Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
SEC Trash talk
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

SEC Trash talk

Aug 29, 2014, 12:32 AM

Before people go bashing the SEC and talking about how Vandy is getting smacked by Temple right now, let's not get ahead of ourselves - Wake Forest lost to UL Monroe tonight. I hope the ACC gives the SEC a good asskicking this Saturday night, but let's not get delusional.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SEC is overrated. That's al.***

Aug 29, 2014, 12:32 AM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: SEC is overrated. That's al.***

Aug 29, 2014, 12:34 AM

It may be overrated, mainly by ESPN and all of the hype that they give it, but it is still the best conference. The Pac12 is coming on strong, but from top to middle the SEC is the deepest, while its bottom-feeding teams are as bad as anyone else's.

Well, they did beat Arky last year

Aug 29, 2014, 12:36 AM

Which is like beating Wake in the ACC. And they did that AT Arkansas

Clemson

Sorry, in 2012***

Aug 29, 2014, 12:38 AM

Clemson

Re: Well, they did beat Arky last year

Aug 29, 2014, 12:38 AM [ in reply to Well, they did beat Arky last year ]

That has nothing to do with which is the better conference, that's just a no-name team beating some of the worst teams in either. My argument is this: the SEC from top to middle is deeper than any other conference from top to middle. There is no real point in debating which of the bottom-feeders are better than the ones from other leagues, because they're irrelevant anyways.

You were the one referencing a Wake loss as why we shouldn't

Aug 29, 2014, 12:43 AM

say anything, but now it doesn't matter?

We should wait a weekend to see how a conference does, sure. Saying everyone is bad is a bit much, but if UGA, SCU, and Vandy all go down, to teams not ranked as highly...and they ALL lost at home...that would be a statement.

Clemson

Re: You were the one referencing a Wake loss as why we shouldn't

Aug 29, 2014, 12:50 AM

Well south carolina lost to another SEC team, so I'm not including them in this argument.

I don't mean to say that it doesn't matter, I'm just saying, people are going to be quick to point out how Vandy, a "mighty" SEC team, lost to a cupcake; however, why should we bring up how SEC teams are losing to these teams while ACC teams are losing to them as well? A conference is not defined by its bottom-feeding teams in the first place.

And before anyone goes accusing me of favoring the SEC over the ACC, I don't. I'm a Clemson fan but I have realistic views when it comes to this kind of thing, and the SEC is overall better than the ACC, on a top-to-middle-tier basis.

I think the difference is Vandy is seen (or claimed) to be a

Aug 29, 2014, 12:53 AM

power by the SEC love-fest, when they really aren't any better than Wake, or not by much.

Clemson

Re: I think the difference is Vandy is seen (or claimed) to be a

Aug 29, 2014, 12:55 AM

Agreed. They had a decent year or two, thanks to James Franklin, and Wake had a good year or two, whenever it was that they played in the Orange Bowl.

Last year and any other year in the past 2-3 I would've said Vandy was noticeably better than Wake, but this year, with each having a bad loss, you never know.

But everyone knows wake sucks, vandy was hyped like the rest

Aug 29, 2014, 12:44 AM

Of the sec and as you can see both them and USuCk were drastically overrated.

Re: But everyone knows wake sucks, vandy was hyped like the rest

Aug 29, 2014, 12:50 AM

South Carolina appeared to be a bit overrated but there's no point in using their loss tonight as an argument against mine since they did just lose to another SEC team, one that appeared to be a bit underrated.

Thanks Debbie

Aug 29, 2014, 1:10 AM

Re: SEC Trash talk

Aug 29, 2014, 1:22 AM

Duke should've beaten A&M whom beat Scar by alot...

Aug 29, 2014, 1:25 AM

UL Monroe beat Alabama ...in Tuscaloosa in 2007.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Aug 29, 2014, 1:37 AM

Your point?

Aug 29, 2014, 1:36 AM [ in reply to Re: SEC Trash talk ]

Maybe the most irrelevant argument I've heard yet.
1) A&M did, in fact, beat Duke. TAMU was 4th in their division of the SEC and Duke was 1st in their division in the ACC. This speaks to how much deeper the SEC is than the ACC. Again, ACC/Clemson fan here, but just being realistic.

2) It doesn't do any good to compare teams from different YEARS.

3) While it was awesome to see South Carolina get their rear ends handed to them tonight, them losing has nothing to do with the success of the conference, because TAMU (also an SEC team....) beat them.

Aug 29, 2014, 1:33 AM

I'm a Clemson fan. Screw the ACC. Screw the SEC. ESPN made up this conference vs conference crap. How can you be a fan of a whole conference that plays each other?!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 29, 2014, 1:37 AM

I like the way you think. It should honestly be more about the individual member teams than the entire conferences themselves, but ESPN takes that so far out of proportion just to make money and have strong TV ratings.

Aug 29, 2014, 1:44 AM [ in reply to Re: SEC Trash talk ]

Yeah I agree. I wish there were no conferences. As for vandy , the sec pumpers will say temple was way underrated. .lol

The difference speaks for itself

Aug 29, 2014, 1:45 AM

nm

Re: The difference speaks for itself

Aug 29, 2014, 1:52 AM

Yea, that's coots alright..more proud of their conference than their school

Re: The difference speaks for itself

Aug 29, 2014, 2:26 AM [ in reply to The difference speaks for itself ]

Those aren't South Carolina fans, by the way. It's T.J. and Lindsay from the Ace & T.J. radio show in Charlotte. They just wore the shirts because they were contracted to promote an event in Columbia. T.J. is a graduate and fan of LSU and Lindsay was a cheerleader at East Carolina.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic