Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Selfishly, I hope this doesn't happen. But Tony Elliott
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,698

Selfishly, I hope this doesn't happen. But Tony Elliott

Nov 28, 2018, 2:16 PM

would be an awesome fit for GT. Engineering background. Atlanta recruiting ties. And just an awesome guy.

Again, I don't want to lose coaches, but Dabo will have a solid coaching tree one day in my opinion. Kinda like Jack Leggett... multiple assistants winning titles and great men leading young people at other schools.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hard to have much of a coaching tree when

Nov 28, 2018, 2:18 PM

nobody wants to leave the program unless they're retiring.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At some point, schools need to wise up and begin poaching

Nov 28, 2018, 2:19 PM

from the best run organization in college football. I'm not saying these guys could re-create what Dabo has built, but I'd certainly take a chance on trying if I'm a school like GT.

The ACC Coastal is ripe for the taking right now, too.

evidently we are not easy to poach***

Nov 28, 2018, 2:20 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, but 5 Million a year would do it.

Nov 28, 2018, 2:25 PM

I know it's easy to say it's not about the money, and it's not for a lot of these guys.

But at some point, you can't turn an offer down. Now, that's if you truly aspire to be a head coach.

The ACC Coastal is primed right now. Mack Brown has a great shot get UNC turned around, and someone will have a great shot at GT. Those programs are not at all behind the 8-ball.

Arkansas, for example, is an incredibly difficult job for Chad Morris. This is the perfect time for the ACC Coastal.

If that's the case, Coach V may be gone***

Nov 28, 2018, 2:39 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: At some point, schools need to wise up and begin poaching

Nov 28, 2018, 2:25 PM [ in reply to At some point, schools need to wise up and begin poaching ]

You'd be foolish to think many haven't reached out. It's hard leaving one of the top programs in the country making top dollar and coaching in a pressure free environment where family is the focal point. If Saban were the head coach I'd imagine these guys would be scratching and clawing their way out but you are talking about 2 OC's whose roots are planted deeply in Clemson, South Carolina. I'd imagine it'd be hard to jerk those roots up out of the ground to go to a place where you may be fired in 3 years with untold amount of pressure. What a lot of people fail to remember, there is a reason why a school looks for a coach and it's not because everything is peachy and that includes GT where we are assuming Paul Johnson is leaving under his own guidance.

I wish Jack's trunk

Nov 28, 2018, 2:20 PM

Had a title, but, he definitely had some great branches!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tony Elliott

Nov 28, 2018, 3:01 PM

would be a fool to consider taking the Ga. Tech job. It is destined to fail until Ga. Tech demonstrates a serious commitment to their sports programs.

Re: Selfishly, I hope this doesn't happen. But Tony Elliott

Nov 28, 2018, 3:10 PM

The problem is, its only one Dabo and what he brings has little to do with Xs and Os. He has that it factor.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,698
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic