Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
SCofU is competing with FSU for coaches.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 3,024

SCofU is competing with FSU for coaches.

Nov 11, 2019, 10:23 AM

"We aren't really competing for a coach with Southern Cal. That's one of the top 4 jobs in college football along with Texas, Ohio State, and Bama. Arkansas and Florida state we do have to compete with."

https://southcarolina.forums.rivals.com/threads/if-muschamp-goes-answer-these-questions.315494/

#lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: SCofU is competing with FSU for coaches.

Nov 11, 2019, 10:24 AM

Oh bless their hearts!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Grandiose delusions, over-exaggerated optimism, and...

Nov 11, 2019, 10:31 AM

a complete lack of self-awareness permeates that dumpster fire of a program.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Nov 11, 2019, 10:28 AM

They can pay more and have better facilities than FSU.

But nobody wants to go to the coaching graveyard, so there's that.

Nov 11, 2019, 10:29 AM

Maybe they could attract Kenny Hatfield. He would fit right in down there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 11, 2019, 10:33 AM [ in reply to Re: SCofU is competing with FSU for coaches. ]

FSU athletics surely make more than S.C.

Nov 11, 2019, 12:07 PM

Nope. FSU is cash strapped. My oldest was a student athlete at FSU, graduated almost a year ago. They are in bad shape down there in terms of net revenue and football facilities.

What's your username over there?

Nov 11, 2019, 10:29 AM

coot

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

GWPTiger***

Nov 11, 2019, 10:32 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Nov 11, 2019, 10:33 AM

Ha, what they really are is fighting with their nawthern counterpart - Rutgers - for "what is left". Then again, Rutgers has had more recent hardware success.

What can South Carolina offer? A win over Meechigan a few year ago. Even App State can say that.... ouch.

This was my favorite part of that post...

Nov 11, 2019, 10:34 AM

"South Carolina's two biggest rivals (Clemson and Georgia) are among the top 5 teams in the country and not going anywhere anytime soon. We are going head to head with them for the same recruits, which means we're going to lose in most cases in the current recruiting battle. So, knowing that, does that make this job less appealing to a high profile coach?"

First - does Georgia actually consider UofSuCk a rival? I highly doubt it.

Second - it is that mindset that will keep UofSuCk mediocre at best forever. That was the mindset at Clemson. It was the mindset of Tommy Bowden. It wasn't until Dabo stepped in and signed CJ (after the head coach told him it was a lost cause) that things started to change because he would not accept anything less. UofSuCk needs someone who will go toe to toe with Dabo, Kirby, Saban, etc and not back down. Spurrier experienced a couple of years like that, but at the end he just didn't seem to care enough to keep going. Fortunately for us, they will never get that coach who can do it long term. They will never have a version of Dabo.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

TL/dr

Nov 11, 2019, 10:51 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Cliff Notes version - UofSuCk sucks and will continue to do***

Nov 11, 2019, 10:55 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

You should have just said that in the first place.

Nov 11, 2019, 11:37 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

There is your 67,000 TU. You can log off now!

Nov 11, 2019, 10:59 AM

Congratulations Francis Marion®!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks Myfo.***

Nov 11, 2019, 11:24 AM

Fingers crossed he logs off now

Nov 11, 2019, 12:14 PM [ in reply to There is your 67,000 TU. You can log off now! ]

and never logs on again

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

ain all seriousness, South Carolina is competing with North

Nov 11, 2019, 11:30 AM

Carolina, NC State, and Wake for Coaches and players. Think about it. They cannot play the, "We're in the SEC", when they go up against Georgia,Florida,Tennessee,etc. And they definitely cannot play that card against Clemson since we own the SEC of late. But they can use it against mid level ACC teams...And that is who they compete with.

Replies: 17
| visibility 3,024
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic