Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who else thinks that the reason Brad was not let go at the e
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Who else thinks that the reason Brad was not let go at the e

Apr 26, 2019, 10:28 AM

Who else thinks that the reason Brad was not let go at the end of the year review is that DRad /Clemson knew that it was highly likely that we were caught up in this mess with the NCAA.

Looks better to make the change after the crap has hit the fan, if you do not have the details to self report earlier. If this is as it seems.

1. BB may not have known what was going on, but that does NOT matter he picked Smith and he managed Smith. IT IS BBs responsibility.

2. BB- should have to FIRE Smith if he didn't know, and DRAD should be firing them both if BB did know.

3. After BB fires Smith , inthe event he didnt know , along with any others that report to BB involved, DRAD should show BB the door. BB makes millions , nobody needs to feel sorry for him.

4. In the interim DRAD should have his next hgire targetted !

-Esso

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If we have been paying players/families

Apr 26, 2019, 10:33 AM

Then we should demand a refund and fire the coaches. I mean, they clearly suck as we can’t even cheat and win. Drop basketball- fine by me.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's pretty simple to me.

Apr 26, 2019, 10:39 AM

1. Smith should be fired immediately.
2. If Brad knew about this, or was involved in any way, he should be fired immediately.
3. If Brad didn't know, then we better be sure that proper systems are in place to hopefully prevent something like this happening again (if they aren't already in place).

The reality is that assistant coaches have a lot of leeway when it comes to recruiting. The coach can't possibly know for a 100% fact that the assistant isn't capable of cheating, or isn't trying to cheat. That not only goes for basketball, but for football and every other sport as well.

I get it, a lot of you don't like Brad and want to use this as a reason to fire him and his whole staff, but just because this happened it doesn't mean that he knew about it or had any way of preventing it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: It's pretty simple to me.

Apr 26, 2019, 10:54 AM

Who hacked your account?

to straighten out the mess in

Apr 26, 2019, 11:10 AM

College basketball you will have to include Duke and UNC and Kentucky and a few other blue bloods into the mix and that “ain’t gonna happen”! You have seen recently how they escape punishment when it is so obvious that they are guilty. IF there really are taped conversations with coaches and/or assistants they would certainly include the guys getting the players. I think that money changes hands but I haven’t seen very many Tiger players recently that would have demanded and received big bucks!

Apr 26, 2019, 7:03 PM [ in reply to Re: It's pretty simple to me. ]

The narrative hasn’t changed, just the implication. No one ever argued CBB shouldn’t be let go if he was cheating though I think it fairly obvious he was/is not.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 26, 2019, 11:47 AM [ in reply to It's pretty simple to me. ]

Sounds like Brad didn't know - Smith said he had to pretend he didn't know the way to Zion's house on Brad's first in-house visit .....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Just my opinion, but I don't think Brownell knew

Apr 26, 2019, 11:51 AM [ in reply to It's pretty simple to me. ]

anything about offering money to any recruits. I just don't think he operates that way. Besides, if he did, our "recruiting" would have been much better during his tenure. As you say, it's very possible that the assistant was operating entirely on his own.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Smith most likely is a loose cannon here

Apr 26, 2019, 1:27 PM

he was also our top recruiter, that's why he was hired years ago. Not a good look when the guy you have leading the part of the game you lack most at completely ignored your standards.

If Smith lied to BB that's grounds for immediate dismissal irregardless of if any cheating occurred

Re: Who else thinks that the reason Brad was not let go at the e

Apr 26, 2019, 11:14 AM

Well by your reasoning, if a football underling gets caught doing something shady then Dabo has to go too. Some of you are so intent on getting rid of CBB you will grasp at any reason.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know if that's a fair argument. our football program

Apr 26, 2019, 11:40 AM

Is a huge success.

BKB is a failure.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't know if that's a fair argument. our football program

Apr 26, 2019, 5:49 PM

Smith May have been an FBI operative In this situation. Let’s not get to anxious to crucify him just yet!

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic