Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
SEC Network is great...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,726

SEC Network is great...

Sep 19, 2019, 4:28 PM

The last five years: "ND stinks. They didn't deserve to be in the playoff. Bama would have destroyed them and Clemson did destroy them. Georgia will destroy them."

Also them: "This would be a huge win for Georgia and they could possible jump Clemson with a win."

To sum it up, Georgia beating a sorry ND team would be a huge win.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: SEC Network is great...

Sep 19, 2019, 4:39 PM

The easiest part between two that have played or going to play, is all the talk of the fans telling how easy it would/will be. But after the one that gets their but kicked, the silence is deafening!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 19, 2019, 5:52 PM

actually, on Marty and McGee last night they said ND was better than people thought. Also, discussed who would win in a fight amongst all the SEC mascots, based on what Mike Leach had said the other day.

If you watch Finebaum, you're looking for trouble.

Hey Vandalay, I'm heading to Baton Rouge

Sep 19, 2019, 7:19 PM

in October for the Auburn game. Any suggestions/advice on where to hang/eat? We have a bunch of 40+ guys and are staying in downtown BR.

Re: Hey Vandalay, I'm heading to Baton Rouge

Sep 20, 2019, 11:34 AM

I'd recommend hitting up the Chimes. It's a local drinking establishment that opens early on gamedays. They have lots of beers on tap, but also tall boys. They also have gameday bloody marys and mimosas. You can watch Gameday, all the early games, toss a few cold ones back, eat some boudin balls, then stagger over to the stadium, watch the band come down the hill, then find your seats.

There's plenty of places to eat, including the first Canes, so you should be good to go.

Thanks! I actually tried to make a reservation there

Sep 20, 2019, 12:48 PM

(Chimes) the other day for Friday night, but they don't take them. But we will definitely hit it up.

Re: Thanks! I actually tried to make a reservation there

Sep 20, 2019, 2:09 PM

Np. There are several places to eat right around there, so if getting a table at Chimes ends up being a problem, you'll have options. Just get your drinks in a to-go cup, can always go back to Chimes after.

Sep 19, 2019, 7:13 PM

Dude these guys are talking out of both sides of their mouth. It can be exhausting. I stick to watching Packer and Durham now. I hope ACCN keeps them long term. It will get better and better I think.

I can’t even watch the SEC channel, they are so arrogant.

Dabo has explained this. . . . .

Sep 19, 2019, 7:20 PM

The SEC-ond conference-ites try to have it both ways. As Coach Swinney put it: "you can't, it don't work like that in nothing"!
Either a team is worthy or it's not. They say an ACC school can't stay on the field with an SEc team b/c they won't be use to the physicality. B/S and it's been proven on the field 4, 416 times!
Then it's well - you get a break from playing hard teams "weak" in and week out! Yeah right SEC-folk! Besides the SEC the ACC is 2nd in players put in the NFL. And the margin isn't what you think. So, how are we getting a break in the ACC?
The SEC didn't prepare bammer for Clemson. The ACC did prepare Clemson for that stuff bammer would run b/c teams know there is more to winning games than just slant patterns and rpo's. ACC schools - who I can't stand for this btw, play their best against Clemson. Well above what they show week in/out - Clemson has no room to look bad and has to bring it every week. Bammer knows as history has shown - it can lose a game and still be okay. Heck, LSU had what 2 losses the year Saban won it there. The bias is real - but so thank the heavens - but so are the playoffs. No more voted on junk.
Think about it> last year it would have been Georgia and Alabama playing for it if most of your sports writers had a say prior to the Sugar bowl.
They were wrong! Just like these folks are wrong now about ND. Don't try and hype the domers up now after you trashed them all off season.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 19, 2019, 7:35 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,726
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic