Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Scott Pagano?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 2,701

Scott Pagano?

Aug 18, 2015, 11:49 PM

Can someone fill me in. I have heard very little on him from the interviews. How is he doing on the inside in terms of the 2 deep. Thanks in advance.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Scott Pagano?

Aug 19, 2015, 12:05 AM

He is progressing - maybe a little slower than we, as fans, would have hoped, but his pad level is getting better and he's doing a better job of keeping his feet moving through contact. World of potential but the technique is way behind.

Scott Pagano

Aug 19, 2015, 12:26 AM

As you may recall, he had a pretty nasty ankle injury in 2013 and tore it up pretty bad. "A year ago, I'm telling our coaches in staff meetings 'I don't know how we're going to keep this guy off the field," coach Dan Brooks said. "And then he gets hurt." This led to a slow recovery but when he did return at bowl practice he didn't disappoint.

"He plays hard, he's got a great heart, and he doesn't like to lose," Brooks said. "I see Scott being a guy who'll work himself into the mix, and then this time next year, when we have three guys gone, we'll be looking at Scott being the guy. We're going to see him getting quality snaps this fall."

Swinney on Pagano after bowl practice in 2014- “ I was also pleased with Scott Pagano over the course of the bowl practices. He is ready for those six senior defensive linemen to graduate and move on. I think he is going to help every one of them pack their bags next week. He is ready for an opportunity.”

In 2014, he played 54 snaps and totaled 10 tackles and a QB pressure. Now he is D.J. Reader's primary backup and is sure to see plenty of time in the rotation. Not only does he have the size but he's much more athletic now and agile than one may think. Don't be surprised if you hear Scott's name called plenty of times this upcoming season.

Replies: 2
| visibility 2,701
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic