Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
3 Bama players suspended for the natty...Do we know yet?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

3 Bama players suspended for the natty...Do we know yet?

Feb 10, 2019, 4:25 PM

Violation of NCAA rules but do we know what the violation was. Seems to be pretty top secret info. Tested positive for banned substances?

Seems that media would rather talk about Clemson and highlight reasons for suspended Clemson players but crickets for Bama players. Bama players suspended for final two games but Saban says the suspension could be for the entire 2019 season. Sounds a lot like failed drug test. Why so secret?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 3 Bama players suspended for the natty...Do we know yet?

Feb 10, 2019, 5:26 PM

Clemson only went public with it because they were planning to fight it. When the three players were suspended in 2015 for the playoff, a public reason was never given, but we all guessed it was a drug test. We know that, at least in Deon Cain's case, it was not an NCAA test because he was only suspended for two games and not half (for marijuana) or a whole season (for PEDs and harder drugs).

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are wrong. The players suspended in 2015 were suspended

Feb 10, 2019, 5:40 PM

for failing a drug test. It was made public immediately that Deon Cain ,J.J. McCullough, and Ammon Lakip were suspended for failing a drug test. It was not PED's, but illegal drugs.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You are wrong. The players suspended in 2015 were suspended

Feb 10, 2019, 5:44 PM

Ostarine is an illegal drug.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

OK, but that is irrelevant to the purpose of my response. He

Feb 10, 2019, 5:51 PM

claimed Clemson was not forthcoming with the information regarding the suspension, but he was clearly incorrect. ESPN ran the story on December 30th with the information, the day before the Oklahoma semi final game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Osterine issue is 2018 not 2015...he know it's illegal

Feb 10, 2019, 5:59 PM [ in reply to Re: You are wrong. The players suspended in 2015 were suspended ]

Anyhow...I'm talking about December of 2018...can we answer some questions about the recent suspensions without going down memory lane?

Re: Osterine issue is 2018 not 2015...he know it's illegal

Feb 10, 2019, 8:12 PM

Alabama is keeping it a secret. and the media is not questioning them because they have nothing to run with. Maybe that is the connection?

One could argue that releasing Drug Test results of student athletes, or anyone for that matter, is a HIPAA violation.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

So about those 2018 Bama NCAA player violations

Feb 10, 2019, 6:00 PM [ in reply to Re: 3 Bama players suspended for the natty...Do we know yet? ]

What do we know? Swept under the rug and never ever to be disclosed?

Re: So about those 2018 Bama NCAA player violations

Feb 10, 2019, 6:33 PM

It's amazing to me how Saban designating the Bama suspensions as being for violating team rules on 12/24, then saying it was NCAA violations on 12/27 that I can't an article or peep since the 27th articles. However, the gossip spin masters and poor journalists just want to keep the Clemson story going.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would assume NCAA violations would be accessible?

Feb 10, 2019, 6:38 PM

Or is the NCAA unwilling to share their database? You are right....useless and lazy "journalist" are not pursuing this....could be a BIG story.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic