Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Saturday Was Beautiful
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 934

Saturday Was Beautiful

Oct 1, 2018, 10:56 AM

Let me start off what I’m about to say with a couple of upfront disclaimers. First off, I know this is TL/DR...sorry. Second, we are an elite team, and we should be able to respond to adversity like we did on Saturday if we want to win another National Championship.

Now with that out of the way, let me just spill my thoughts on Saturday here. First off, that has to be one of the best and most emotional games I have seen in my almost 30 years of following Clemson, and that includes the recent NC game, for which I was in attendance.

It’s great to be elite and have all of the talent we have, but a perfect storm lined up over the past several months that lead to what happened on Saturday. I’m not gonna rehash all the QBs transferring out earlier this year, all the 2 QB stuff in the first 4 games, or KB’s announcement to transfer last week. All I’m gonna say about all that is I feel we still haven’t defined our identity on offense due to not having consistency at the QB position, and yet the coaching staff made the necessary adjustments to play to our strengths and win. Go to just about any time before Dabo (especially…ahem…the Bowden days), and we lose that game every time.

I’m sure most were like me and prematurely wrote this game off after TL went out…I hate that I still do that…I call it Bowdenism disease. I mean Brice comes in and doesn’t really do much at first, and throws an interception. So I’m thinking we gotta about play perfect if we want a chance. Then something magical happens. I wasn’t even there as I was watching this on TV and could still feel it. All of the sudden the team rallies around each other and the offense starts humming with ETN (who by the way is a freakin BEAST), and Brice is managing things admirably. It also seemed like the noise and energy level in the valley cranked up. I could see it in the body language of the D too.

Then there was the Rodgers miffed punt...arrrgh!...but wait...we give up a TD there, but get through that and just keep pounding the ball and the D keeps stymying the ‘cuse offense. Then as has already been written in many articles “The Drive” occurs. Oh yeah, and after scoring that TD how about XT coming in and pretty much ending any chance of ‘cuse driving the ball.

Like I said, that was magical and is something for the team to rally around the rest of the season. I don’t know what’s going to happen from here on out this season, but I ain’t never gonna forget that game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Saturday Was Beautiful

Oct 1, 2018, 11:03 AM

They got a short field turnover and got a td. We got a short field (not as short as theirs) and we proceed to kick a fg. That was a concern. We battled back and won so in the end we did fine. It could have gone much worse.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let me say first

Oct 1, 2018, 11:10 AM

I loved reading your post, it completely speaks of my feelings. Anyone that can’t see the way this TEAM responded and not be confident for the rest of this season then, they are looking at the big picture. I don’t care what the talking heads think, other fan bases think nor do I care what some folks here on Tigernet think, this team is an elite team worthy of all that distinction deserves. I’m proud of this team, they are special. Thanks for your post!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Saturday Was Beautiful***

Oct 1, 2018, 11:15 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Saturday Was Beautiful

Oct 1, 2018, 11:16 AM

Ditto!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 934
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic