Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Tuesday Scrimmage Insider: Tigers battle triple-digit heat index in Death Valley
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 4,200

TNET: Tuesday Scrimmage Insider: Tigers battle triple-digit heat index in Death Valley

Aug 13, 2019, 2:16 PM

Tuesday Scrimmage Insider: Tigers battle triple-digit heat index in Death Valley

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney is pushing his team to the limit. Fourteen hours after pulling his team off the practice fields at Jervey Meadows Monday evening, the Tigers were in Memorial Stadium for a situational scrimmage in which the heat index soared into the triple digits. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Defense starting slow seems to be a trend in these

Aug 13, 2019, 2:31 PM

scrimmages.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: Defense starting slow seems to be a trend in these

Aug 13, 2019, 2:53 PM

Might be the byproduct of going against the first string offense. Could be one of the most productive offensive units of all-time.

Re: Defense starting slow seems to be a trend in these

Aug 13, 2019, 3:35 PM

Going against 1st and 2nd string offense. Our 2’s have been very impressive. Today the 2nd string offense trotted out guys like Lynn J, Brice, Ngata, Bockhorst, Powell, etc...These guys are starting most anywhere else.

our offense is GOOD, but I think Venables ASKS a LOT from

Aug 13, 2019, 3:43 PM

the defense. might be a lot to digest for some

I have a feeling it is more complicated than just normal defense - could be wrong though

null

Re: our offense is GOOD, but I think Venables ASKS a LOT from

Aug 13, 2019, 3:45 PM

I think you hit it. VB wants the very best out of his D.

Re: our offense is GOOD, but I think Venables ASKS a LOT from

Aug 13, 2019, 4:10 PM [ in reply to our offense is GOOD, but I think Venables ASKS a LOT from ]

EXACTLY!!! Anyone who read some of his comments after Saturday would see a little of that. At one point he started rattling off like 4 different "steps/actions" a lineman needed to make in an "instant". I sure am grateful God has blessed us with all our Coaches!!!!

Re: TNET: Tuesday Scrimmage Insider: Tigers battle triple-digit heat index in Death Valley

Aug 13, 2019, 2:36 PM

:)

Re: TNET: Tuesday Scrimmage Insider: Tigers battle triple-digit heat index in Death Valley

Aug 13, 2019, 4:13 PM

Shhhhh. Do not tell Syracuse about the heat index. They think they are going to out heat us.

Aug 13, 2019, 4:50 PM

Man, it sounds like everything is just falling in place and coming together at the right time. I am so ready for this season to get started!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dukes must have scary good hands to be #3 at punt

Aug 13, 2019, 5:35 PM

return right now. Hands and guts.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 13, 2019, 6:50 PM

Offense is fine... and it’s great the D is going against the best but not sugar coating it, we’re thin and inexperienced across the front on D... with little depth other than freshman.

Was really hoping we’d be hearing comments about XT like Ngata is getting. Young guys are going to have to step up.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 14, 2019, 4:05 AM

We have 5 characters at DEnd, that does not mean ST is not performing it means all 5 reserve to start. I like that.
I have been needing nothing but good about Myles for 3 years, but he was playing behind 2 NFL 1st rounders. He made the stop on the fake punt in the NC game.

Of course the coaches son is going to play, but punt returns

Aug 13, 2019, 7:54 PM

It just seems like we could find a few others with a lot more natural talent to return punts.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Returns are extra... Sure hands are a necessity.***

Aug 13, 2019, 8:22 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Of course the coaches son is going to play, but punt returns

Aug 13, 2019, 8:26 PM [ in reply to Of course the coaches son is going to play, but punt returns ]

will has excellent hands. that's why he's our holder on placekicks. could see him used like we used humphries and renfrow... when we need a fair catch first and foremost. will has earned his stripes.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 4,200
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic