Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
SI graded all of the teams, we got a D
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

SI graded all of the teams, we got a D

Apr 18, 2019, 7:31 AM

https://www.si.com/college-basketball/2019/04/16/ncaa-acc-big-ten-sec-duke-virginia-kentucky-final-grades
">

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: SI graded all of the teams, we got a D

Apr 18, 2019, 7:37 AM

Man, that is a junk rating system....

They gave Duke, NC State, Wake, Pitt, and GT a "C/C-"

Seriously, "Duke" being NC or bust as a C is a bit odd, they did win THE tournament in Charlotte.

NC State was in out exact boat with more talent and we were 3-5 games above the rest.

Last year wasn't a good season but it wasn't bad either. Could have been a lot worse with Reed's injury, Mitchells problems and a really bad start to league play. We ended on a 8-4 run.

Apr 18, 2019, 7:44 AM

A "D" sounds about right for the season the Tigers had. With the roster we had coming back a NCAA trip and at least a win was the minimum expected.

How did the Coots get a "B" with their lousy out of conference record?

Oh Ralphie A+++++++ if you consider lack of history, funding

Apr 18, 2019, 9:40 AM

and fan support.

Now substitute our resident BB supporter for Raphie. Then rinse lather and repeat the argument that suckitude is the best we can hope for ...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you always this dramatic?

Apr 18, 2019, 11:41 AM

First of all, we don't suck. Far from it actually.

Second, no one has said that we can't have a better basketball program.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Yeah, minus SPIN - we do suck in MBB.

Apr 18, 2019, 3:25 PM

Not going to go all 2019 anti coach, players, fans, funding, however we are little more than a footnote in ACC basketball over the history of the league.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Historically, yes. But not currently under Brownell.***

Apr 19, 2019, 11:03 AM

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Judge, you're spinning it...

Apr 19, 2019, 12:38 PM

Clemson MBB feels exactly the same to me. We once in a blue moon reach the NCAA tourney and then right back to the NIT then likely on to the basement. Now, I thought more teams in the league might help against the tobacco road bias, but nothing changed. In fact, the state of SC is losing kids (we don't have many high level) to schools like Georgetown, Pittsburgh, Tennessee and even to VCU.

Not blaming the efforts from team and coaches, but the truth of the matter is we are who we are in basketball and no coach seems able to change that.

Gloomy, huh?

I'm not spinning anything.

Apr 19, 2019, 1:02 PM

We are middle-of-the-pack in the ACC under Brownell. The numbers bear that out (average finish of 8th in the ACC since going to a 15 team league). We are competitive with the elite teams at the top of the conference, and tend to easily beat the teams at the bottom of the conference. I see us as in a much, much better situation than teams like Wake, Pitt, and BC.

Heck, we finished tied for 3rd and tied for 8th in the ACC the last two seasons. We've won 20 games two years in a row. We finally have reasonable facilities to recruit to, and our incoming recruits are the best we've had in a decade. Yet I keep reading posts here about how we suck, don't win enough, can't recruit, aren't exciting enough, etc. I don't get it.

Apr 18, 2019, 6:06 PM

Fake news.....so we get a D and finish with a better conference and overall record than the coots who where given a B.....and oh bye the way didn’t we also beat the coots by 10 points .......what a bunch of crap......Go Tigers!!!!!

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic