Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Regarding Rashan Gary, here are a couple pro
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Regarding Rashan Gary, here are a couple pro

Dec 7, 2018, 10:38 PM

Scout comments:
"I hate how he was used [at Michigan], but it goes to show just how athletic he is. I think he's a top-five player." — AFC area scout

"If I had to pick one of the top guys to be better in the pros than he was in college, Gary would be my guy." — NFL general manager

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2809530-matt-millers-scouting-notebook-nfl-teams-talk-top-underclassmen-of-2019-draft

I don’t know the kid and I don’t know why he chose Michigan but man, I do remember him not looking too excited about it. But...”business decision”, they say. But then you read pro scouts saying that the way Michigan used him isn’t how they will use him...wasn’t a fit for him. So...why go there?

Anyway, obviously he’s not playing in their bowl as he prepares for the draft. Sounds like he will go high in the order, so I guess it worked out well for him.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Regarding Rashan Gary, here are a couple pro

Dec 7, 2018, 10:47 PM

Everyone know$ why he went to UM.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

And mama*

Dec 7, 2018, 10:49 PM

Nm

Re: And mama*

Dec 8, 2018, 8:30 AM

Momma said Michigan academic prestige is why her son chose the Maze and Blue.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So, did he earn a degree there?***

Dec 8, 2018, 9:43 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So, did he earn a degree there?***

Dec 8, 2018, 9:56 AM

Not sure, but if he hasn't it will be interesting to see if he goes back and finishes up.

Dec 7, 2018, 10:49 PM

Yea, if a high draft pick is all that matters to him but he probably would have gotten that even if he had gone to a Furman just because of his sheer physical talents and attributes. Doesn’t seem like playing at Michigan had any additive effect.

If beating your rival, winning your conference, making the playoffs and winning a national championship matter to him, he definitely made the wrong choice.

Dec 8, 2018, 12:59 AM

EVERYTIME I think of him, I try to picture him with our current D-Line . . . now THAT would have been an embarrassment of riches!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2018, 1:09 AM

Everytime I think of him I picture this:

Dec 8, 2018, 2:27 AM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/Rashan-Gary-(Last-Time)-1552834

Dec 8, 2018, 3:18 AM

Dang, somebody dig deep in the archives!

Dec 8, 2018, 9:33 AM [ in reply to Re: Regarding Rashan Gary, here are a couple pro ]

Would he have started?

Dec 8, 2018, 1:17 AM

I feel for the guy. You could almost tell he was never all in for Michigan ever since commitment day. I've always had that feeling he wanted to come to Clemson but I feel his family had a part in him not coming and few bagmen in blue and yellow. College is about finding yourself and having the best 3+ years of your life and I feel he was robbed of that.

Of course I could be wrong and he may have loved Michigan and just didn't show it but it's a general concensus he didn't like it there. He had extreme talent that Michigan just never tapped into fully. So I agree with the article headlines, he will be a great pro. Wish him luck, he didn't deserve Michigan. He seemed like a genuine smart young man that would've fit Clemson's culture.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Remember this classic tweet?

Dec 8, 2018, 2:28 AM

https://twitter.com/Im_The_Hulk/status/694946898516525056

Dec 8, 2018, 8:09 AM [ in reply to Re: Regarding Rashan Gary, here are a couple pro ]

Michigan didn't deserve RG!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2018, 4:00 AM

the weather

You reap what you sow

Dec 8, 2018, 7:19 AM

But my personal choice is: It is better to forgive and forget. Though there was reallynothing to ‘forgive’. The latter worked for me once he chose Michigan; and as he is going to the NFL, forgetting him again will be easy enough.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Dec 8, 2018, 8:04 AM

I think that we all know why, a parent, a mother holding on to the control of her 17/18 son. Without knowing much about the sport that her son played, she almost screwed up his FB career over that last grasp of control!!! It happens all the time, but mostly with the fathers!!!

He doesn’t seem to fit our culture/team ethic.we were better

Dec 8, 2018, 8:07 AM

Without him

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic