Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Saw where Fields is gonna apply to play right away ?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 3,361

Saw where Fields is gonna apply to play right away ?

Jan 4, 2019, 11:51 AM

Is not winning the starting job at UGA a legitimate excuse ??

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Saw where Fields is gonna apply to play right away ?

Jan 4, 2019, 11:53 AM

Hear his momma is moving to Columbus so he can be closer to her.

Jan 4, 2019, 11:56 AM

There was some incident with a UGA baseball player making some racial comment. They'll use that as the reason for the transfer and there's no way the NCAA is going to step on that landmine by not granting him immediate eligibility.

He may not be able to beat out Tate Martell though.

Jan 4, 2019, 12:02 PM

^^^ nailed it ^^^

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So, in order to get a pass on failing to win the starting

Jan 4, 2019, 12:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Saw where Fields is gonna apply to play right away ? ]

at UGA,he's gotta drag up an IDIOT making and a reprehensible comment early in the season ,throwing the UGA program under the bus ? Kirby gone Kirby.

Jan 4, 2019, 12:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Saw where Fields is gonna apply to play right away ? ]

trf rule has been trending toothless for several years. as I recall it started when some guy transferred to GT because his mom broke her arm

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Should be an interesting battle. Neither guy has been

Jan 4, 2019, 12:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Saw where Fields is gonna apply to play right away ? ]

allowed to throw the ball so it's pretty unclear (at least to the public) what kind of ceilings they have as passers.

did you just make that up? is that your opinion or do you

Jan 4, 2019, 12:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Saw where Fields is gonna apply to play right away ? ]

really have information stated that he is planning to use that argument?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It's Baltimore, Gentlemen; the Gods will not save you."

Re: did you just make that up? is that your opinion or do you

Jan 4, 2019, 12:32 PM

I don't have confirmation but that's what popped up the first day the Fields transfer talk started from some people who cover UGA. The incident did happen and the baseball player has left the school already.

In this case it's pretty obviously just a pretext, and frankly there's no reason that Fields should get a hardship waiver, but even if all they do is threaten to use it he will.

He is correct. Report was...

Jan 4, 2019, 1:10 PM

That a baseball player made a racist remark to him so his lawyer is going to use this as means to transfer and play immediately.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: did you just make that up? is that your opinion or do you

Jan 4, 2019, 1:23 PM [ in reply to Re: did you just make that up? is that your opinion or do you ]

The baseball player was yelling from the stands and did not stop when other students asked. He was subsequently kicked off the team. Since that incident Fields' sister accepted a scholarship offer to play at Georgia. It will be interesting to see how the argument for immediate transfer is presented and ruled upon.

Jan 4, 2019, 12:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Saw where Fields is gonna apply to play right away ? ]

Xenotiger said:

There was some incident with a UGA baseball player making some racial comment. They'll use that as the reason for the transfer and there's no way the NCAA is going to step on that landmine by not granting him immediate eligibility.

He may not be able to beat out Tate Martell though.

I thought I read he has a sister also a student at Georgia. How does that work if he claims an threatening situation or whatever claim is made regarding a systemic racism problem.

Jan 4, 2019, 12:48 PM

It will work because the NCAA is not going to even try to fight it.

I personally think the idea of Fields getting immediate eligibility is absurd, but I also think he's going to get it. After Belk and Kaho last year the transfer rule is dead and gone in all but name.

Hunter Johnson should throw a fit if that happens***

Jan 4, 2019, 12:02 PM

Jan 4, 2019, 12:05 PM

It will be interesting if Haskins stays though it is unlikely

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2019, 12:11 PM

This move would seem to mean Haskins is gone.

The Martell thing could get interesting. Tate Martell wasn't some sleeper recruit and he's already called out Fields on twitter about not missing your shot when to take it a second time. That kind of alpha personality could make the other players rally around him and with two years in the system I don't see how it's some foregone conclusion that Fields beats him out. It's not like UGA ever really trusted him to do much. With the way the Sabanites emulate Saban himself, Smart would have absolutely pulled Fromm for Fields if he though it gave him a better shot to win to say he could do that too.

Jan 4, 2019, 12:15 PM

true. I remember a concern the KB move would derail Clemson and cause friction and polarization on the team. Turns out nothing could be further from the truth

The way KB handled it poorly seemed to help***

Jan 4, 2019, 12:33 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Totally different situation at Clemson

Jan 4, 2019, 3:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Saw where Fields is gonna apply to play right away ? ]

74TIGER said:

true. I remember a concern the KB move would derail Clemson and cause friction and polarization on the team. Turns out nothing could be further from the truth

Trevor Lawrence beat out Kelly Bryant based on better performance and production on the field. That is the culture at Clemson - perform better than the other guy(s) and you will start. The players (as well as us fans) clearly saw that Trevor was performing better than KB in games so there was no friction among the team once the change was made - they understand and buy into competition/playing time is earned through performance.

The Fromm vs Fields debate is totally different - Fields is not better than Fromm and if Fields stays at UGA he will ride the pine until Fromm departs (graduates/pro's) or is injured and can't play. Never really understood why Fields went to UGA in the first place....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2019, 12:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Saw where Fields is gonna apply to play right away ? ]

It seems Haskins should go. It's a weak class and I would think he will be the first QB taken.

Haskins is gone. Most already believed he would leave and

Jan 4, 2019, 12:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Saw where Fields is gonna apply to play right away ? ]

i think this news all but confirms that.

I think it's the right decision too. This is currently a very weak QB class and Haskins is probably the first QB off he board if he declares. Next year you have Tua, Herbert, and Fromm, at a minimum.

My sources say if the NCAA doesn't let him play next year...

Jan 4, 2019, 12:23 PM

he will declare for the draft.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My sources say if the NCAA doesn't let him play next year...

Jan 4, 2019, 1:07 PM

I'd like to see that. Do play hardly any in college and then be drafted. Maybe free agent tryout but I dont think that resume could get anyone drafted

Jan 4, 2019, 1:11 PM [ in reply to My sources say if the NCAA doesn't let him play next year... ]

maybe you're trying to be funny/sarcastic...but you do realize the NFL has a rule where you have to be out of high school for 3 years to be eligible...

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2019, 1:39 PM

Out of high school for 3 years?

Well dang it...Baked Jentley will never qualify then...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2019, 2:39 PM

Yeah, because he should still be in tenth grade.

Replies: 25
| visibility 3,361
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic