Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
They're doing some copycat stuff
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

They're doing some copycat stuff

Aug 19, 2019, 10:57 AM

that other people had done against us that we haven't practiced against.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They're doing some copycat stuff

Aug 19, 2019, 11:02 AM

well.. who's fault is that, nicky?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seriously. I still don’t get that. Very bizarre statement

Aug 19, 2019, 11:10 AM

especially from someone supposed to be such a football genius.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Seriously. I still don’t get that. Very bizarre statement

Aug 19, 2019, 11:15 AM

Nor I.. I guess we aren’t looking at the same film the poster is! I’ve decided that a loI of thought doesn’t go into some post on tnet!

It's complicated***

Aug 19, 2019, 11:56 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 19, 2019, 11:20 AM [ in reply to Seriously. I still don’t get that. Very bizarre statement ]

It was Saban's very first excuse - and it was during the game itself, which meant he was already trying to spin an upcoming loss. Also, "They're doing some copycat stuff that others have done against us...." is a swipe at Clemson. Like saying, "Clemson's too dumb to think of things that might hurt us, so they 'copied' some things others have done." (1) I'm not even sure we DID copy other teams' stuff, and (2) wouldn't that be smart, in-depth research on CU's part even IF true?

Aug 19, 2019, 11:35 AM

If other teams had done it, it obviously did not work for them since AL beat everyone else handily, except UGA. So, if it did not work, either why would we copy it or else we improved on it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Any Person Who Knows A.....

Aug 19, 2019, 11:46 AM

little about football knows that watching game film is about finding weaknesses in the opponents scheme. You find out what other teams have done against the opponent and what worked.

Those weaknesses are expounded upon and plays are implemented and improved to smack the other team .

Nicky was an idiot for what he said because it proved that he wasn't very good at fixing the holes in his defensive game plan.

Aug 19, 2019, 11:59 AM [ in reply to Re: Seriously. I still don’t get that. Very bizarre statement ]

Isn’t watching film of your opponent against the rules? Asking for a friend in Alabama.

he was blaming his assistants

Aug 19, 2019, 12:25 PM [ in reply to Seriously. I still don’t get that. Very bizarre statement ]

For not being prepared

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I dont either, i didnt get it them and i dont get it now ...

Aug 20, 2019, 11:09 PM [ in reply to Seriously. I still don’t get that. Very bizarre statement ]

to give him some benefit of the doubt , what was he possibly trying to say or convey ? I still dont get it , ,, was he saying that we were doing the same old stuff that others had tried against them but since it didn't work for those opponents, bama had just figured we wouldn't try it and so therefore they did not prepare for it and now they were caught with their pants down ? someone help me out here..

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me

Aug 19, 2019, 11:47 AM

How could you not prepare for your exposed achilles heel?

Everyone tried to copy Pitt after they pounded us all day with the same play...and we shut it down. What if we had not prepared for it?

Aug 19, 2019, 11:56 AM

I don't mind being called Copy Cat National Champions.

Aug 19, 2019, 12:13 PM

That does have a nice ring to it

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

as long as we copycat our performance from last year***

Aug 19, 2019, 9:23 PM [ in reply to Re: They're doing some copycat stuff ]

Aug 19, 2019, 11:59 AM

During the game, Bama tried an inside shuttle pass to the RB and the Tigers stuffed it forcing a field goal. A little later, the Tigers scored on the same inside shuttle pass ro ETN and showed Bama how it's done. I believe Saban was ticked about that one too. Go Tigers!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 19, 2019, 12:20 PM

I'm familiar with a shovel pass, but what's a "shuttle" pass?

Aug 19, 2019, 12:49 PM

Cotton mill version of a shovel pass. Uses a high speed, steel tipped shuttle. So fast the naked eye can't pick it up.

Aug 19, 2019, 12:59 PM

Got it! I think it's the play to run right after the hook and ladder.

Aug 19, 2019, 8:50 PM [ in reply to Re: They're doing some copycat stuff ]

With the speed of both our QB and our RB on that play, I thought OP was comparing that rocket to the space shuttle.

Aug 20, 2019, 11:18 AM [ in reply to Re: They're doing some copycat stuff ]

Here you go!

What is a shuttle pass in football?
A play in gridiron football consisting of a short pass to a receiver who is protected by a screen of blockers. Also known as shovel or shuffle pass.

May 16, 2022, 3:26 PM

Yep - straight off the internet, so it has to be right. Unfortunately it isn't. And the writer of that likely never played a down of football.

A "shovel" pass is named after the original 2-handed underhand pitch motion used to toss the ball forward to the receiver. "Shuttle" and "Shuffle" are bastardized versions of the correct name.

Aug 20, 2019, 7:25 PM

Yep either way is correct.

Aug 20, 2019, 10:38 PM [ in reply to Re: They're doing some copycat stuff ]

what an azzur

Remember when Pittsburgh killed us with the shovel pass, and

Aug 19, 2019, 1:45 PM

two weeks later the Coots tried to copy cat it........Venebles had already fixed it. Coaching!

in other words they didn't know what to do against a offense

Aug 19, 2019, 2:23 PM

with a pulse

Re: in other words they didn't know what to do against a offense

Aug 19, 2019, 3:18 PM

And now that play is in the Tiger playbook and is used some. ETN had a touchdown on that play in the scrimmage game with Bama,

Aug 19, 2019, 4:15 PM

He was going to fix that at halftime. Then, they ran out of gas or had a flat...can't remember.

Aug 19, 2019, 10:23 PM

Saban mostly just mad that the Clemson OL played so well, his weak secondary got left on an island and repeatedly thrashed.

Great coaching and great talent for Clemson. We started off the season as a run first team and got glimpses of how nasty our passing attack could be (especially with Lawrence getting more reps) but I think just how devastating of an attack it could be was a bit of a shock to Bama.

Back to the quote, Clemson did run some interesting stuff that first half that definitely broke tendency and I don’t remember seeing us run. Looked like receivers were reading whether defense was zone or man while they ran downfield and adjusted the mesh routes depending on what they saw. I do think that is one of the “copycat” things Saban was referencing. Think STS did a blurb on it sometime.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 20, 2019, 9:05 AM

Not sure how putting on the field receivers they couldn’t cover and defensive linemen they couldn’t block is copying other teams..

Aug 20, 2019, 10:43 AM

Exactly! We watched the first half of their game against The Citadel very carefully!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

STUFF THAT WORKED!

Aug 20, 2019, 7:33 PM

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 20, 2019, 7:35 PM

Well - we are in the "cat" family, so we are the "copyTIGERS" I guess.

I hope Dinnich does not read this and claim this as her own.

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic