, the raised itemization cap, and the new rules that say you can't deduct relocation expenses, I took it in the shorts for taxes this year.

The tax bill was a legitimate shot over the bow at people that live in states with high tax rates, and own homes by capping state and local taxes paid at $10k.

Between state and local taxes, relo expenses, and personal exemption, I would have had about $22-24k in deductions. Thanks to the new bill, I lost out on all of those, and ended up paying a net of ~$2700 more than I would have under the previous code. Fortunately, I left california just before I hit 10k in state taxes, otherwise that number would have been even higher.

Haven't done mine yet.

Mar 27, 2019, 6:37 PM

I'll wait til the first or second week in April to start; i'm in no hurry. I always owe even though we both claim zero allowances. It sounds as if I'll have no deductions as well, so i'm thinking I'll probably have to give Uncle Sam about $5-6K.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

now do Obummacare***

Mar 28, 2019, 11:33 AM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Worked out well for me.

Mar 28, 2019, 12:46 PM

More take home pay. Larger refund vs last year. But, I try to break even on the refunds crap. But, I did own NC $56 and no idea where I'mm get that money from.

I'm a jerk, so I do not donate anything (my job is to toss everything in a landfill somewhere), so no need for that deduction. So, yay for Trump's tax cuts.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

This MAC keyboard SUCKS!!!***

Mar 28, 2019, 12:48 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

I got back $400 this year

Mar 28, 2019, 1:00 PM

My W4 is set to Single 5 all year except for Dec when I got exempt. I also cashed out a 401k last year.

Re: So being so absent as of late, did I miss all the complaints

Mar 29, 2019, 10:05 AM

Next year, I get to claim Myfavjr. so I'll get back a pretty decent return. This year, yuck!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 680
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic