Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Liberty University taking the lead against Nike
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Liberty University taking the lead against Nike

Sep 7, 2018, 9:56 PM

https://wset.com/news/local/liberty-university-looking-for-new-jersey-sponsor-after-nike-ad

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So Liberty has no issue hiring Ian McCaw, former Baylor AD

Sep 7, 2018, 10:14 PM

who, along with Art Briles, presided over and likely took part in covering up the horrific sexual assault scandal within the football program, but they draw the line at Nike supporting Kaepernick? That's... interesting. I guess everyone gets to choose what they feel morally indignant about.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you surprised? It's freakin Liberty

Sep 7, 2018, 10:44 PM

The school's founder during civil rights argued that God wanted segregation and went against MLK. After 9/11 he blamed the attacks on "the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle." He was against the entire concept of public schools, hoping that they were entirely run by christians.

In 2016, the founder's son, now the school president, came out and supported Trump for not condemning the literal nazi's in Charlottesville. They STILL teach a "creation science" course in which they actually teach college students that the earth is 5,000 years old. Now he's selling his bullsh!t to tens of thousands of internet students and raking in tax free money while he hides all his shady crap behind the haven of having nonprofit status.

If any school was going to get crazy over the Nike decision it would be Liberty, the most ass-backwards college in the states, at least among schools with D1 football teams. You absolutely do not want your school to be compared to Liberty.

Re: Are you surprised? It's freakin Liberty

Sep 7, 2018, 10:51 PM

My oldest son is a freshman @ LU and we love it!

Sep 7, 2018, 10:54 PM [ in reply to Are you surprised? It's freakin Liberty ]

Only thing Falwell cares about is the almighty dollar. He’s basically a politician pretending to be a preacher

Sep 7, 2018, 11:00 PM [ in reply to Are you surprised? It's freakin Liberty ]

Some of your points are certainly reasonable, but the Master's I just got there was outstanding. Had incredible professors and instruction. There's a reason they are the second biggest school in the nation.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

http://www.mtv.com/onair/two_a_days/assets/season_2/images/flipbooks/episodes/finale/fb_10.jpg

Sep 7, 2018, 11:13 PM

I don’t think this speaks ill of the education. Just not a fan of the Falwell’s. I prefer my ministers to stick to the good book and stay out of politics. Just my opinion and ya know what they say about those ??

Sep 7, 2018, 11:47 PM [ in reply to Are you surprised? It's freakin Liberty ]

Perhaps if you took the course you would know the earth is over 6,000 years old... not 5,000. Smh...

I guess the other side that insists there are more than

Sep 10, 2018, 8:47 AM [ in reply to Are you surprised? It's freakin Liberty ]

2 genders is gospel, right ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's school is like Bob Jones Jr. right?

Sep 7, 2018, 10:54 PM [ in reply to So Liberty has no issue hiring Ian McCaw, former Baylor AD ]

Yeah, not many people talked about the AD thing. It's uncanny the hypocrisy of some of these schools.

That's school is like Bob Jones Jr. right?

Sep 7, 2018, 10:54 PM [ in reply to So Liberty has no issue hiring Ian McCaw, former Baylor AD ]

Yeah, not many people talked about the AD thing. It's uncanny the hypocrisy of some of these schools.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic