Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Since nobody else has the balls to ask this. If Zion came to Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Since nobody else has the balls to ask this. If Zion came to Clemson

Apr 16, 2019, 11:38 AM

would we have made it to Madison Square Garden for the NIT semifinals? I say DEFINITELY YES. Brownell had a chance to save his job, but not countering the Coach K "brotherhood" propaganda with the "Tigerhood" angle I kept posting about on Tiger-net... that's what wrecked the program.

Now we will be LUCKY to make the Sweet 16 in the next 5 years. How far the mighty have fallen. If we don't make the sweet 16 in 5 years then I say we have to fire Brownell and finally bring back Jim Davis. It's long overdue. And we need to make Danny Ford the AD if we finally want an administration serious about basketball and the rest of the Olympic sports.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Since nobody else has the balls to ask this. If Zion came to Clemson

Apr 16, 2019, 11:47 AM

Brad Brownell has done as well as he can do . I support Brad Brownell .
There isn't a basketball coach in America that could do what Brad Brownell has done at Clemson , and Brad Brownell is being everything we hoped he'd be when we hired Brad Brownell to start the Brad Brownell era .

Let's give Brad Brownell a few more years to develop Brad Brownell's recruits ... and just see where Brad Brownell can lead Clemson Bradsketball .

Go Brad Brownell !

Message was edited by: Tigerdug23®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

You sure are a dreamer! Develop what recruits?......

Apr 16, 2019, 12:46 PM

He's got to recruit some truly good recruits first if we expect to get to the top level in the ACC and be competitive nationally.

You have the "wait till next year" mentality the people in Columbia have after every football season.

Brownell's had plenty of time to develop something and he hasn't.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2019, 12:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Since nobody else has the balls to ask this. If Zion came to Clemson ]

I agree Tigerdug23, I support him also. I wonder how many that don't support him and Clemson basketball actually go to games or attempt to go. I live 3 hours away and make it a point to at least go to one game a year and if there is a game in the low country, that is a must.

Tates Locke ACC 20-42 (.322)
Bill Foster ACC 44–74 (.372)
Cliff Ellis ACC 56–90 (.384)
Rick Barnes ACC 28–36 (.438)
Oliver Purnell ACC 50–62 (.446)
Brad Brownell ACC 76–82 (.481)

I'll be the 1st to TU you on your 1st post.

Apr 16, 2019, 3:02 PM

I like stats

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's good that you support the program but that doesn't.....

Apr 16, 2019, 4:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Since nobody else has the balls to ask this. If Zion came to Clemson ]

change the fact that BB isn't getting the job done.

So he posted a fact and you respond with pure subjectivity.

Apr 17, 2019, 9:29 AM

I changed my mind about Brownell. I now support him.

With full respect to all our loyal basketball fans

Apr 16, 2019, 8:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Since nobody else has the balls to ask this. If Zion came to Clemson ]

I live in Savannah and attended my last hoops game 3-4 yrs ago. Part of it is my son is no longer a teen, part of it is college basketball is such a weak product compared to Jordan, Worthy, Bias days when I attended every Clemson game. And part of it is Clemson plays a boring brand of ball. I came to Clemson from SE VA for climate and ACC basketball … then fell in love with Clemson. Give me a men's or women's soccer game over basketball. Maybe softball soon.

Primarily waiting for football season. No hard feelings.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Winningest coach in Clemson BBall History.

Apr 17, 2019, 12:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Since nobody else has the balls to ask this. If Zion came to Clemson ]

Very Interesting... which further makes the point I keep throwing out. Unless you’re going to hire a sure bet / big money coach....then keep Brad bc he’s doing the job we hired and paid him for. He’s a top 35 paid coach and that’s about where he is on average in the nation.

Top 15 coaches have to be paid like Top 15 coaches. And is Clemson willing to do that? My guess is no. Keep the budget in the football program I’m good with our approach.

Apr 16, 2019, 9:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Since nobody else has the balls to ask this. If Zion came to Clemson ]

You are correct, he is doing all he can do. We need someone who can do more.

Apr 16, 2019, 3:08 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2019, 3:44 PM

Nobody has the balls to ask this? Dude, this is posted here constantly. Literally everyone has been loudly asking, "What if Zion came here?". The horse is dead. Please stop kicking.

As an aside, I do agree, I'm not a Brownell fan. I think that with the facilities and national recognition that this program has, he should be recruiting at a much higher level.

Apr 16, 2019, 9:20 PM

Huh?

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Apr 16, 2019, 9:25 PM

People WITH and WITHOUT balls have asked and discussed this topic since Zion chose Duke.

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Apr 16, 2019, 9:29 PM

I have not heard anyone ask if we would have made it to NIT semi-finals with Zion.

Apr 16, 2019, 9:33 PM

I don't know why you t.d. it. That is what he asked and I have not heard anyone else ask that.

Ballgame***

Apr 17, 2019, 9:31 AM [ in reply to Re: Since nobody else has the balls to ask this. If Zion came to Clemson ]

Apr 16, 2019, 9:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Since nobody else has the balls to ask this. If Zion came to Clemson ]

Yodeling: "No balls at allle....No balls at all.... I'd rather have snowballs....Than no balls at all..."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can you explain why it takes any balls at all to ask that

Apr 16, 2019, 10:15 PM

question?

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic