Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just had to put my best friend down today
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 46
| visibility 1

Just had to put my best friend down today

Aug 29, 2018, 7:41 PM

I will miss you buddy.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just had to put my best friend down today

Aug 29, 2018, 7:44 PM

That sucks. I'm sorry.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that’s rough. Condolences.***

Aug 29, 2018, 7:44 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This season is dedicated to Rocky***

Aug 29, 2018, 7:48 PM

Aug 29, 2018, 7:47 PM

I feel for you. A dog is one of the few things we will have in life whose value is not paid for with dollars up front, but rather in emotional pain in the end. And that is when we only truly find out what that cost will be.

Sorry for your loss!

CIED that was beautiful! Well put buddy!

Aug 29, 2018, 8:04 PM

Dogs are so awesome and they do become family.

Aug 29, 2018, 9:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Just had to put my best friend down today ]

Agree, well said. Thank you CIEDTiger

Aug 29, 2018, 10:47 PM

Sorry to hear this for you. Rocky will always be in your heart

He was a handsome fella!

Aug 29, 2018, 7:47 PM

Sorry for your loss.

~JKB

Sorry for your loss.***

Aug 29, 2018, 7:50 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 29, 2018, 7:54 PM

I’m so sorry, I know it breaks your heart. It’s been a year and I still miss mine. Wish they could stay with us longer. My lab is 13 and slowing so much. He is suppose to be black, but like me is mostly gray

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Aug 29, 2018, 7:56 PM

Very sorry for your loss.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry for your loss.

Aug 29, 2018, 7:59 PM

Been through it a few times myself, and it sucks. Remember all of the good times, and try to take some comfort in knowing your buddy is free from all pain and suffering.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Sorry for your loss.

Aug 29, 2018, 8:43 PM

I put my Golden done in January 1979 in the rain and I was raining tears as I buried her. The memory is still fresh after all these years.

May you be blessed with good memories.

Aug 29, 2018, 8:03 PM

As Joe Dirt said on the crocodile farm " that there's Rocky and he ain't no puppy"

Aug 29, 2018, 8:04 PM

Painful. Sorry for your loss.

Aug 29, 2018, 8:05 PM

Isn't it strange how we can get attached to a dog or other pet. I mentioned in a post the other day about one's dog coming up to you and as plain as day on his face there is a plea, "I need a hug and a good back rub".

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 29, 2018, 8:06 PM

I’m sorry bud. I know how I would feel when that time comes for my dog, who’s also my best friend. It will be one of the worst moments of my life, as I’m sure it is yours. My condolences to you.

Aug 29, 2018, 8:11 PM

Man, so sorry for your loss. I'm partial to labs and frankly, I don't believe there is a finer breed of dog.

-RB

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Aug 29, 2018, 8:14 PM

Sorry to hear about your best Bud. They ask for so little but give so much. That’s why I think more of my dog than I do most folks.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 29, 2018, 8:14 PM

Sorry to hear about your best Bud. They ask for so little but give so much. That’s why I think more of my dog than I do most folks.

I'm sorry for your loss!!

Aug 29, 2018, 8:16 PM

I just got a new pup for the first time in 20 years, and I can already feel the attachment after 3 weeks. I can't imagine how hard it'll be when that day comes.

I feel for you brother, but remember all the good times he had and remember how great a life he had b/c he lived with you. There a lot of other animals that are never as fortunate I'm sure.

I'm sure he was a great friend and knew it till the very end.

Aug 29, 2018, 9:05 PM

Sorry man. Godspeed Rocky.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 29, 2018, 9:11 PM

So sorry to hear man.

Aug 29, 2018, 9:11 PM

Sorry you had to do that. We had to put my wife little muncher down several years ago. Was very hard for her. Flausie was 14 years!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 29, 2018, 9:12 PM

My thoughts are with you. It’s never easy to lose a best friend.

Aug 29, 2018, 9:18 PM

Sorry man. My guy is getting up there in years too. I don’t even want to think about having to do that.

Hope you find peace with it and cherish the good, not focus on this bad time.

Dogs

Aug 29, 2018, 9:18 PM

so very sorry, it hurts, I had 4 boxers and when I left for the ladies clinic I knew I might not come home to one of them as she had been very sick, so much so that we had made that horrible decision- she had cancer. when my husband called me to let me talk to her before he took her, she had passed in just those few minutes, it killed me that she was not with one of us when it happened, she did have the other 3 boxers with her, even though I have the other 3 pups my house feels empty without her, she was queen of the castle and it just isn't the same, Pups steal our hearts its just sad that they don't live as long as we would like.my house was so empty when my last boxer died 6 yrs ago that I found Hunley just 2 weeks later, I couldn't stand not having a dog, you will know if or when the time is right, the pup can never be replaced, but it does help heal a huge hole, in the meantime, I send you prayers and my sympathy.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So sorry for your loss. Prayers for you, tigerfan_47.***

Aug 29, 2018, 9:30 PM

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Aug 29, 2018, 9:58 PM

Sorry for your loss. We have had Labs for years. Many tears with the passing of each one. Years ago our daughter gave me a new pup for my birthday. She named him Evinrude to go along with the Johnson motor on my bass boat. We drove down to the sellers farm to pick him up. On the way home he was on the front seat between me and my wife. After a few minutes driving he crawled over and laid his head on my leg and Cynthia said ,” that didn’t take long for him to decide who’s dog he is”.The bond was immediate. We had many wonderful days on the water. Had to train him to not jump in and retrieve the lure after casting. Each subsequent dog was special, but ole Evinrude still right up at the top.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know they actually miss you just as much!

Aug 29, 2018, 10:07 PM

If you live long enough and you have Companion Pets it is inevitable this bridge must be crossed. I have only experienced the Canine variety so I can not speak for any others. Regardless of when you get them whether as a Pup or as a Rescue or through other circumstances - THEY KNOW YOUR HEART! But they respond in kind also!! Wipe the Tears as they fall and they will fade later but you never forget them! You loved them, they knew it! You will look back down the years and remember many fond memories and little moments, toys, playing times, etc. because they were FAMILY!!!!!

Aug 29, 2018, 10:13 PM

I know the feeling......they really become members of the family and it is very hard when they pass......God bless you man......Go Tigers!!!!!

Aug 29, 2018, 10:24 PM

So sorry for your loss. We get so attached to our pets and I know how it hurts to lose one. God Bless Man.

Aug 29, 2018, 10:21 PM

I've had that loss too and it's absolutely crushing. I can look in my dog's eyes and see his soul and it looks so pure. When he looks back at me I hope he sees the same thing although I can't imagine measuring up to him. I have a magnet on my refrigerator which says, "I wish I were the kind of person my dog thinks I am."

I know how that feels man. Haven't

Aug 29, 2018, 10:29 PM

been able to get a replacement since.

Aug 29, 2018, 10:33 PM

Very sorry for your loss. I know how tough that is to go through.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The ONLY bad thing about dogs is,,,

Aug 29, 2018, 10:34 PM

they don't live long enough.

I've had to do the same for several of my dogs who'd grown old and were suffering. It never gets any easier. Had to put down our 3rd golden retriever who was 11 in the spring of last year. She had developed terminal liver cancer in less than 3 months. Don't mind admitting I bawled like a baby after the vets injection and I watched her last breath. Her ashes rest in the center of our mantle and I think of her and miss her every day. But a new year and a half-old goldie now demands a great deal of my time.

We never learn.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dogs.... God's gift to mankind.

Aug 29, 2018, 10:39 PM

RIP bubby...good boy.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 29, 2018, 10:46 PM

That sucks. I love my dogs and I know you loved yours. They are such a perfect example of loyalty, unconditional love and joy. I've always said most dogs I know are better people than most people I know. God really got it right when he made them. Hang in there, remember the good times and be thankful.

Sad to hear

Aug 30, 2018, 12:32 AM

My thumb caught the TD there. I owe you a few TUs.

Lost a couple recently. It can be tough. Hang in there.

Aug 30, 2018, 12:38 AM

Very sorry to hear that.

Aug 30, 2018, 7:29 AM

Sad for your loss!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sending you love my friend. It hurts, I know, but you wouldn't

Aug 30, 2018, 1:57 AM

trade the time you had to not feel like you do now. Hang in there.

null

Aug 30, 2018, 7:34 AM

I am very sorry for what you had to do. We had to put down our two Old English sheep dogs with in 6 months of each other years ago. Recently I had to put down my cat who we had for 17 years. He came up one sat. when he was about six months old, and I fed him and gave him water and he never left. I miss him and so does my wife. But he got very sick and could not recover.

Read below and I hope this helps.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
Author unknown...

Aug 30, 2018, 8:21 AM

Thank you all for the kind words.

Aug 30, 2018, 8:32 AM

Sorry to hear that. I had to do that a few years ago and it was one of the toughest things I have ever done. Hang in there!

Aug 30, 2018, 8:46 AM

I’m so sorry to hear that.

Nothing like putting down a dog or cat that will bring a man to tears.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Replies: 46
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic