Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Selling your Clemson IPTAY tickets to opposing (Bama) fans
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

Selling your Clemson IPTAY tickets to opposing (Bama) fans

Jan 8, 2019, 8:39 PM

I want to sincerely “thank” the Clemson fan that sold their IPTAY tickets in section 105, row 23 to Bama fans. There’s nothing like spending a few thousand to travel to see my Tigers play and have to listen to obnoxious Bama fans until they left at the start of the 4th quarter. If you get your tickets from Clemson, consider doing the right thing and selling them to other Clemson fans.

Message was edited by: cseigler

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

free market, free country***

Jan 8, 2019, 8:42 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Indeed, and he's free to make that request***

Jan 8, 2019, 8:43 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: free market, free country***

Jan 10, 2019, 10:30 AM [ in reply to free market, free country*** ]

True, but when you have an ENTIRE row & at least 3/4 of the next 2 rows right smack dab in the middle of the IPTAY section, it is frustrating to say the least. Trust me, when I say they were not classy Bama fans. When you buy your tickets from IPTAY, you should do everything in your power to make sure your tickets end up in the hands of Clemson fans. When there are 50+ all together, that tells me something ain’t quite right.

What if they were sold on stubhub

Jan 10, 2019, 11:40 AM

was the selling going to tell stubhub to vet the buyer? This request is stupid. My advice would be to give a tongue lashing to the fan who knowingly purchased seats in the opposing team's section. Maybe that guy wanted to gloat and it just didn't work out for him

TNet is so stupid these days.

seller*

Jan 10, 2019, 11:41 AM

Re: free market, free country***

Jan 10, 2019, 10:31 AM [ in reply to free market, free country*** ]

it is my sincere hope that every a$$hole that bought tickets from iptay to resale them took a bath on them. it is those people that make it tough on hard working real fans that actually go to the games to be able to get them through iptay because of the points system. just my opinion but people that do that are no better than pond scum.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Selling your Clemson IPTAY tickets to opposing (Bama) fans

Jan 8, 2019, 8:44 PM

On the bright side, the person who sold those tickets most likely lost $$$ on the sale

yes, that's the bright side

Jan 8, 2019, 8:46 PM

seems to be a considerable bias on here to IPTAY members

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Well, you got lucky...front row seat to give them some grief

Jan 8, 2019, 8:45 PM

Don't be so sensitive...if the FB team was that sensitive we would have gotten beat 44-16 instead of the other way around.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well, you got lucky...front row seat to give them some grief

Jan 10, 2019, 10:39 AM

Don't be so sensitive??? It has nothing to do with being us sensitive. It is down right aggravating that we were not surrounded by our fans in the IPTAY section....I can understand a couple here and there, but instead an ENTIRE row & at least 3/4 of the next 2 rows all Bama.

Read more: https://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=24875557&start=0#ixzz5cDdxTPAC

Always get a chuckle about those Clemson fans that are...

Jan 10, 2019, 10:50 AM

...afraid to sit in "enemy territory". It's a game, a freaking game...go represent, don't hide in a sea or orange. Sheesh, am I the only one not afraid to sit amongst the enemy.

Some people gladly pay more and get worse seats from IPTAY

Jan 10, 2019, 11:23 AM

than they could on the secondary market in order to sit with other Clemson fans. It's a preference. Nobody's afraid to sit amongst bama fans but some prefer to sit amongst Clemson fans. HTH.

My section was infested with bama fans...at least until the end of the 4th. They were pretty quiet after the 1st qtr.

Re: Always get a chuckle about those Clemson fans that are...

Jan 10, 2019, 11:36 AM [ in reply to Always get a chuckle about those Clemson fans that are... ]

When I go to the USCjr games I do my best to be in the thickness of the trash. Same when I go to FSU

Re: Always get a chuckle about those Clemson fans that are...

Jan 10, 2019, 12:29 PM [ in reply to Always get a chuckle about those Clemson fans that are... ]

Pretty sure you never read the word “afraid” coming out of anyone’s mouth....I believe I said aggravated and last time I checked they are not synonyms. And give me a break, I certainly don’t think those of us sitting in the sea of orange are hiding from opposing fans either. I prefer to be with my team, but you go sit amongst the other fans and wait till one of those coots spits in the face of your child & I’ll bet you change your mind real quick.

Hey, I understand completely but a few Bama fans in the...

Jan 10, 2019, 12:33 PM

midst of all the Clemson fans that was unlikely to happen and if it did there'd be a Bama beatdown in the stands too. I'm just sayin' chillax a bit. It's not the end of the world. You giving a Clemson fan for selling his tix is over the top reaction. Just think of all those Okie, O31O State, Miami and FSU fans that probably didn't get bent out of shape because me and a few others were in their mix.

Re: Hey, I understand completely but a few Bama fans in the...

Jan 10, 2019, 12:50 PM

Apparently you don’t understand or you wouldn’t keep responding with your “sensitive” and “afraid” comments. No one was complaining about “a few” Bama fans. We are talking about 3 ROWS (1 completely full & the other 2 at least 3/4 full).

Re: Hey, I understand completely but a few Bama fans in the...

Jan 10, 2019, 12:50 PM [ in reply to Hey, I understand completely but a few Bama fans in the... ]

Apparently you don’t understand or you wouldn’t keep responding with your “sensitive” and “afraid” comments. No one was complaining about “a few” Bama fans. We are talking about 3 ROWS (1 completely full & the other 2 at least 3/4 full).

Jan 10, 2019, 10:47 AM

Seriously, why would any Bama fans want to be in a Clemson section?

I could certainly get tickets for much less in a Bama section.

Jan 10, 2019, 11:39 AM

availability, price & location perhaps ? At Cotton Bowl we were tailgating in lot 4 and were surrounded by ND tailgaters. Had a great time. ALso had ND fans around us in stadium seating.

Same scenario for Tempe & Tampa ... Clemson & Bama fans intermingled everywhere.

The results for the 3 games probably dictated your experience. Tempe they won, Tampa we won on the greatest play we all know and love. So the fans were cordial in 1 and stunned and gone in 2. This game, they were crushed by Q2 and remained salty throughout the balance of the game.

JMHO. GO TIGERS .... already making plans for NOLA !!!

Jan 10, 2019, 11:29 AM

Your are welcome. Five of those seats belong to me. I did wonder who purchased our tickets. Just a little back ground. My wife was diagnosed with cancer right before Christmas and therefore our family could not attained. We have followed the Tigers for over 25 years and this was supposed to be our family vacation time. We did our best to give the tickets to friends and/or family but the cost of the airfare at that point did not make the trip possible for others. We completely understand your frustration as we have had to endure nasty fans almost every time we sit in the Iptay section. Many times it is embarrassing to hear the language used because we have now younger children. In addition, it does bother me to no end when Iptay members buy tickets to sell for a profit. That was not the case with at least five of those seats. This is the first time we have been faced with such a challenge and trust me the tickets were very difficult to list and as a result we had no way to know who bought them. I really don't trust the Ticketmaster resale setup but that's for another post. On a side note, just to add insult to injury my daughter had to have her appendix remove this weekend so we spent the bulk of our time at GHS. Not sure why the others were sold to the Game Losers Alabama. Just wanted you to know the rest of the story. Please accept my apology and Go Tigers.

Jan 10, 2019, 11:41 AM

nothing at all to apologize for. hate you missed the game. my post was totally about the scum that gobbles up tickets just to make themselves some extra cash. hope everyone in your family are doing better.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2019, 12:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Selling your Clemson IPTAY tickets to opposing (Bama) fans ]

Thanks for your response. I understand your predicament. Your family will be in my prayers.

Jan 10, 2019, 12:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Selling your Clemson IPTAY tickets to opposing (Bama) fans ]

Wow! Major props to you for responding! I appreciate the apology (although in your case, it is completely unneeded!??) and truely hate your family missed the game. We realize there are situations that arise and you do the best you can for you and your family. I hope your daughter is on the mend and that your wife beats that nasty disease. ????????????????

most buy and sell on stubhub or eq

Jan 10, 2019, 11:37 AM

so there is no danger of getting ripped off. Stubhub doesn't tell you who is buying the tickets.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2019, 12:25 PM

I do plan to contact IPTAY about making it easier for folks to sell tickets amongst Tiger fans. My comment was not solely about the Natty. People do the same at Clemson home games as well. Eight or more of the seats adjacent to our season tickets are sold for almost every home game and quite frequently to opposing fans. I know there are cases when people are in a bind and need to use Stubhub or other online sales methods. However, I think it has been way too common of a practice for Tiger fans that aren’t in a bind or folks trying to make money off of season tickets. I have no problem with making a quick buck but you can do so while also considering your Tiger family. I ask IPTAY to change my season tickets every year because I want seats where I can get to know my neighbors and enjoy the comradery I experienced when coming to games as a child.

^^^^snowflake^^^^***

Jan 10, 2019, 12:32 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ^^^^snowflake^^^^***

Jan 10, 2019, 12:52 PM

Real classy

Just my .02 cents

Jan 10, 2019, 1:35 PM

In the past an Iptay person would by their allotment of bowl tickets , with little worry about being able to sell them to other Clemson people that had not achieved their Iptay level.

This was thought of as a nice thing to do. This game was very different than in the past.

1. National Championship tickets are not "cheap tickets"
2. The previous playoff tickets held their value and went well above face value
3. And many, many Iptay folks sold their extra tickets to friends and other clemson fand at or near face, rather than gouging them.
4. This year was a disaster for folks that bough their whole allotment and didn't need them. Those friends that "wanted them at face value in previous years, were not willing to pay face value this year. Iptay folks were stuck with very expensive tickets worth 1/4th of face value.
5. When push come to shove, these Iptay guys had to list those tickets on third party sites. I could easily see how they would get bought by Bama fans that needed large number of seats in a row.

Anyway, some of our guys that bought 140 dollar tickets on stub hub etc..were not interested in buying tickets from Iptay dudes at face.

Anyway, I think it is a lot to ask of a guy to bite the bullet on 4-5K worth of tickets to avoid listing them online.

Just sayimg

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe they should have looked at where the game was and

Jan 10, 2019, 1:46 PM

make the rationale conclusion that the tickets may not have the demand they did in Tampa or elsewhere. I'm betting that these same IPTAY donors made money off the Tampa game if they did the same thing.

You should be grateful

Jan 10, 2019, 1:42 PM

What an opportunity to rub it in on a Yella Hammer fan in person, during the time of an epic beat-down. Those do not come around very often.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I bought my tix from an IPTAY donor

Jan 10, 2019, 3:02 PM

He took a bath.

He didn’t eat the whole cost because we salvaged some money for him.

There were 2 Bama fans 2 rows in front of us. When someone mentioned we were ahead by 21 she took offense. Then someone told her to recognize where she was. She cheered a roll tide on every first down and they stayed til almost the end.

At first I had your thoughts, but eventually them having to be in a sea of orange while suffering that beat down made me okay with it. I give them credit for staying as long as they did, but there is no way they had near as much fun as we did.

We won, have some fun with it

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic