Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So the boyscouts were selling popcorn at lowe's
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

So the boyscouts were selling popcorn at lowe's

Oct 3, 2019, 6:57 AM

first, the boy scouts popcorn is horrible, but I always buy some. The girl scouts are untouchable with their cookies.

But at the boy scout table were 2 girls and their moms...I checked the uniform, yep BSA and merit badges and such. One of the girls was pretty androgynous looking, but I'm about 90% sure it was a female.

I'm sure I had a puzzled look on my face. So now I'm the proud owner of 19 bags of really bad popcorn. My wife cooked one in the microwave. We will pawn off the other 19 on one of our kids, he will eat anything that is easy to cook.

I really had no idea girls could be boyscouts

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2 Points

Oct 3, 2019, 7:14 AM

I thought the boy scout popcorn was really good, but I have not had any in 15-20 years. Still don't hold a candle to Girl Scout Cookies.

I am thinking that they were just going to go by Scouts now and not Boy Scouts. Not sure though.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

last year opened the cub scouts and boy scouts to girls***

Oct 3, 2019, 1:05 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

^^^ Ditto this post ^^^***

Oct 3, 2019, 1:41 PM [ in reply to 2 Points ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Re: 2 Points

Oct 3, 2019, 4:46 PM [ in reply to 2 Points ]

They should just throw them all together in the woods and in about nine months there will be a bunch of Baby Scouts. Another merit badge.

Message was edited by: FishinCrazy®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Real Boy boy scouts have more important things to do

Oct 3, 2019, 7:29 AM

than selling #### popcorn!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, for our troop the popcorn funds everything we do

Oct 3, 2019, 8:16 AM

Camping trips mostly, but also nights at the museum, weekends on the Yorktown, dues/fees, etc.

Our record year was just over $40k in sales. The Tiggity clan raked in just under a grand this year in sales. Good enough for a trip to Clemson to hang with the athletes in the indoor facility for Scout Day. ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Its a ####### joke, Tiggity

Oct 3, 2019, 8:50 AM

didnt warrant your TD

I didn't TD. I've never TD. I RA before I TD

Oct 3, 2019, 9:21 AM

And I've RA'd about 4 times in the past 17 years, usually because of violent personal threats. Never nudity.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your TU/TD ratio is 99/1,.....

Oct 3, 2019, 9:34 AM

??

I think you get 1% for a single occurrence.

Oct 3, 2019, 10:12 AM

Could have hit a TD by accident. I didn't hit anything on your poast though. TU'd it later though since you got sensitive ;)

Nope. it is math using normal rounding.

Oct 3, 2019, 12:39 PM

I was at 3% TD's at one point.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know I TD'd a few I RA'd. But I have never RA'd or TD'd

Oct 3, 2019, 1:22 PM

half of 1%.

Hang on, now I don't TU much either to think about it. So If I have 500 TU's and TD's 3 posts, then I get 1%. Only way it makes sense ....

And to think they fought for the right to sell ######

Oct 3, 2019, 8:13 AM

popcorn instead of delicious cookies.

Interesting side note about scouts.

Oct 3, 2019, 8:49 AM

Son of is showing a little interest in the service academies, so I started doing a little research. It seems that Eagle Scout is still the standard for getting accepted to one. Not mandatory, but it’s a lot easier with than without.

Oh well, if he wants to go he’ll have to be the exception to the rule. I’m too old for that stuff and the troops around here are all complete tools and their offspring.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If he doesn't get in, send him to VMI ***

Oct 3, 2019, 8:50 AM

Eagle Scout will take you a LONG way in life, actually.

Oct 3, 2019, 9:00 AM [ in reply to Interesting side note about scouts. ]

Believe it or not, I've had HR people tell me that it magnetizes resumes and pulls them to the top of stacks.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can you formulate ebitda from a P&L

Oct 3, 2019, 9:08 AM

sheet? The #### you talking about? I can tie a square knot and bowline. Take that and shove up your P&L ###.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it would be a win-win if we could synergize our

Oct 3, 2019, 9:26 AM

efficiencies before we circle back around to a 10,000 foot view of the low hanging fruit we're trying to move the needle on. I hope this cascade of relevant information provides the bandwidth to put this issue on your radar so that you can drill down into the strategic staircase. I think the best practice here would be to ping me if you want to run the numbers through an idea shower so we can hit the ground running on a strategy that coexists with our corporate values.

I appreciate the reach out you just did there.

Oct 3, 2019, 9:31 AM

Things always go better when we automagically synergize our spheres of influence.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As long as we can float out a raft of measures to correct

Oct 3, 2019, 9:38 AM

any gain traction imbalances, we can rightsize the table stakes that might not actually be our long tent pole. It seems we're trying to get away with back-of-the-envelope solutions here.

Imma start answering all my e-mails with this quote^^^***

Oct 3, 2019, 11:10 AM [ in reply to I think it would be a win-win if we could synergize our ]

it will definitely teach you

Oct 3, 2019, 9:42 AM [ in reply to Eagle Scout will take you a LONG way in life, actually. ]

how to cut a rappelling rope 5' off the ground and try to kill the cool dude hauling butt down the rope

dickheads

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Eagle Scout has been on my resume for the past 30+ yrs***

Oct 3, 2019, 1:06 PM [ in reply to Eagle Scout will take you a LONG way in life, actually. ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

This is from back in the day when I was in high school

Oct 3, 2019, 9:20 AM [ in reply to Interesting side note about scouts. ]

But all three guys that I know that got into service academies did not do scouts at all. It’s just basically a well rounded mix of academic and extracurricular, so any kind of clubs, sports, etc would be a positive.

You know what would really help? Getting to be buddies with your congressman or Senator. They have to write the recommendations.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good call on the last one.

Oct 3, 2019, 9:30 AM

I play tennis with her son actually. Figure I’ll let him win a few sets in a row before asking for his mom’s rec.

Just send him to El Cid. ***

Oct 3, 2019, 9:24 AM [ in reply to Interesting side note about scouts. ]

Interesting advice.

Oct 3, 2019, 1:39 PM

Most men encourage their sons NOT to be gay...

I say that jokingly, my boyfriend is a Citadel grad.

A912®
CaptCrash

Re: Just send him to El Cid. ***

Oct 4, 2019, 10:14 AM [ in reply to Just send him to El Cid. *** ]

Yeah...dont go there. Place sucks now. The whole point of going has effectively been ruined by social media and evolving pussified culture.

great, thanks Dad***

Oct 3, 2019, 9:41 AM [ in reply to Interesting side note about scouts. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Probably Venture Crew. They can be either girls or boys.

Oct 3, 2019, 10:42 AM

Usually wear a green shirt unlike the boyscouts who just wear the tan ones.

No.. It's scouts. They eliminated the "boy" in boy scouts

Oct 3, 2019, 10:47 AM

in the last couple of years.

GO TIGERS!!

Officicllay, it's 'Gender-Fluid Scouts of America' now.***

Oct 3, 2019, 10:50 AM

Officicllay, I'm done posting from my phone.***

Oct 3, 2019, 10:51 AM

Not according to their website

Oct 3, 2019, 11:12 AM [ in reply to No.. It's scouts. They eliminated the "boy" in boy scouts ]

https://www.scouting.org/

"Scouts BSA"

Oct 3, 2019, 11:21 AM

There was a big deal made of it when the decision was made. Granted, people don't need much reason for outrage these days but still.

GO TIGERS!!

scouting-ers?***

Oct 3, 2019, 12:51 PM [ in reply to Not according to their website ]

If girls were in scouts when I was a kid,

Oct 3, 2019, 1:01 PM

I may have stayed involved after puberty.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Scouting after puberty is a waste of time" - CS02***

Oct 3, 2019, 1:40 PM

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic