Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Results Are In: Expanding the College Football Playoff
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,637

Results Are In: Expanding the College Football Playoff

Jan 2, 2019, 7:59 AM

wouldn’t mean more competition:

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25664696/expanding-college-football-playoff-simply-create-more-blowouts

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Results Are In: Expanding the College Football Playoff

Jan 2, 2019, 8:03 AM

The present stem has identified the best teams for several years now and given us a great final game. The fact that changing it even gets discussed amazes me. Best 4 period whether Clemson is or isntone of them.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2019, 10:23 AM

Really good read. Thanks for posting.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Anyone who wants 8 teams knows nothing about CFB***

Jan 2, 2019, 10:44 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: Anyone who wants 8 teams knows nothing about CFB***

Jan 2, 2019, 10:54 AM

Not relevant but the CFB reminded me of a funny story. A friend of mine was arrested and when being released he noticed the charge was written DOC. He asked the cop what DOC stood for and was told "disorderly conduct". He replied to the cop, "You dumba$$. You don't know that disorderly is one word." He got to go rest some more before he was released.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2019, 10:59 AM

Dino Babers was recently asked about going to 8 teams, and he explained that it would only make it harder for teams like his(Syracuse) and other non-traditional powers to win it all if they did that.

He explained that maybe a team like his or UCF's could have a chance against Bama or Clemson in a one game situation in a 4 team playoff, and if they won that then there's only 1 more game standing in front of them. He thought though that playing 3 or more games would be too tough on the depth of teams that aren't as deep, and that the teams like Bama and Clemson would have a huge advantage with how deep they are.

I thought his answer was very honest, and a very good point. I think of it now when I see the UCF AD speaking of wanting an 8 team playoff. I get that they want to be given a chance, but no way would they roll off three straight wins against teams like Ohio State, Bama, and Clemson in a 3 week period.

Even when it was just a 2-team "playoff" I think they got it

Jan 2, 2019, 11:00 AM

right for the most part.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2019, 11:08 AM

Yeah, using the dim-bulb of transitive logic...

Awwweburn beats Purdont 63-14
Purdont beat 31-0hio 49-20

Auburn beats 31-0hio 81-6 ....((63/49)*63 to ((14/49)*20)

However, you could also use Washington as an example too as Awwwweburn and 31-0hio both won by 5 points so 0hio is realistically a 7-5 regular season SEC team... or basically South Carolina. No wonder they can't beat us....

Jan 2, 2019, 12:14 PM

After living through Ken Hatfield, Tommys West & Bowden, it seems unreal we are where we are! Good article.

When two teams are clearly better, you don't need expansion.

Jan 2, 2019, 12:45 PM

when there aren't, like 2014, it's better to have more teams.

The best solution would be to have it adjustable based on the season. Any undefeated P5 deserves a shot, so this year ND deserved to be there. But most knew they weren't that good, kind of like 2014 FSU.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,637
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic