Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
SCAR players
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 149
| visibility 1

SCAR players

Aug 21, 2018, 8:47 AM

Does anyone feel there are any SCAR football players who could start at their same position at Clemson this fall? Personally, I cannot think of even one.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jake Bentley would give KB and TL a run for their money

Aug 21, 2018, 9:00 AM

Not

Re: SCAR players

Aug 21, 2018, 9:03 AM

Deebo might not start, but would get plenty of PT. They have another guy (Edwards) that is pretty good too. I think Zack Bailey is pretty good too, and will probably play on Sundays next year. Not sure if he would start, but would get plenty of PT.

But - JMO.

Aug 21, 2018, 9:10 AM

I think Bailey would start at RT for Clemson. I know he wishes he’d chosen to play here.

Aug 21, 2018, 9:03 AM

Deebo

And

Ortre if his talent was developed by our WR coaches, not at his current playing ability

That’s about it

Aug 21, 2018, 2:13 PM

The question is who would START. There is no way Deblow OR Ortre would be starting at Clemson.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2018, 5:17 PM

Change your TAMPON

Take your orange colored glasses off

Aug 21, 2018, 5:31 PM [ in reply to Re: SCAR players ]

He is a first team all american. He would start

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Take your orange colored glasses off

Aug 23, 2018, 7:10 AM

No, he is a first team all American as an AP player, not WR. My orange glasses are fine right where they are.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2018, 5:07 PM [ in reply to Re: SCAR players ]

Don't be a homer. Deebo is on Heisman preseason lists. They don't have many but he is one.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 23, 2018, 7:11 AM

And yep, I'm a homer and #### proud of it.

Ortre is a nice talent

Aug 21, 2018, 8:01 PM [ in reply to Re: SCAR players ]

I've always felt he should add weight and be a TE. Think he could dominate as a tight end. If he did bulk up he could start at TE for Clemson.

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Aug 21, 2018, 9:05 AM

WCCP Topic

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2018, 9:59 AM

I mean the only guy I could think of would be Zach Bailey Olinemen for Coots, he is very talented and we were recruiting him as well, I think he could be a starting guard for us if he were with the Tigers. I also think Debo samuels would see the field often for clemson, he is very explosive and we would also use him as a return man bc he has proven he can take a kickoff or punt to the house. I don’t really see any other starting for us. I could prob see one or two of their WRs getting playing time with us, Shi Smith or Ortre I forget which one was the better of the 2 last year. No defensive players would be starting for us that’s forsure haha. The Olinemen Bailey would be playing for us no doubt, very talented and is the best player on that oline and maybe the whole offense. Go Tigers!!

agree on baily***

Aug 21, 2018, 10:06 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Aug 21, 2018, 9:10 AM

Jake Bentley, Bryan Edwards, Zack Bailey and Rashad Fenton.

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Aug 21, 2018, 9:12 AM

Is jake a really good kicker or something?

Aug 21, 2018, 9:54 AM

No but he can run out on the field pretty fast during timeouts to give the guys some good quality H2O.

Aug 21, 2018, 9:12 AM [ in reply to Re: SCAR players ]

Bentley?? He’d barely have a shot at leading the scout team at Clemson.

Aug 21, 2018, 9:15 AM

The inability for you guys to judge Bentley objectively always cracks me up.

Aug 21, 2018, 9:23 AM

I think that I'm pretty objective, and feel strongly that Bentley would not start at Clemson.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2018, 9:25 AM [ in reply to Re: SCAR players ]

ok, I'll bite.

If Jake is better than the QB's on Clemson's roster, to what do you attribute his absolute failure every time he has played Clemson? Is it a lack of offensive weapons to which to throw, lack of O-Line to block, superior Clemson defensive talent? Why has he looked so inept when playing against a good defense?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2018, 9:41 AM

Seems pretty obvious you’ve completely dominated our OL the past two years. No QB is going to be successful when they don’t have any semblance of a pocket or time.

syracuse QB could do it..

Aug 21, 2018, 10:00 AM

I don't think you can truly grasp how average Bentley really is.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: syracuse QB could do it..

Aug 21, 2018, 11:35 AM

Wonder how that could be flipped...not saying a word:

2017 Passing Efficiency:

2017 Passing Yards Per Game:

2017 Passing yards Per Completion:

2017 Points Responsible For:

2017 Points Responsible For Per Game:

2017 Completions Per Game:

2017 Completion Percentage:

Jake Bently would be a 4th string QB here

Aug 21, 2018, 10:56 PM [ in reply to Re: SCAR players ]

no doubt.

Aug 21, 2018, 9:30 AM [ in reply to Re: SCAR players ]

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=487HCnT9SEg

Aug 21, 2018, 9:49 AM [ in reply to Re: SCAR players ]

Dude how about bring up some stats. KB even had better stats last year than Bentley. I think he's an average passer. That's it. Just as you find our inability to judge Bentley objectively humorous, I find it humorous you SCAR fans do the same.

Here are the stats for your Mr. Wonderful vs KB.

JB 2017 - CMP(245) ATT (394) YDS (2794) CMP% (62.2) YPA (7.09) LNG (68) TD(18) SACK(29) RAT(130.7)
RAW QBR(59.8) ADJ QBR(65.1)

KB 2017 - CMP(262) ATT (398) YDS (2802) CMP% (65.8) YPA (7.04) LNG (79) TD(13) SACK(27) RAT(131.7)
RAW QBR(65.9) ADJ QBR(77.6)

Oh what do you know, KB has slightly better passing stats than the great JB. That doesn't include the 11 rushing TD and 665 yards (and we know JB cant run). Most Clemson fans agree that KB isn't a dynamic passer and he relies on his ability to run to help open up receivers. But you SCAR fans seem to think Bentley is some awesome passer and he doesn't even have better stats than KB.

So no Bentley would not start for Clemson. He might even be 4th string. Heck KB may not be starting by the time yall come to town. Zack Bailey and Deebo are the only players that would start for us. Even deebo would be in tough competition with some of our guys. Edwards would have to play the 9 man and that's laughable to think he would start over Tee or Overton. Even Ross would push him to 4th string. Good luck this year. Going to need it.

Message was edited by: Jcantrell86®

Aug 21, 2018, 9:53 AM

No crap KB played on the team that finished #1 in the country after the regular season. Of course his statistics are going to be better.

Bentley played better against Clemson than KB played against Alabama with much less talent supporting him.

Aug 21, 2018, 10:02 AM

What does that have to do with completing a forward pass. JB misses wide open receivers just as much as KB does. Don't give me your offensive line because I've seen him have all day and miss. #1 team or not JB is an average passer. When he showed up you guys had a lot of below average players now you think you have the second coming of Andrew Luck.

Aug 21, 2018, 7:55 PM

You’re speaking way too objectively. Easy on feeding 09 too many facts at one time.

Aug 21, 2018, 10:17 AM [ in reply to Re: SCAR players ]

Bentley couldnt cross the 50 against us until he was going against the 3rd team defense.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Aug 21, 2018, 8:42 PM [ in reply to Re: SCAR players ]

You do know that Bentley made his stats look better against Clemson last year after Dabo called off the dogs and put third stringers in, right Classof09?

Aug 22, 2018, 7:47 AM [ in reply to Re: SCAR players ]

If Bently were a QB at Clemson, he'd spend his Saturdays with headphones on, holding up a white card sign with a picture of Beyoncé, a Coke Bottle, a race car and Pokémon on it.

Aug 21, 2018, 11:36 AM [ in reply to Re: SCAR players ]

eggttt...how wrong you are. I tried warning people when discussing KB. No one wants to listen.

2017 Passing Efficiency:

It's completely objective due to what has been seen.***

Aug 21, 2018, 10:01 AM [ in reply to Re: SCAR players ]

GO TIGERS!!

Aug 21, 2018, 10:05 AM [ in reply to Re: SCAR players ]

The inability for the Coots to realize that Jake Bently is a average qb and nothing special is hilarious. Jake Bently would not be a starter for clemson, KB wasn’t that great of a passer last year and still had better passing stats and qbr then JB, not counting KB’s rushing stats. JB isn’t terrible but by no means is he the baller you Coots think he is and def would not be a starter at Clemson, during the Bowden years he would have started but not anymore under Dabo and the elite talent clemson is bringing in. Clemson has landed the #1 QB in the country 2 years in a row, I don’t see 5* QBs transferring from uscjr for playing time like at Clemson. Enough said go to FGF ya coot!

Aug 22, 2018, 11:05 PM

Bentley wouldn’t play in front of chase Brice. The only spot he would have would be helping the scout team

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Aug 21, 2018, 10:12 AM [ in reply to Re: SCAR players ]

In all honesty, I'd rather have KB or TL at QB than Bentley

Aug 21, 2018, 10:16 AM [ in reply to Re: SCAR players ]

Bently is good enough to play for USC not Clemson. He isn't on a level where he can complete against good teams. Look at his struggles against good defenses ie Clemson, Georgia and LA Tech.

How's this for being objective....

Aug 21, 2018, 11:10 AM [ in reply to Re: SCAR players ]

He's a decent QB against the numerous weak opponents $CU faces.

When he finally has to play against a team with an actual pulse, he folds like a cheap lawn chair.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Say what you will about Mr. Bentley.....

Aug 21, 2018, 12:50 PM

he IS a pretty good "flopper"

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How's this for being objective....

Aug 21, 2018, 12:54 PM [ in reply to How's this for being objective.... ]

No he is below decent

Aug 21, 2018, 11:18 AM [ in reply to Re: SCAR players ]

My own brother .. my younger slightly less intelligent brother is a lifelong Coot fan , and even he says that Bentley is a joke . He can barely function against solid defenses . Jake Bentley wouldn't play at Clemson , and not only that he is lucky to have found a situation like he's in ( Daddy on staff , backups barely Div 1 level ) .

DB23

Aug 21, 2018, 12:45 PM

Just because your brother is a coot doesn't mean he's not wrong.

Message was edited by: Classof09®

Aug 21, 2018, 7:57 PM

What is it that makes you wrong?

Aug 21, 2018, 11:33 AM [ in reply to Re: SCAR players ]

The inability for you guys to judge Bentley objectively always cracks me up.

Yes guys quit judging Bentley so harsh. After all he should just now be graduating middle school and he has perfected the Neymar flop to be even better than Neymar himself

Re: You're right. Bentley threw a beautiful pass to Carter

Aug 21, 2018, 12:11 PM [ in reply to Re: SCAR players ]

for the pick 6. Magnificent, actually. Just LOL

Screw Calford.

Jake Bentley has exposed flaws within his character

Aug 21, 2018, 12:21 PM [ in reply to Re: SCAR players ]

And for that one reason, he's a perfect fit for the coaching staff at USCjr. "Never Again" embarassed the team and fan base. Hope is not a solution, but a perennial pattern there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You might have a point

Aug 21, 2018, 12:21 PM [ in reply to Re: SCAR players ]

The past two seasons Bentley has been the *WORST* quarterback Clemson has faced. It's hard me to see him as anything better than pedestrian, but I guess he's had his moments in some of your other games. No doubt that Clemson is *really* in his head, and it's also pretty obvious that Clemson is the best defense you guys have had to play against the past two years too.

His overall stats are not all that great though. QBR around 65, 27/16 TD/INT ratio. Kelly Bryant's QBR was better last season (77.6). So I guess Bentley is decent but I don't think he'd be starting at Clemson. But if you're happy with him, I'm very glad for you. Bless your heart.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

how about looking at his stats?

Aug 21, 2018, 12:30 PM [ in reply to Re: SCAR players ]

he would not be on the three deep.

Here Are His Stats vs Clemson...This is How We Judge Him

Aug 21, 2018, 12:34 PM [ in reply to Re: SCAR players ]

7/17.....41 Yards.....0 TD....1 INT.....49.7 Rating

16/29....126 Yards....1 TD....2 INT.....89.3 Rating

These are HORRID numbers and would not gain him a starting spot on any Top 100 FBS School, let alone a Top 4 team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here Are His Stats vs Clemson...This is How We Judge Him

Aug 23, 2018, 7:13 AM

Wait until you see KB’s stats vs Alabama

Aug 21, 2018, 1:33 PM [ in reply to Re: SCAR players ]

09’
Living in NECola I can objectively tell you without hesitation that Jake Bentley has shown Clemson faithful, our team and coaching staff what he is capable of, especially when playing Clemson!

He was a solid HS QB, but he wouldn’t start on an FCS team like Wofford or Furman and keep his job based upon what he has consistently shown. At Clemson he would be third string or scout team QB. I’ve had donors to GC Club say in my presence that his hot/cold play is what is holding back a decent offense! Your new OC has sped off the offense to hopefully mask his lack of game skills against superior competition! Good luck when your defense is worn out by the second half from to many failed drives!

Glad you gave your opinion, but Jake still leaves a lot to be desired as your QB.

Go Tigers ??!!

Aug 21, 2018, 2:02 PM

lol he wouldn’t start at an FCS school.

Your boy quozzel already posted a link showing he’s a 2nd round draft pick caliber player.

Aug 21, 2018, 3:51 PM

Yeah, saying he wouldn't start at an FCS school is asinine

He has the physical tools, I just don't think he has the "it" factor to push him into elite status. I know that is vague, but I don't know how else to define it.

I see Bentley as SC's version of Tajh Boyd. Talented QB who is a leader and face of the program, but has some flaws in his game that could never quite push him over the top.

FTR, I can see Bentley getting drafted in rounds 2-3 because of his pedigree and measurables, but I can't possibly see him having a whole lot of success based off what I've seen out of him so far. He still has 2 years to develop I guess

Aug 21, 2018, 4:27 PM

That’s fair.

I personally think a lot of it has to do with the lack of talent surrounding him. We would have had another 3-9 season without him in 2016 and maybe 6 wins last year.

He tries way too hard in games and gets wild. I have no idea what he was going for on that first interception against Clemson last year.

Aug 22, 2018, 11:13 PM [ in reply to Re: SCAR players ]

Any nfl team that drafts the “Bentley Flopper” is wasting their pick for that round. He will never grow to be passable QB in college, must less NFL

Aug 21, 2018, 2:19 PM [ in reply to Re: SCAR players ]

You’re right, he’s played so well against us.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2018, 4:17 PM [ in reply to Re: SCAR players ]

Classof09, I think most of us here judge him on the 1 game a year we watch him play. I’ve posted many times his stats here for you, for that game and his entire season. He pales in comparison to Tajh Boyd so no he would not start at Clemson and to be honest he wouldn’t be third team.

As for your other jokes Fenton would be a backup this year but would be on the 2 deep behind Mullen, Fields, and Terrell.

The only player on your team that would start would be Bailey and I bet he regrets the hell out of his decision.

Edwards... I’ll leave it at lol. He had his chance to accept a safety scholarship so that’s all you need to know about his WR chances. But no shot he’s ahead of Tee, Overton, and Ross at the 9. Deebo may challenge to start in kick return game and maybe challenge Amari at 2 but no debate Amari has a higher ceiling from an athletic standpoint.

Please help me understand why you make dumb suggestions but fail to back it up with reason. Please enlighten us on why your scrubs would start over our national champiosnhip caliber team.

Aug 21, 2018, 6:19 PM [ in reply to Re: SCAR players ]

You cracking up at the facts being what they are is actually amusing. Bentley is average at best. Just look at the game film

Aug 21, 2018, 8:44 PM [ in reply to Re: SCAR players ]

What's to judge? Check his stats against clemson. Pretty cut and dry he sucks.

Aug 21, 2018, 9:20 AM [ in reply to Re: SCAR players ]

Bentley would not start for Clemson , he Has yet to score against our first string. Other than that our coaches would not allow the Flopping.

Aug 21, 2018, 9:37 AM

And George Rogers never scored either but he’s the greatest RB to ever play at either school.

Aug 21, 2018, 9:48 AM

I would like to hear your logic as to why you think Bentley would start at Clemson ? I honestly think that’s the most delusional statement I have ever heard from a rival on this board.

Aug 21, 2018, 9:58 AM

Bentley is a better QB than Kelly Bryant.

If Trevor Lawrence comes in and is Deshaun Watson 2.0 you will have a legitimate argument he wouldn’t start at Clemson.

Aug 21, 2018, 10:12 AM

HAHA so your logic is "Bentley is a better QB than Kelly Bryant"

You just talked about how we don't judge him objectively. How you judging these two players?
Listen man my brother is hard core SCAR fan. We discuss this kind of stuff all the time and he at least comes at me with good evidence. He hosed me back in 2013 when I said Tajh was light-years better than Shaw. I was wrong and he had the stats to prove it. I get you love your team and hate Clemson but common man. At least bring some logic to this argument.

Aug 21, 2018, 10:37 AM

Why do you think Shaw is a better QB than Boyd if you rely on statistics?

Boyd’s stats were better than Shaw every season.

You’re trying to hide your homerism but it doesn’t work against someone like myself that’s actually objective.

Aug 21, 2018, 11:10 AM

Check again. All stats are fairly equal accept for attempts and completions and yards. I remember thinking all Shaw did was run and he showed me that completion percentage was pretty equal all years and even favored shaw 2010-2012. Yeah we always throw the ball more than yall accept for this past year(pretty equal). I remember thinking even after we lost in 2013 that Shaw was awful and that he was just a good scrambler (thought his percentages were somewhere in the low 50s). My brother pulled up the stats and he showed they were pretty equal in comp percentage and rating. I still said I'd take Boyd but that he proved me wrong.

Aug 21, 2018, 11:14 AM [ in reply to Re: SCAR players ]

Oh and never said I thought Shaw was the better QB I said I thought Boyd was "light-years ahead"
I'd still take Boyd its just not a land slide like I thought it was in 2013.

Tajh's Stats versus Connor's

Aug 21, 2018, 2:15 PM [ in reply to Re: SCAR players ]

Just to shorten the argument let's look at career stats:

Boyd 64.3% completion percentage, 8.5 yards per attempt, 155.2 QB rating.
Shaw 65.5% completion percentage, 8.3 yards per attempt, 155.9 QB rating.

If you want to argue that Tajh had more yards and more TD passes ok, but different offenses.

But don't go sighting stats as the basis for you argument when they don't favor Tajh as you say.

That being said, I am not objective. Given everything above I would take Tajh one hundred times out of one hundred because he was and is a Tiger. No objectivity implied.

You are a fan and by default fans are never objective. To think otherwise is to not be truly honest with yourself.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wait, you think you're objective? Or is that just another of

Aug 22, 2018, 7:40 PM [ in reply to Re: SCAR players ]

your lies?

Aug 21, 2018, 10:18 AM [ in reply to Re: SCAR players ]

How can you actually say JB is a better qb than KB, stats don’t lie and Kb has better stats than JB does and that’s just passing we all know Kb is a far better runner than JB so we won’t even go into those stats. And that crap he played for a better team means absolutely NOTHING. I’ve seen QBs on terrible teams have good stats bc they are good QBs. Cal was not very good but Goff was a good qb with good stats but a bad team. So that KB played on a better team that’s why he had better stats than JB is such a stupid and absolutely false statement. So will ask again what has JB done for him to be a better QB than KB? Please give me a reason or 2 on why JB is a better qb, can you even give me 2 reasons?!?

Aug 21, 2018, 10:32 AM

Can you post these stats that don’t lie?

Their passing stats were virtually the same with KB playing an extra game and on a much better team.

Aug 21, 2018, 10:47 AM

Once again I did not read a single reason of your logic of JB is a better qb than KB and would be a starter at clemson. I asked for you to give me a reason or 2 on why Bently is a better qb and I still haven’t seen you post 1, you just ask again about that stats,
JB 2017 - CMP(245) ATT (394) YDS (2794) CMP% (62.2) YPA (7.09) LNG (68) TD(18) SACK(29) RAT(130.7)
RAW QBR(59.8) ADJ QBR(65.1)

KB 2017 - CMP(262) ATT (398) YDS (2802) CMP% (65.8) YPA (7.04) LNG (79) TD(13) SACK(27) RAT(131.7)
RAW QBR(65.9) ADJ QBR(77.6)
Those are the stats not counting the rushing stats KB’s qbr and completion rating is better than JB, so once again I’ll ask HOW is JB a better QB than KB? Give me one d@nm reason on why you think JB would start over Kb

Aug 21, 2018, 11:03 AM [ in reply to Re: SCAR players ]

Bentley also played in all 4 quarters of every game where KB didn't play in at least the fourth against Kent St, Louisville, Wake, Syracuse (entire 2nd half), The Citadel (entire 2nd half), and Miami.

Aug 21, 2018, 11:06 AM

When your promo material is an off target throw you aren't very good:

https://twitter.com/GamecockFB/status/1031276905721458689

Aug 21, 2018, 10:33 AM [ in reply to Re: SCAR players ]

Can you post these stats that don’t lie?

Their passing stats were virtually the same with KB playing an extra game and on a much better team.

Aug 21, 2018, 11:39 AM [ in reply to Re: SCAR players ]

does he?? Smdh. Let's see if you guys want to listen now.

2017 Passing Efficiency:

Aug 21, 2018, 10:30 AM [ in reply to Re: SCAR players ]

Strong logic young grasshopper

Aug 21, 2018, 10:35 AM [ in reply to Re: SCAR players ]

Strong logic young grasshopper

Their respective QB ratings don't support your logic....

Aug 21, 2018, 11:13 AM [ in reply to Re: SCAR players ]

and KB, with a much higher QB rating, earned his against a significantly tougher schedule.

It doesn't get any more objective than that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Their respective QB ratings don't support your logic....

Aug 21, 2018, 11:41 AM

^There's the best shot at an argument against the stats...the difference of schedules.

Aug 21, 2018, 12:32 PM [ in reply to Their respective QB ratings don't support your logic.... ]

Much higher equals one point?

I'm sure you believe Jalen Hurts and Danny Etling were significantly better QBs than Kelly Bryant?

Aug 21, 2018, 1:12 PM

Like I stated, the strength of schedule matters though. Both QB's actually had quite similar passing stats when it's all said in done, Kelly with a bit of an advantage in one spot, JB with advantage in another. Kelly definitely has the advantage in rushing...seeing he is listed in the top 200 in rushing yards, Bentley is not.
https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/individual/469/p3

But where they were definitely different is Kelly produced his stats playing the #2 Strength of Schedule in the nation...Bentley, the 30th. Regular season, Kelly played the 7th, Bentley the 39th.

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/schedule-strength-by-other
https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/season-sos-by-other

Reading comprehension is clearly not your strength...

Aug 21, 2018, 4:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Their respective QB ratings don't support your logic.... ]

JB's RAW QB rating is 59.8. His Adjusted WB rating is 65.1. His improved rating is largely the result of playing one decent game against Vanderbilt.

KB's RAW QB rating is 65.9 while his Adjusted QB rating is 77.6 AND AGAINST A MUCH TOUGHER SCHEDULE.

Re: And who has Bentley beaten as a QB? Riiiiiiight

Aug 21, 2018, 12:08 PM [ in reply to Re: SCAR players ]

Nobody.

Screw Calford.

Re: And who has Bentley beaten as a QB? Riiiiiiight

Aug 21, 2018, 12:33 PM

You really got him. He can't be a good quarterback because he plays for a bad team!

This Statement Alone Should Invalidate Any Degree You Hold

Aug 21, 2018, 12:37 PM [ in reply to Re: SCAR players ]

From USUCK and your High School Diploma. Please just find other inane things to rant on.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2018, 5:10 PM [ in reply to Re: SCAR players ]

LOL bent boy is NOT better than KB. I think that's fairly obvious, even for a dumba$$ coot like yourself. Your inability to see anything past your garnet glasses cracks me up.

Wow...you really are an idiot !!!!***

Aug 21, 2018, 11:11 AM [ in reply to Re: SCAR players ]

Aug 22, 2018, 11:17 PM [ in reply to Re: SCAR players ]

Was he doing and selling cocaine while playing. Did he have his team all hyped up on “coke”. That’s what followed George Rogers career

Is this a Bobby Bentley post ?

Aug 21, 2018, 9:25 AM [ in reply to Re: SCAR players ]

Aug 21, 2018, 9:29 AM [ in reply to Re: SCAR players ]

Dang man - you left off Deebo, who is arguably your best player, so you lost all your football cred IMO.

Aug 21, 2018, 9:44 AM

He’s going to have to stay healthy to make the list.

Aug 21, 2018, 10:01 AM

Apparently you don't know what talent is. Jake Bentley hurts y'all more than he helps. Not only his play but his mouth and whining as well. If he is going to talk all that trash then he should be able to back it up. If you are going to talk then you should be good. He looks like a deer in the headlights when he plays us. Y'all would be better off with somebody else under center. Let's face it, he sucks.

Aug 21, 2018, 10:10 AM [ in reply to Re: SCAR players ]

Rashad Fenton? Are you kidding me, no uscjr CB would replace Mullens or Fields/Terrell. No one on that whole coot defense would be starting for Clemson’s defense. Fenton? That might be one of the dumbest comments I have ever read from you classof09. You are out of your mind if you truly believe that but hey you are a coot and prob think uscjr has a good chance of beating clemson this year hahahahah.

Aug 21, 2018, 10:11 AM [ in reply to Re: SCAR players ]

Class of 09 is just about stupid.

Aug 21, 2018, 10:24 AM [ in reply to Re: SCAR players ]

Bentley? Lol he hasn't done jack #### against any decent team his entire career.
Edward's? He might be starting if he decided to play safety.
Fenton? Lol he couldnt hold Mullens, Fields, or Terrell's jock strap.

I'll give you Bailey though.

Aug 21, 2018, 10:41 AM [ in reply to Re: SCAR players ]

Zack Bailey yes, Rashad Fenton would have a good chance of starting opposite Mullen, Bryan Edwards is a good receiver but would not start over Tee Higgins at the 9 maybe able to play the 2. Jake Bentley i would probably be in the running for the starter but I personally don't think he'd win it. He's yet to show up and win a big game

Aug 21, 2018, 11:15 AM

Fair arguments. I applaud you for being rational.

Aug 21, 2018, 11:24 AM

You just applaud him bc he said Jake Bently would be in the running for starting qb. Everyone was saying Zack Bailey would be a starter and Debo samuels would see the field a lot but then you stated JB is a better qb than KB but couldn’t give any reasons why. No offense to the guy that Felton would/could start opposite of Mullens doesn’t know what he’s talking about, Mark fields/ Aj Terrell would lock down that starting spot over Felton. I admitted Bailey is a very good guard and would be a starter at clemson and Samuels would get good playing time if not start and would def be our starting returner on KO and punts. A few other WRs like Ortre or shi Smith would see the field but wouldn’t start. Edwards is talented and would prob play some but given his spot at the “9” he wouldn’t start over Tee Higgins or Justyn Ross. I would say he is prob on par with Overton.

Aug 21, 2018, 1:46 PM

Yeah I mean at least make the argument that Jake has a lot of potential. Which he might. All we have to go off of is his stats for 2016 and 2017. Like I mentioned in the other post. I am surprised to see scouts so high on him so he must have potential that he's not shown quite yet other than he's 6-4 and 220 lbs.

Aug 21, 2018, 12:06 PM [ in reply to Re: SCAR players ]

Jackie Bentley has yet to win a game against elite competition. In fact, he flat out sucks against decent competition. What a joke. He looks like he's seen a ghost every time he steps onto the field against Clemson, just LOL...look at his eyes, as wide as saucers.

Screw Calford.

Aug 22, 2018, 11:22 PM [ in reply to Re: SCAR players ]

The only player they have we would take is Bailey. Does his mother live closer to Clemson

Aug 21, 2018, 11:07 AM [ in reply to Re: SCAR players ]

Jake would not start. He'd be in the QB battle with KB and Trevor but I'll take our guys over Jake going Trevor, KB, then Bentley.
Bryan would definitely get PT but at the 9 position i'll take Tee Higgins every day of the week.
Bailey would start and probably would have for the past three years.
Rashad Fenton? The one that couldn't handle our backup receivers and committed a PI that led to another touchdown? Then lost his cool late in the game? Over Mullen? Fields? Terrell? He'd be in the two-deep but starting? No.

Big fish in a small pond.

ROFL...bless your deluded ignorant little chicken heart !!!!***

Aug 21, 2018, 11:08 AM [ in reply to Re: SCAR players ]

Drunk

Aug 21, 2018, 11:16 AM [ in reply to Re: SCAR players ]

Deebo and Bailey...... that's it

Sadly, he's not drunk...

Aug 21, 2018, 11:27 AM

If that was the case, at least he'd have an excuse.

He's just a typical ignorant and deluded Capon fan.

Aug 21, 2018, 12:00 PM [ in reply to Re: SCAR players ]

Jake Bentley, Bryan Edwards, Zack Bailey and Rashad Fenton.

Bentley would be a fourth-string QB at Clemson. Sorry, he would be. He in no way fits what Clemson does on O. He can't run the read-option and he's not good enough extending plays...he's a pro-style guy, period, belongs in a linear offense.

Bryan Edwards would be a pure 9 - boundary receiever - in Clemson's system...which would put him at fourth or even fifth string. He'd never see the field either at Clemson, which was why we offered him as a safety. Edwards is a pretty good boundary receiver but he's not close to the level of athleticism or raw speed of Higgins or Ross (both of whom were 5-stars for a reason), and he's not near as big or lengthy as Diondre Overton, who is basically a 747 with sticky hands. Add in the fact that Trevion Thompson is a 5th-year senior who will make the NFL and stick and I'm not even sure Edwards would beat Thompson out.

Deebo might be able to push Amari Rogers some at the 2 - field receiver/flanker - spot. He isn't in the same stratosphere in terms of athleticism and explosiveness as Derion Kendrick, though.

Zack Bailey, I confess, absolutely would start. I really love John Simpson at LG but frankly Bailey would beat even him out as a LG, he'd definitely beat out Pollard at RG, and I think he's better than Anchrum at a RT. Bailey is probably All-American at any of those three spots.

Rashad Fenton would be fourth or fifth in Clemson's CB rotation. Sorry, he's just plain not as good as Trayvon Mullen - who has a first-round draft grade as a junior - or AJ Terrell, who is probably equally talented and is just a sophomore. Is Fenton as good as Mark Fields? Nope. I've seen draft grades that have Fields as high as 6th out of 150+ draft-eligible CB's, others as low as 20th or 25th, but most have him as a third to fifth-round pick. I did see one scout who had Fenton as a potential 6th-rounder in the link below but most others didn't list him:
http://draftanalyst.com/scouting-sec-south-carolina

Here's what the same guy had to say about Clemson, by the way:
http://www.draftanalyst.com/scouting-acc-clemson-0

Clemson is insanely talented this year, 09.

Aug 21, 2018, 12:23 PM

Lists Jake Bentley as a 4th string QB, then proceeds to post link having Bentley as a 2nd round draft pick.

I always love reading your long winded posts.

Aug 21, 2018, 1:22 PM

If (and that's a big if) Jake comes out this year and tears it up then yeah of course people will change their mind about him. But if he comes back and has the same year he had last year, he'll be your QB another year because he'll get a horrible draft grade.

I admit until I saw that draft grade and looked around at other draft analysis I didn't realize NFL scouts were as high on him as they were. I'll hold judgement until I see him play another year. Because based on 2016 and 2017 he's just plain average.

Aug 21, 2018, 1:49 PM [ in reply to Re: SCAR players ]

If we're being honest you beat 4 teams with a winning record and his stats were that bad so yeah that's pretty embarrassing. Any defense mediocre or above he was a joke again.

Aug 21, 2018, 3:22 PM [ in reply to Re: SCAR players ]

Do you know anything about football. If you did you would realize that Quozell knows what he is talking about and unlike you understands that the NFL scouts look at size, arm strength, and other prototypical physical make-up of players. That is why the former tight end turned QB from Virginia Tech was drafted several years ago. Like Bentley, he was a terrible college QB, but had all of the measureables. Bentley may not be as bad as him, but I think the VT QB was more competitive against us than Bentley.

Aug 21, 2018, 7:34 PM [ in reply to Re: SCAR players ]

Lists Jake Bentley as a 4th string QB, then proceeds to post link having Bentley as a 2nd round draft pick.

I always love reading your long winded posts.

Is there some part of "Bentley is a pro-style QB who in no way fits what Clemson does on O" that you didn't get?

Complement to Bentley, he actually reminds me a bit of Connor Cook from Michigan State...who would have died ugly in a read-option spread like Clemson's as well. Like Cook, if you give Bentley a clean pocket and time to throw and he can actually deliver a pretty nice ball. But don't ask him to run the read-option (he really can't, not well), and he's not going to extend plays with his feet...which is particularly problematic when you don't have any protection. And you might have heard...Clemson has a pretty wicked pass rush. And Carolina's offensive tackles are pretty awful too....

I do think the NFL will like Bentley a fair bit. Maybe not in the second round but I could definitely see him going the second day. Big pocket guys are still heavily in demand in the NFL.

But at Clemson, Bentley would be fourth string. He just doesn't fit what we do, at all.

If that's long-winded, I apologize. Well, not really. Sorry for the big scary words.

Aug 21, 2018, 10:48 PM

If a pro style qb doesn't fit the Clemson offense, why are posters in here arguing Trevor Lawrence would start over him?

Aug 22, 2018, 12:47 PM

If a pro style qb doesn't fit the Clemson offense, why are posters in here arguing Trevor Lawrence would start over him?

Have you seen Lawrence's mobility, ability to extend plays, and wheels when he decides to run? The dude can move, and he's got more-than-sufficient ball-handling skills to run the read-option. He basically ran Clemson's offense in high school...he didn't run a whole lot (he didn't have to!), but when he did you'd literally see him house it from 60 or 70 yards out.

Anybody who call Lawrence a "pocket passer" simply hasn't watched him. He's a true run-pass threat who happens to have the strongest arm since maybe John Elway or Jeff George.

Aug 22, 2018, 1:29 PM

Of course. Your pro style guy just isn't really a pro style guy.

I know you're smart enough to know you're not going to run the same offense with Trevor Lawrence that you ran with Watson and Bryant.

Aug 22, 2018, 5:00 PM

Of course. Your pro style guy just isn't really a pro style guy.

I know you're smart enough to know you're not going to run the same offense with Trevor Lawrence that you ran with Watson and Bryant.

Dude, just watch the tape, and tell me about his mobility and if he's a pure "pocket" guy, or pro-style (he absolutely is not, it just doesn't work in a spread HUNH like ours):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4XSUgSoE24

We didn't run Watson's O with Bryant dumba$$, we were more

Aug 22, 2018, 11:24 PM [ in reply to Re: SCAR players ]

run oriented last year...Try to keep up

Re: Too funny

Aug 21, 2018, 12:04 PM [ in reply to Re: SCAR players ]

Bentley? Just LOL. Fenton....who?

Only one that might start: Deebo

Perhaps one that might crack the 2-deep because he has limited mobility as a pulling guard: Bailey

That's it.

You morans are as delusional as a blind man attempting to land a jet fighter on an aircraft carrier.

Screw Calford.

Re: Too funny

Aug 21, 2018, 12:15 PM

Bentley? Just LOL. Fenton....who?

Only one that might start: Deebo

Perhaps one that might crack the 2-deep because he has limited mobility as a pulling guard: Bailey

That's it.

You morans are as delusional as a blind man attempting to land a jet fighter on an aircraft carrier.

You're harder on Zack Bailey than I am. I wish he pulled better, yeah, and that might keep him from hearing his number called the first couple days of the draft, but the dude absolutely destroys whatever's in front of him and he's got a serious edge of extra Nasty. He's also got good enough feet to play RT. Me, I always want at least one guy like that on the OL. In the context of college football - not as a draft prospect - he's an All-American.

Just MHO. Agree with you on all others.

LOL @ Bentley!! While many Clemson fans like Bentley for

Aug 21, 2018, 12:41 PM [ in reply to Re: SCAR players ]

obvious reasons.... lol, he would NOT stand a chance at starting at QB before any of our present QB's on the team. That is just the simple truth.

Aug 21, 2018, 12:51 PM [ in reply to Re: SCAR players ]

Jake Bentley could not start at Clemson with our offense over any QBs on our roster. Our playbook requires the QB to be athletic. Jake is a non-athlete.

End of discussion.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2018, 1:36 PM [ in reply to Re: SCAR players ]

Jake Bentley folds under pressure, he looks like crap against good defenses. I think Deebo and Bailey would, but nobody else

Aug 21, 2018, 2:04 PM [ in reply to Re: SCAR players ]

Lol Jake wouldn’t start for any other team in this country except for where he and his daddy are at

Aug 21, 2018, 2:14 PM [ in reply to Re: SCAR players ]

Hahahahahahaha, you are out of your mind. Not a single one of those would start at Clemson. You clowns are legends in your own minds. Bentley???????? Edwards?????? Come on, lay off the drugs.

According to ESPN...

Aug 21, 2018, 5:26 PM [ in reply to Re: SCAR players ]

KB #17. JB #45. It's not even close.

http://www.espn.com/ncf/qbr/_/year/2017

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

I'll take our

Aug 21, 2018, 5:34 PM [ in reply to Re: SCAR players ]

12-2 College football playoff quarterback and 5 star quarterback thank you.

If Bryan Edwards was good enough to start at WR for us, he

Aug 22, 2018, 7:38 PM [ in reply to Re: SCAR players ]

would be here moron

Not even at cheerleader!

Aug 21, 2018, 9:25 AM

Not a snowballs chance in he!!

Message was edited by: Bigorange93®

Aug 21, 2018, 9:44 AM

Bentley would likely be third string - and Chase may beat him out too. So scout team. And I'm not just being a Clemson homer here. I really don't think he's that good. He's a decent college qb, but Clemson just happens to have 3 that are better.

Brian Edwards, Shai Smith, and Debo would battle with our receivers for playing time. All three would see significant snaps if they bought into our system. Starting....???? I'm not sure which of our receivers will be starting by the end of the year.

And maybe one of those O-linemen. Right guard or something?

That's it. Nobody on defense.

Aug 21, 2018, 9:54 AM

Edwards would not crack that 9 man spot. Not enough speed and too much talent over there. Renfrow has his spot tied up and Deebo would be fighting Rogers for the 2 man. So no Edwards would not see but maybe 50 snaps for the season.

Deebo possible - that is only one.***

Aug 21, 2018, 9:45 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Water the Point Tree

Aug 21, 2018, 9:55 AM

I mean the only guy I could think of would be Zach Bailey Olinemen for Coots, he is very talented and we were recruiting him as well, I think he could be a starting guard for us if he were with the Tigers. I also think Debo samuels would see the field often for clemson, he is very explosive and we would also use him as a return man bc he has proven he can take a kickoff or punt to the house. I don’t really see any other starting for us. I could prob see one or two of their WRs getting playing time with us, Shi Smith or Ortre I forget which one was the better of the 2 last year. No defensive players would be starting for us that’s forsure haha. The Olinemen Bailey would be playing for us no doubt, very talented and was the best player on that oline and maybe the whole offense. Go Tigers!!

Zach Bailey & Debo Samuels would likely be starters...

Aug 21, 2018, 10:09 AM

I think Bryan Edwards and Orte Smith would play and contribute as well.

Two at most...

Aug 21, 2018, 11:16 AM

those being Zach Bailey and Debo Samuels.

Bryan Edwards would likely make the two-deep

That's really about it though.

Aug 21, 2018, 12:51 PM

People forget about him because he was hurt last year vs Clemson, but Bryson Allen Williams would be in the conversation over Isaiah Simmons at SLB.

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Aug 21, 2018, 2:32 PM

Not a chance he would start over simmons. He is too busy screaming racist. Simmons is better, no question.

Aug 21, 2018, 3:15 PM [ in reply to Re: SCAR players ]

ROFL

Aug 21, 2018, 2:13 PM

i can't post over there,

Aug 21, 2018, 3:42 PM

but this thread has ruffled some feathers over at Cocky Talk.

Seems the truth is hard for them to swallow.

Aug 22, 2018, 2:17 PM

Deebo Samuel, Zack Bailey, Rashad Fenton, Bryan Edwards maybe, and Bryson Allen Williams maybe.

Javon Kinlaw could probably start for anyone else (even Bama) but you guys have the best d-line across the board in the country.

Aug 22, 2018, 2:19 PM

For me Bentley still needs to show up in big games against top tier defenses. The Michigan game was a huge step in the right direction but until he proves that he can do it week in and week out he is still behind KB. TL hasn't taken a snap yet so you really can't count him.

Aug 22, 2018, 9:42 PM

Just curious what top tier defense did KB show up for last year?

usc

Aug 22, 2018, 9:49 PM

You shut down Michigan!

Two can play that game.

RUN ALONG NOW - PLEASE!

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Aug 23, 2018, 8:35 AM [ in reply to Re: SCAR players ]

Just curious what top tier defense did KB show up for last year?

I would say Auburn, NC St, Fla St, and Bama. Yes, he didn't play well against Bama but he did play good enough to get them there. Who exactly did Bentley light up last year? I am a total USC homer but I don't ignore reality. Bentley has the tools to be great and under anyone else but Roper he most likely would have had a much better season. Don't get me wrong, he had a much better season than what people over here seem to think but it wasn't great either. This year I believe he will play up to his potential and prove all the haters here wrong.

Aug 23, 2018, 9:05 AM

Odd you would list NCST when Bentley had better statistics against NCST than KB did.

Bentley did better against UGA than KB did against Auburn. UGA was 8 spots ahead of Auburn in total defense.

I’m not sure if you’re trying to gain brownie points on here or if you’re confusing individual success and team success.

Do you think we would have won more games with KB as our QB than JB?

Aug 23, 2018, 7:08 AM

Deebo, possibly Edwards, possibly Bentley, Zach Bailey for sure, Bryson Allen Williams, and Fenton.

Aug 23, 2018, 7:17 AM

Nope, the only one that MIGHT start is Bailey, but that's not even a given.

Replies: 149
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic