Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Since we're out of it with Webb
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Since we're out of it with Webb

Dec 5, 2018, 11:49 AM

It's crucial that we land Putnam. Trevor Lawrence is going to be running for his life in the next few years if we keep losing out on top o-lineman.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know its not our way, but we might have to go get

Dec 5, 2018, 12:08 PM

junior college linemen. We also need to try and sway some of Ohio State's OL commits with Meyer retiring.

Would love to get Harry Miller but that's not happening

Dec 5, 2018, 2:09 PM

Their OC/New HC was his recruiter so he's going to be solid.

I know we got Carmen but these last couple years have been disappointing in the OL recruiting realm. I like Caldwell and once we get em in he is good with development but man we gotta figure it out. Looks like they have 2020 handled which is the upside. the downside is that we have Trevor for 2 more years and i'd like to keep him healthy.

Re: Would love to get Harry Miller but that's not happening

Dec 5, 2018, 2:13 PM

Has Hyatt improved that much since he was a freshman? The O line is far behind every other position group on the team year after year. Constantly getting beat for recruits. Safety recruiting the past few years hasn’t been good either and we’ve seen that hurt this year. At least the safety needs are being addressed this class. Not so much for o line

Dec 5, 2018, 2:18 PM

I never expected Hyatt to develop too much more than he did since freshman year. Think he'll be a center in the NFL. I agree the O-line is behind more position groups but I don't think Caldwell is awful at development. He does a good job cross-training. And look, i'm with you on the need to improve recruiting. I don't think we should downplay what he's done with 3* kids in the development department. But i also agree on the other hand we wouldn't have to spend so much time developing if we brought in the talent that I think we can at O-line.

At the end of the day I do think he's a good coach . . . but I don't think he's a good recruiter. That being said 2020 is a pleasant surprise. But the last couple of years will come to haunt us next year and the year after.

Dec 5, 2018, 3:49 PM

Uh, Hyatt isn't going to be a center. PFF did a break down on Hyatt this year and he gave up like 11 pressure plays in 400 snaps. Some of you offensive line basher have no idea what you are talking about and you really don't if you're questioning Hyatt. Vinson, Bockhorst, Pollard, Simpson, Giella, Dehond, Cervenka (though recruited as a DT) were all 4 stars and most if not all were top 300 guys by at least one service. Then you have 2 5 stars in Hyatt and Carmen. The rest are a couple high 3's and some are guys the coaches pinpointed and evaluated as guys who could develop into good o-linemen. It just amazes me at the lack of common knowledge with some fans. The offensive line has been better than good this year.

Re: I know its not our way, but we might have to go get

Dec 5, 2018, 4:26 PM [ in reply to I know its not our way, but we might have to go get ]

JC Linemen are challenging to work into one's offense (defense is easier). So much coordination and timing is critical on the OL and hard to make work.

Re: Since we're out of it with Webb

Dec 5, 2018, 12:25 PM

Our oline recruiting is broken.

Re: Since we're out of it with Webb***

Dec 5, 2018, 2:17 PM

How do we know we are out? Did he say something?

Message was edited by: clemsontigers69

Saddest thread ever...

Dec 5, 2018, 2:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Since we're out of it with Webb ]

Really? Only ten schools have made the CFP to date...just...ten. Fourteen of the 20 slots have been filled by Bama, Clemson, OU, and tOSU.

You do realize, as it's been said quite often, that OLinemen are the hardest to evaluate, which speaks to why there are so few that get to 5-star level. Staffs simply have to know what to look for and how to develop. Even with so few 5-star prospects, Clemson nabbed Hyatt and Carman...TWO of the few prospects available.

Save your teeth...gnashing them is unhealthy. This has been a public service/obvious announcement.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic