Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Saturday refs?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Saturday refs?

Nov 20, 2018, 8:02 AM

Who are the refs Saturday?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Saturday refs?

Nov 20, 2018, 8:06 AM

$ec

Nov 20, 2018, 9:11 AM

SEC refs. This is a GOOD thing.

As long as we aren't playing an SEC team that is a playoff contender, we will get good refs who will let the boys play and call a fair game. I will take SEC refs over any other conference any day of the week.

Expect to see big hits, less BS targeting calls, and more leniency towards physicality.

SEC refs are awesome, in my experience, they have always been pretty fair and usually err on the side of "let the teams play it out". The only exception is when SEC refs are officiating an OOC game featuring an SEC playoff contender, in which case you usually see a lot of no-calls (i.e. refusing to call holding or targeting on Alabama).

Even then, no-calls by SEC refs are better than what the ACC refs do: blatantly make up calls on the fly, significant discrimination in what they call, and allowing refs that have an established bias and clear financial incentive to be biased against certain teams (Clemson-Pitt game, head ref owns a company and his biggest customer is University of Pittsburg and he was also a Carolina grad).

Nov 20, 2018, 9:43 AM

I saw Duane Heydt refereeing a game earlier this season. It blows my mind that guy is still allowed to ref any game after that Pitt game.

Nov 20, 2018, 9:59 AM

well he doesnt make all the penalty calls. He often is explaining what someone else called. The others on his are pretty bad individually too. To me this is a real bottom of the barrel crew.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The usual...

Nov 20, 2018, 9:41 AM
blindrefs.jpg(96.3 K)

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic