Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Simple explanation of BB program!!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Simple explanation of BB program!!!

Jan 23, 2018, 10:35 PM

It's the same old story, we just don't have the talent and until we can get a head coach that can improve recruiting, we will be very average!!! This isn't rocket science, tonight was a perfect example.

To be somewhat technical here, for those of you who can understand this, to handle a team that plays defense like VA, you MUST be able to attack the rim with one or two players who are strong enough with the ball and good enough finishers to make them pay for "getting in your shirt". You have to have at least one , or hopefully two matchups that you feel your guy is better than the guy in front of him and your guy has to drive and attack the rim. Either finish the play, draw a fowl, or dish to an open shooter. WE DON'T HAVE one player that is that good. It's pretty similar to not having a QB that's adequate in FB. If you were paying attention, time and time again VA had players (several of them ) , who took a seam, drove and finished the play. We either don't have anyone who can do this or CBB isn't giving them the green light to attack the rim, but it's the only way to be successful against an overplaying defense. If you pass it around the perimeter and chunk up a 3 pointer with the shot clock expiring, you are playing right into their hands!! In fact 2 or 3 passes is the max you should have per possession or the probability of a TO goes up dramatically.

Bottom line...we just don't have the talent . Grantham was a huge loss and without him we are in deep ****.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Simple illustration for "drawing a fowl".

Jan 23, 2018, 11:11 PM

You make some interesting points in your post. Our basketball has played some very good games this season. Tonight was not one of them. As you said, the loss of Donte hurts. I say we will still be able to beat some teams with better effort and making a higher percentage of three pointers.

Lastly, you are concerned about our players' ability to "draw a fowl".... perhaps this illustration will help...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Simple illustration for "drawing a fowl".

Jan 23, 2018, 11:14 PM

Simple explanation:It's basketball who gives a sh*t!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 23, 2018, 11:15 PM [ in reply to Simple illustration for "drawing a fowl". ]

Agree, but tilt body up more, move legs back and add joint. Thin the beak out a bit and you should be good.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i just don't understand why we aren't the best BB team in the ACC.

Jan 23, 2018, 11:22 PM

We should never lose a game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: i just don't understand why we aren't the best BB team in the ACC.

Jan 24, 2018, 12:25 AM

The drawing is accurate except the brain cavity appears much too large.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 24, 2018, 7:46 AM [ in reply to Simple illustration for "drawing a fowl". ]

Looks like a coot. Is this a coot???

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Simple explanation of BB program!!!

Jan 24, 2018, 11:11 AM

Maybe you should take that over to the Basketball thread, then you may get a response from someone who wants to discuss basketball. Not likely to get any serious discussion in the football thread.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo Galilei.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic