Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I got a question for if we don’t get burch
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 2,214

I got a question for if we don’t get burch

Jul 2, 2019, 3:14 PM

for some reason. With Donell Harris an elite 2021 prospect reclassifying to 2020, would we then pursue him for the 2020 class if burch goes coot. This is just a what if scenario. Also is Donell Harris oversign worthy at DE being a top 5 overall prospect in his original class of 2021. Just a thought I had and would like to know what people on here thought. Go Tigers!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Smalls and Evans would be the first 2 in line,maybe Webb.

Jul 2, 2019, 3:16 PM

Being the staff hasn't been recruiting those 3 lately, it'd seem that they are confident about Burch.

Re: I got a question for if we don’t get burch

Jul 2, 2019, 3:37 PM

To be honest, I don't care if Burch lived next door to usuc, his FB career long term is way more important than being loyal to a certain school that wasn't going anywhere fast. He could go to the NFL from Furman, but scouts, NFL coaches and owners will see him more at a school that is constantly playing for championships bc they know that they have to be getting the best in college coaching playing in high profile games as a college player, and bc of that, they will go after a player earlier in the draft that has been in the college game lime light bc they know they have played against some top talent during the playoffs. If he signs with the coots, he will be doing as we say, cutting off his nose to spite his face, and if I was an NFL coach, that would cause me to question his character of doing whats best for himself!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 2, 2019, 8:41 PM

Come on now, scouts are going to notice elite talent wherever they go. I agree he should go to Clemson, but he’d be on television every week there too and would play against several ranked teams. The top 10 in this years draft included guys from Duke, Houston, Iowa, and Kentucky. South Carolina literally had a player at the same position taken #1 overall just a few years ago.

Jul 2, 2019, 8:51 PM [ in reply to Re: I got a question for if we don’t get burch ]

NFL coaches and talent scouts don't limit their evaluation to DI schools. They check all levels because they can recognize talent wherever it may be. Check the rosters of NFL teams and one will find players from every level of collegiate experience. It's the same for high school talent. Coaches can evaluate players form the small schools just as well as they can from the larger schools. There may be a difference in their level of development at some schools.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 2, 2019, 4:25 PM

Harris played himself out of going to Clemson I believe. He’s just too small right now. Another year of HS to get bigger would’ve served him well. He was getting tossed around at that Rivals camp. His only move was to try to blow by people and that’s not going to work in college without some strength.

Smalls or Webb would be your next takes if we don’t get Burch but I’m pretty confident he’s a Tiger.

Jul 2, 2019, 6:52 PM

The Tigers will still have a top notch DL coming in for 2020.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 2,214
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic