Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
SI "reporters" picking GT
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

SI "reporters" picking GT

Aug 28, 2019, 9:56 AM

https://www.si.com/college-football/2019/08/27/week-1-staff-picks-against-spread-auburn-oregon-byu-utah
">

Um, what?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They're just picking GT to beat the spread, no?***

Aug 28, 2019, 9:57 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: They're just picking GT to beat the spread, no?***

Aug 28, 2019, 9:58 AM

Yes, but it's GT.....

36 points is still 36 points

Aug 28, 2019, 10:20 AM

It's not entirely irrational to think we win a 42-10 or 35-7 sort of game.

Heck, with our early season player rotation history, it's not irrational to think we win it by 21 or so and look a bit rusty at times.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Then bet on us.***

Aug 28, 2019, 1:13 PM [ in reply to Re: They're just picking GT to beat the spread, no?*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

I don’t know how you pick against a spread

Aug 28, 2019, 10:30 AM [ in reply to They're just picking GT to beat the spread, no?*** ]

Offense that has been so lethal recently.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: SI "reporters" picking GT

Aug 28, 2019, 9:57 AM

Of course, one of the reporters picking GT also picked Duke over Bama....apparently, he likes day drinking.

Aug 28, 2019, 9:59 AM

No, he's just picking against the spread. If I were betting on the game, I might take GT to cover as well.

It's AGAINST THE SPREAD!!

Aug 28, 2019, 9:59 AM [ in reply to Re: SI "reporters" picking GT ]

I think both Bama and Clemson cover but it isn't crazy to take the points.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Aug 28, 2019, 10:04 AM [ in reply to Re: SI "reporters" picking GT ]

Don't ever go to Vegas

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

I think that's against the spread. And truth is, we might

Aug 28, 2019, 9:59 AM

not cover the spread. We traditionally start slow and play things close to the vest. I think the bees will do just enough to keep our defense off balance a little bit. We win and do so comfortably, but might not cover that huge point spread.

Side note, I hate gambling and do not look forward to the impact it will have on sports going forward.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo doesn't care about point spreads at all...

Aug 28, 2019, 10:05 AM

And he has previously called off the dogs in games that are decided early.

It would not shock or upset me one bit if Clemson doesn't cover the spread.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Going forward?

Aug 28, 2019, 10:07 AM [ in reply to I think that's against the spread. And truth is, we might ]

It's been a part of sports since there were sports.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!

I'm talking about legalized sports betting.

Aug 28, 2019, 10:24 AM

Now becoming more widespread. They even have a bookie commenting on MMA fights on the Contender Series. Clay Travis talks betting odds all the time now. It's just more open and acceptable now that it's legal in more places.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what's with this I bull

Aug 28, 2019, 10:15 AM [ in reply to I think that's against the spread. And truth is, we might ]

shat? No 3rd person on the mange?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

APM only goes 3rd person up in da Lunge.***

Aug 28, 2019, 10:22 AM

I don’t want to beat the spread. I want to win and build depth.

Aug 28, 2019, 10:19 AM [ in reply to I think that's against the spread. And truth is, we might ]

That’s all that matters and that’s how these coaches operate.

Do you think Dabo has ANY interest in embarrassing a new coach in his first game? He wants to win and come out a better team than he came in.

null

They are taking GT and the points***

Aug 28, 2019, 10:02 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Aug 28, 2019, 10:07 AM

I can see that.
As soon as we get the game in hand, Dabo will be liberally substituting players all over the field to get them early game time & situational experience, as is his habit.
He’s more concerned with building early depth on our team than he is with “covering the spread”.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo will begin the substitution process 1st quarter. He won’t wait

Aug 28, 2019, 1:12 PM

They all will play. He is a players coach and wants film to nail down the starting line up

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but I think

Aug 28, 2019, 10:16 AM

he's picking against the spread.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

This true "fan" would pick GT as well if we are taking spreads***

Aug 28, 2019, 10:17 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We are building depth not running up the score

Aug 28, 2019, 10:20 AM

36 is a lot of points for a team that doesn't run up the score.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We are building depth not running up the score

Aug 28, 2019, 12:29 PM

We will build a lot of depth. We might go through all of the players and honor Cal/Stanford by putting in band members at the end.

Lol. Best post yet***

Aug 28, 2019, 1:15 PM

Given our talented depth on offense and three great QBs, I

Aug 28, 2019, 10:44 AM

would imagine we continue to score long after the first team sits down

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They're smart. They know Dabo & Co. play very conservative

Aug 28, 2019, 11:05 AM

at first of season.

They're also very ignorant because they obviously forgot about the unconventional weapons we have on offense.

Aug 28, 2019, 11:13 AM

I will be shocked if Clemson beats the spread. I fully expect we’ll win big, (21-24 points), but one we get a comfortable lead Dabo will get as many guys playing time as possible.

GT has good athletes, they’re not Wofford. Plus we no longer have the best DL in college football history so regardless of who we’re playing, there won’t be as many three and outs.

I expect a close game. We need to make GT look better than

Aug 28, 2019, 12:36 PM

they really are to demonstrate the depth and strength of the ACC and to boost our SOS. This is obviously the most important thing so that we can adequately squash the pre-season SEC rhetoric.

I would take the Nerds and the 36 points, too. Dabo

Aug 28, 2019, 12:43 PM

will play a LOT of players in this game, and some garbage time scores will probably mean we don't beat the spread. Which Dabo cares zero about. He is looking to have live tape on a lot of guys to evaluate and coach from for continued improvement. Especially in this game, with A&M coming up next, we need to find out quickly who can cut the mustard or not.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they're picking the spread, not GT to win the game***

Aug 28, 2019, 2:24 PM

Aug 28, 2019, 2:33 PM

You do know Clemson rarely wins ATS correct?

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic