Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Seeing a lot of FSU talk about wanting Venables
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Seeing a lot of FSU talk about wanting Venables

Nov 3, 2019, 7:06 PM

Cant blame them, he deserves it.... but they better not hold their breath bc theres no way I see him taking that dumpster fire job.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Seeing a lot of FSU talk about wanting Venables

Nov 3, 2019, 7:09 PM

Who wouldn’t want him?! Doubtful he’s leaving any time soon.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I honestly dont think he wants the responsibility of a HC ***

Nov 3, 2019, 7:15 PM

Nov 3, 2019, 7:31 PM

Venables is happy just where he is.
He ain't going nowhere.

Nov 3, 2019, 9:13 PM

Anywhere

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

People in #### want ice water too!***

Nov 3, 2019, 7:32 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: People in #### want ice water too!***

Nov 3, 2019, 9:46 PM

That's great, I was thinking, "...and I want a threeway with Katie George and Kate Upton!!"

:) :) ;)

ST

Nov 3, 2019, 7:35 PM

After watching Junior come alive Saturday I don’t see Dad leaving the Tigers.

Once Tyler gets here (youngest son) . . .

Nov 3, 2019, 7:45 PM

I'll feel even better about our situation . . . Yeah, yeah . . . I know about the portal thingy . . .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Every P5 Team's list includes Venables.

Nov 3, 2019, 9:20 PM

Every single year, he's one of the obligatory names that comes up. GT, Kansas, Kansas State, and Louisville had him on their "short list" lol. BV is in the ring collection business and God help the soul who interups him watching film to ask him to interview this close to Ring Season

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

his son plays here hes a lock to br here as a coach

Nov 3, 2019, 9:24 PM

until his son graduates at the least

LOL. Just LOL***

Nov 3, 2019, 9:24 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FSU is not a dumpster fire. Any decent coach will

Nov 3, 2019, 9:48 PM

have it turned around in no time. They have talent on the roster right now and it's not hard to recruit there.

Any coach would and should be interested in the job. Venables is a bit different because of his sons, but if they come after either Elliott or Scott, they'd have to consider it.

Au contraire... FSU is indeed a dumpster fire that just had

Nov 3, 2019, 10:27 PM

gasoline poured on it. Everyone keeps talking about FSU's talent. True they have some talent but it is selective talent at best. They don't have depth at most positions, they don't have talented skill at every position (as opposed to the Bowden FSU), and some positions they have practically no talent at all (i.e. offensive line).

FSU's culture is in the dumps and they are headed for their second losing season in a row. They are about to experience their third different coaching staff in 4 years and the last top caliber QB they recruited was Winston (a person of ill character). For a number of reasons, a lot of good to great coaches are going to stay away from FSU. First and foremost a lot of good coaches will stay away from FSU because they have just demonstrated they lack the patience to give a coach a fair opportunity to re-build the program. Who would want to go there knowing they may be fired in less than 2 seasons? The FSU administration has also shown a reluctance to update and build football facilities (one of the reasons Jimbo left) so how are they going to compete with the top programs who are way ahead of them in the facility race? A top of the line coach is going to want to have the facilities to compete. Additionally, top coaches usually have jobs at institutions that are willing to pay them a lot of cash to stay. What does FSU currently have to draw a top coach (and just importantly, top assistants for the staff) away? FSU is not some bottomless money pit where price is no object - they had to get donors to put up the $20 million to buy out Taggart. I doubt FSU has the deep pockets to get in bidding wars with other schools for the top coaching talent.

Without a home run hire in the next 6 weeks (which I have serious doubts of FSU's ability to accomplish), they are going to suffer some setbacks with the 2020 recruiting class (early signing period is in December). You can bet your last dollar that every recruit is going to hear about the instability at FSU by every team recruiting against them. If FSU has not named a coach by the early signing period they are going to get hammered in the 2020 class.

Nope the FSU dumpster fire has been nice steady burn and has the potential to turn into a full 5 alarm, burn the building down blaze if they don't make a splash with their hire. If I were an FSU fan I would not be so confident in what happens next - the current FSU administration has proven themselves to be idiots so what makes anyone think that trend won't continue?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Au contraire... FSU is indeed a dumpster fire that just had

Nov 4, 2019, 7:45 AM

At this point, I think FSU administration is pointing to Knoxville and saying they could do better!

Re: FSU is not a dumpster fire. Any decent coach will

Nov 4, 2019, 7:41 AM [ in reply to FSU is not a dumpster fire. Any decent coach will ]

I guess it depends on what you consider a dumpster fire. There is a lot of talent there according to recruiting rankings, which kind of shows the importance of evaluating and developing talent. I certainly think that there is more there than most places looking for a new coach.

The good thing for whoever takes the position is there are probably realistic expectations after Taggart. Like you I am not concerned about Venables, but do think that Scott or Elliot will be looked at. Though the amount of talent is debatable, their bigger problem seems to be the culture. Scott or Elliot, either one, would be good choices to address the issue.

FSU has other problems, but I doubt that money is a huge one. I haven't looked, but they may have even gotten money when Jimbo skipped town. Even with a big buyout, I expect that they could address the facilities if that is what their choice in coaches requires. I am not sure that Scott or Elliot would take the job, but I do think that they would take a look.

Nov 3, 2019, 10:01 PM

He may leave for a HC job at some point down the line..

But there’s not a snowball’s chance he leaves for the disaster that is FSU football

FSU is a top 10 job.

Nov 3, 2019, 10:08 PM

Generally speaking if there's a job opening, it's due to the program not performing.

The right guy will succeed at FSU. Also, the admin at FSU will give this next guy EVERYTHING they ask for so that they won't be in this position again. I can assure you that.

Wantin' ain't gettin'.***

Nov 3, 2019, 11:00 PM

I just can't see BV as a head coach***

Nov 3, 2019, 11:01 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 4, 2019, 7:12 AM

Same question as I ask my kids: Which hand fills up first?

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic