Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Razor opinions
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Razor opinions

Jul 5, 2019, 10:36 AM

What’s your favorite system it type of shaving devices?

I like the idea of electric but don’t know which ones to seriously consider?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Razor opinions

Jul 5, 2019, 10:38 AM

You shave your football?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger/Terrier

Jul 6, 2019, 7:20 AM

You shave your football?

Only when it's hairy .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 5, 2019, 10:43 AM

braun series 7, only option for me, but wait for the sales as they often knock 50-60% of the price.

the pigskin loves it but the cleaning solution is expensive. works well on nerf footballs and signed, collect

Jul 5, 2019, 10:57 AM

Remington Shaver for the face and Braun for raising sideburns,cutting around the ears and back of neck for trimming and for a cleaner hairline edge on neck.I also like that both devices that I have are washable.

Jul 5, 2019, 10:58 AM

Gillette Pro Glide, power. Nothing else I've tried comes close.

Jul 5, 2019, 11:00 AM

Razor Ramon, New World Order 4 Life.

I've used a wahl for years

Jul 5, 2019, 11:05 AM

Similar to the below (Can't find my exact model)

This is a trimmer, so it doesn't give the clean-shaven look if that's what you need/want, but with no guard it gives a close cut that makes straight-blade shaving much easier. Can do a quick charge in a few minutes for a single session of shaving, holds a pretty good charge if left for longer

Clemson

Jul 5, 2019, 11:06 AM

I shave my head and face with this one...

EUNON Electric Shaver for Men - Wet and Dry Rechargeable Mens Rotary Shavers Electric Shaving Razor with Pop-up Beard Trimmer, Corded/cordless Operation, 100-240v Worldwide Travel Universal https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JB298J2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_sA2hDbGPS1K2V

Works great and cost about as much as a blade replacement for the name brands

I have used 3 different brands of electric over the years,

Jul 5, 2019, 11:34 AM

Braun, Norelco, and now on my second style of 3 rotary blade Remington. It does a good job, but in my opinion, NO electric is going to shave as close as a blade. I use the electrics because I do not enjoy razor burn, which I ALWAYS got with ye olde blades.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've heard this one is excellent but haven't used it myself...

Jul 5, 2019, 11:40 AM

The Lawn Mower 2.0

https://www.manscaped.com/products/lawn-mower-manscaping-2

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

I've gone through quite a few Braun razors over the last

Jul 5, 2019, 2:20 PM

30 years. They're OK, but I always felt like they were too much work to get a close shave, especially in the neck area. My mother in law bought me a relatively inexpensive Norelco triple head razor about 8 years ago and I love it. I've replaced the blades, but it works better than the expensive Brauns that I have under the bathroom sink.

Razor blades and shaving cream are nice for the closest shave possible, but it's much simpler and easier to use a good electric, especially since you can do it while you drive, watch tv or surf the net.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 5, 2019, 4:43 PM

Triple head Norelco. Saved time getting ready for a 20 mile commute to work. Haven't used a blade since the days of single life when dating. Probably would look like an attemped suicide if tried now.

Message was edited by: BerlinSPY73®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

I have a full beard that is almost 2 years old

Jul 5, 2019, 4:58 PM

It's about down to my sternum it hasn't stopped growing yet. It's my first long beard I had no idea it would grow so long.

I use an electric razor to clip the hairs on the end of my nose and the strays up high on my cheeks and I trim it around my mouth, can't stand hairs dangling in my mouf.

I grew it long because I was lazy and didn't like shaving every day or trimming once a week. It's far more work using beard oils beard balms and trimming then shaving ever was...irony at it's best.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 5, 2019, 5:15 PM

Braun. Braun. Braun.

I have a Series 7 but the Series 5 is the best value for the money.

Don't even consider Remington. If only I discovered Braun sooner.

Gillette ATRA... I've had the same razor for 40 years... Use

Jul 5, 2019, 7:23 PM

aftermarket blades (twin) that sell for $1 per 5-pack. I think I'll probably have it buried with me if I don't do the (b)urn thing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Schick Hydro 3

Jul 5, 2019, 7:41 PM

This is my favorite, after trying everything out there from the five blade cartridge razors, to electrics, to old school double edge razors, to straight razors. The Hydro 3 is easy to use, providing a very close shave with minimal irritation.

The others I’ve tried are either too irritating, too difficult to learn, or just annoying.

If you are wanting electric, Braun Series 5 is a good one. It won’t shave as close as a non-electric though.

I can highly recommend a good shave prep. Take a hot shower and use a good shaving cream. Don’t buy the canned foam goop.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I use the Gillette 5 blade razor, whatever it's called, Fusion?

Jul 5, 2019, 9:46 PM

And I haven't bought shaving cream in years. Soap up my face well, in the shower, and shaving is the last thing I do before rinsing off. Gets a good close shave!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Schick Hydro 3

Jul 5, 2019, 10:17 PM [ in reply to Schick Hydro 3 ]

A hot shower will really dry your skin out Judge.

Jul 5, 2019, 7:44 PM

I get one of those pks of 12 for a dollar, they're pink which is nice. I can shave my legs for a year with one razor.

I use double edge razor.

Jul 5, 2019, 7:50 PM

Order feather blades on amazon. about 40 buck for 200. each one lasts me about 2 weeks.

better shave, and cheaper.

This personal hygiene dialogue has been interesting to say the least..

Jul 5, 2019, 9:11 PM

and now I confused more about shaving than when I started reading this non-football post!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love the idea of a double edge razor.

Jul 5, 2019, 10:18 PM [ in reply to I use double edge razor. ]

Nostalgia, learning a new skill, save some money, etc. But despite much effort, including trying to master blade angle, light pressure, blade sampler packs, different shaving creams/soaps, mapping my face, etc., I gave up on the idea. Not a close or comfortable shave for my face at all.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

That's eight years worth, eh?? ***

Jul 6, 2019, 1:29 AM [ in reply to I use double edge razor. ]

Jul 5, 2019, 10:45 PM

Norelco one blade. I can get 8 months out of 1 blade. It’s an electric foil, and leaves no razor burns. The replacement blades are $24 but as I stated, you can get 8 months per blade with or without cream. Also it is about the same size as a straight razor so it’s not big and bulky like the rotary shavers. It comes with 2 guards and a charger. Best $34 I’ve ever spent and haven’t used a straight razor since.

Message was edited by: Touch_The_Rock79

Braun 7, Tend gel

Jul 6, 2019, 7:13 AM

The closest shave with an electric razor is to be had with a Braun series 7. But be sure to get the waterproof version of this. They sell it at Costco, and put it on sale regularly.

Then get some Tend Skin Air Shave Gel

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000X4JUYA/

You only need a pea size drop for your face, and one bottle lasts a whole year. It is a non-foaming slippery gel that makes the shave much closer. This also lubricates your shaver while you use it, which means that the head of the shaver will last much longer. And the real game changer is that you can do this all in the shower, since your shaver is waterproof. Remember that it takes your skin around 2 weeks to get used to any new shaving method. This is the way to get a shave just as close as a blade, but never have cuts on your face.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic