Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Roe v. Wade....Will it be overturned?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Roe v. Wade....Will it be overturned?

May 16, 2019, 12:19 PM

What say ye?

I say the SCOTUS will let it stand - probably by not taking the case - in spite of the conservative bend on the Court. That would make the Appellate Court decision stand in Bama (assuming the new law goes to court).

However, I do not understand how the Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment provides a fundamental "right to privacy" that protects a pregnant woman's liberty to choose whether or not to have an abortion. This is what the 1973 ruling was based on. How is privacy related to abortions.

For the record, I think Alabama went too far not allowing exceptions for incest and rape.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

No. But could you imagine if RBG were to die?

May 16, 2019, 12:24 PM

Liberals would not know what to do with themselves.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Death and taxes.***

May 16, 2019, 1:50 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No. But could you imagine if RBG were to die?

May 16, 2019, 2:42 PM [ in reply to No. But could you imagine if RBG were to die? ]

You Trump always seem to discuss this topic with a little gleam in your eye, kind of like y'all do when suggesting the possibility of civil war in America.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

we like our side's chances...okay?

May 16, 2019, 3:10 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 16, 2019, 4:07 PM [ in reply to No. But could you imagine if RBG were to die? ]

As far as Roe vs Wade is concerned the Dems would probably give high 5's. That would mean the Repubs wouldnt win a presidential election for many terms.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 16, 2019, 5:03 PM

May 16, 2019, 5:17 PM

You would have to be delusional to not realize a repeal of Roe V Wade doesnt benefit the Dems in elections.

Not sure, but this issue should be a States Rights

May 16, 2019, 12:31 PM

Decision

Agree and the federal gov should stop paying for it.***

May 16, 2019, 1:50 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes to both of the above.***

May 16, 2019, 2:42 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!

Re: Roe v. Wade....Will it be overturned?

May 16, 2019, 2:32 PM

I concur. I think the Court, conservative as it is, has no desire to touch this. Alabama is trying to force it to the forefront but I imagine a federal judge will strike it down.

As for the privacy part, would this not fall under medical confidentiality? What do you suggest? Making their names public?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Re: Roe v. Wade....Will it be overturned?

May 16, 2019, 3:12 PM

> However, I do not understand how the Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment provides a fundamental "right to privacy" that protects a pregnant woman's liberty to choose whether or not to have an abortion. This is what the 1973 ruling was based on. How is privacy related to abortions.

SCOTUS tried to make an exception for cases of rape/incest. However, that would require a woman to explain to a doctor private details of being raped to justify the doctor legally performing the abortion. SCOTUS ruled that this provision was unjust - and thus, abortion illegality was unjust if it would force women to reveal private information to obtain a legal abortion.

So the strategy of Alabama and a coalition of states is to remove the provision of rape/incest for abortions altogether.

Would be the best thing to ever happen to the Democratic

May 16, 2019, 3:45 PM

Party.

GOP women would come running into their open arms.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Strange enough, I disagree.

May 16, 2019, 7:50 PM

Abortion became an issue again from the passing of full term and post birth abortions bills in local government(s). Less than 20% of Americans think there should be no limits on abortion. I don't believe the SCOTUS will do any more than send it back to the states if they do anything at all.

If anyone has gone too far it's the left. The talk alone has average folks torn up.

So I just read this. It make me think that

May 17, 2019, 3:29 PM

nobody involved with the law making even cares if the law is ever really law. They are just creating work for lawyers.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/15/politics/alabama-abortion-bill-fact-check/index.html

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Even as important as abortion is to sincere people,

May 18, 2019, 9:57 AM

the more they get us talking about it and other social issues, the more healthcare costs will continue to rise. The more pharmaceutical costs will rise, the higher your broadband will go, the higher insurance premiums will go....etc, etc, etc.

The American consumer is being raped and will continue to be as long as we insist on ignoring the obvious and beat each others brains out over issues that rarely effect us.

Harshly worded letter to follow. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic