Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Could Trump be a false prophet?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

Could Trump be a false prophet?

Nov 12, 2018, 10:46 PM

Not saying he's the antichrist so don't lynch me just yet but the Bible says in Matthew 24:10-11 when Jesus is prophesying about the end of times that "many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another. Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many." 2 Timothy 3:13 says "But evil men and imposters will grow worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived."

Now it's pretty clear Trump has come proclaiming the name of Christ but his actions prove he knows nothing about the ministry of Jesus or what it means to be a follower of Christ. He has gone on record saying he has never asked God for forgiveness and that he doesn't need forgiveness. Last time I checked there is no salvation without repentance. He seems to have deceived many Christians in this country in that they think that he is leading some kind of religious revolution....eerily similar to the Jews of the first century in that they were looking for a political/military leader to bring Israel out of it's bondage. They misinterpreted the scriptures because they were focused on earthly matters, not spiritual matters. But we know God had a different plan. He sent Jesus and then poured out his Holy Spirit on his small band of followers and they conquered and spread the gospel in the only way it can be spread which is by showing the same grace, mercy, and love of Jesus. Trump seems to be leading "Christians" away from this gospel the apostles were preaching.

Now I'm not talking about all Trump "supporters". I realize that a lot of you simply voted for him because of policy....I'm talking about all those claiming that he is some kind of spiritual leader.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That could be said for thousands of people over the years***

Nov 12, 2018, 10:59 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

jackson and sharpton come to mind***

Nov 13, 2018, 5:36 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Sure, but there's only been 45 presidents***

Nov 13, 2018, 10:05 AM [ in reply to That could be said for thousands of people over the years*** ]

Re: Could Trump be a false prophet?

Nov 13, 2018, 6:40 AM

I don't think that much needs to be read into it. He's just pretending to be a devout Christian for political purposes. It's kind of funny how uncomfortable he looks during religious ceremonies like an invocation, but he's never had to do things like that before.

I don't think it's a sign of the end times, though. Many like him have come before. I think the tendency of Americans to assume our a president is an important figure in Christian prophecy greatly overestimates our importance in the world.

Nov 13, 2018, 10:04 AM

"He's just pretending to be a devout Christian for political purposes."

The Bible describes the antichrist as a politcal leader. All false prophets have had selfish motives.

Nov 13, 2018, 7:11 AM

LOL JCOOT SHOULDNT YOU BE WORRYING MORE ABOUT HOW YOUR COOTS ARE GOING TO BEAT THE MOCS.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2018, 10:01 AM

We can take this to the mange if you want....

Anyone who leads another away from Jesus is

Nov 13, 2018, 7:18 AM

a false prophet.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

I don't see or hear the President claiming to be a

Nov 13, 2018, 7:28 AM

Christian or proclaiming the name of Christ. I've heard him talk about protecting religious liberties, and supporting Christians generally, but I don't remember him ever talking about Jesus Christ. (Maybe a reference at Christmas about his birth?)

Well he has his own personal White House pastor

Nov 13, 2018, 7:43 AM

she claims to have led him to salvation.

https://www.thelily.com/she-led-trump-to-christ-the-rise-of-the-televangelist-who-advises-the-white-house/

To be honest, that's complete baloney.

Nov 13, 2018, 8:11 AM

Mainly because the President has never talked about this.

How about

Nov 13, 2018, 8:44 AM

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trumps-god-talk-is-turning-america-off-religion

Or

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2018/02/08/national-prayer-breakfast-to-feature-trump-and-rep-scalise-who-was-shot-at-gop-baseball-practice/

Or

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/our-humanity-naturally/201705/do-you-realize-how-far-trumps-religion-speech-went

Nope, nope, and nope.

Nov 13, 2018, 9:03 AM

Zero claims of being a Christian, and zero references to Jesus Christ.

Certainly you can find many instances of him

Nov 13, 2018, 9:05 AM

invoking the name of God, or saying positive things about Christians. But that's not what Jhop nor I were talking about.

Re: Well he has his own personal White House pastor

Nov 13, 2018, 8:28 AM [ in reply to Well he has his own personal White House pastor ]

I bet he is banging her.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't see or hear the President claiming to be a

Nov 13, 2018, 10:05 AM [ in reply to I don't see or hear the President claiming to be a ]

No offense but you can be very obtuse at times. Remember Trump's infamous reference to "Two Corinthians"?

Yes.

Nov 13, 2018, 10:09 AM

Please link me to any quote of his claiming to be a Christian, or saying anything about his relationship with Jesus Christ.

Re: Yes.

Nov 13, 2018, 10:15 AM

He doesn't have to claim to be a Christian, his followers are doing it for him. My beef is not with Trump, he's a genius. He quotes scripture, or attempts to, he claims he doesn't drink alcohol, he claims he's instituting pro Christian policies, if there is even such a thing, he has "brought prayer back to the White House", the list goes on and on.

He knew exactly how to go after the evangelicals in this country.

So, you retract this:

Nov 13, 2018, 10:18 AM

"Now it's pretty clear Trump has come proclaiming the name of Christ"

Which is the thing I was disputing from your original post. It seems we now both agree that he is not doing this.

I don't think the President is even remotely "prophet" enough to be a "false prophet". He doesn't seem to me to be concerned at all with the spiritual.

I would also say, even if he were a "false prophet"...

Nov 13, 2018, 10:22 AM

That wouldn't be a very high bar to reach. I would consider (just throwing out a number) 75% of all religious leaders in America to be false prophets. Almost all of the ones who are moderately famous I would consider such.

I wouldn't consider any political leader to be a "false prophet," unless they spend much of their time preaching.

Re: I would also say, even if he were a "false prophet"...

Nov 13, 2018, 10:30 AM

True. The Bible clearly says there will be many.

Re: So, you retract this:

Nov 13, 2018, 10:28 AM [ in reply to So, you retract this: ]

Well Trump hasn't denied this:

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/26/us/politics/a-born-again-donald-trump-believe-it-evangelical-leader-says.html

A guy hilariously compares him to the apostle Paul at the end.

Donald Trump hit me with a golf cart in 2003.

Nov 13, 2018, 10:33 AM

If he doesn't deny this, do you believe it is true?

Come on. This is coming from Mr. Dobson, and I seem to remember Paula White being the one associated with this supposed "conversion". I'm sure Mr. Dobson and Mrs. White benefited greatly from their story.

(speaking of false prophets...)***

Nov 13, 2018, 10:34 AM

Firstly...

Nov 13, 2018, 8:19 AM

I'm glad you've seen Trump for what he is. We need more people like you to do that, especially from the Christian ranks.

To answer the rest of your post... I mean, I think you make a good case, but could we argue there are a lot of guys like that who people worship?

Weak-minded people crave a messiah in whatever form they wish them to be. That can be on a religious end or just an ideological one.

But you're dead on that he has people fooled.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Re: Firstly...

Nov 13, 2018, 10:10 AM

Admittedly a lot of my post on here regarding Trump early on were simply to stir the pot. I'm not a very political person and would sleep just fine with Hilary Clinton as our president.

What has me interested and concerned now is the fact that so many Christians have latched on to this man and are even claiming that God put him in the position that he's in.....

Here's the thing though, the Bible teaches that nobody comes to a position of authority on this earth unless God allows it. So you could say the same thing about Obama or any president before him and every one after him.

Regarding your quotes......

Nov 13, 2018, 9:04 AM

We've had the "end times" about 70+ times since Jesus.

Stalin, French Revolution, WW1, WW2, Cold War, Civil War, 100 years war. Heck, even the Romans. Hitler. Genghis Khan. Mao. Little, fat, Nork guy. I can give you a long list to satisfy those quotes, of men more unhinged than Trump, taking over nations and people much more unhinged than Americans, doing far more evil things to many more people.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Regarding your quotes......

Nov 13, 2018, 10:22 AM

True, even the early Christians thought they were living in the last days. And Peter responded like this: ‘But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.’

Again, not saying Trump is the antichrist, but the New Testament teaches that he won't be some radical, unhinged psychopath, at least not at first. It says that he, and many other false prophets, will be deceptive....

"Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. By their fruit you will recognize them. "

The Antichrist will be the most significant force of unity

Nov 13, 2018, 10:26 AM

in the entire world. His approval rating would be 95%+, worldwide. This President ain't it.

Christians differ on this, but personally, I believe that if you are a Christian, you will never know who the Antichrist is. You will be in heaven before he comes to any sort of power.

Re: The Antichrist will be the most significant force of unity

Nov 13, 2018, 10:34 AM

Agreed. I'm not saying Trump is, but he has deceived many people.

I have plenty of family members that fall in this camp.

Deception I agree with, though I consider it mainly

Nov 13, 2018, 10:42 AM

political. It just happens to be the political persuasion of most Christians.

Many supporters are guilty of "over-spritualizing" the President, I think. But I would say you may be guilty of the same by thinking of him as a false prophet.

I must have missed where most Trump supporters think...

Nov 14, 2018, 1:23 PM

he's anything more than a good president because of his ability to create jobs and promoting a good economy which is best for everyone.

I won't deny that most American view wealth a a blessing of God. It's a fact that the many semi-wealth people look down upon on the poor as godless while viewing themselves as good because of their wealth.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What are Trump supporters deceived about?***

Nov 13, 2018, 11:31 AM [ in reply to Re: The Antichrist will be the most significant force of unity ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ok, that narrows it to Mao, Castro, Hitler, Stalin,

Nov 13, 2018, 3:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Regarding your quotes...... ]

and the fat Nork dude and a few others, and that's just in this century.

Here's the problem with the prophesy as I see it. There will be end days, but not from a single person taking over the world and causing a total war. The world is a much bigger place now. MANY more people, cultures, religions, forms of government, etc. I'm not even sure another World War type of situation could occur because we are so much more fractured now.

End times will come in the form of a sneeze. Some guy will butcher a pig in Sri Lanka that was bitten by a bat with a novel flu virus. That guy will get sick, then 5 others, then 20 others, then 200 others, then 4,000 others, then 20,000 others, then 400,000 others, then etc. There are pathogens that are 90% lethal and those pathogens are just a few mutations from culling humanity at any given time. If you get 50% of humanity fighting the other 50%, somewhere north of 50% will survive. And I don't even think we get there. Nope. Will not be warfare, even with nukes. It will be "mother nature".

Just my opinion. Still, end times for sure. We can't go on like we have. We're on borrowed time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I completely disagree but I couldn't resist giving you...

Nov 14, 2018, 1:17 PM

your 42000th point.

Woah, there.

Nov 13, 2018, 11:30 AM

There's so much ambiguity in that post I can't identify your theme.

The false prophet is not the Antichirst. The false prophet is the Antichrist's 'John The Baptist.' He paves the way for the Antichirst.

The 'end times,' are the dispensation theologians call 'Grace,' which began at Christ's ascension. So says the Apostle Paul in his letters to The Church at Thessalonica as he warned them to not err in wrongly perceiving as 'The End,' and to quell their unwarranted, overzealous reactions.

Christ gave the Reader's Digest version of those identifying factors of the end of times in Matthew 24 starting about about vs 5. He describes a time before the end which is exactly as we have now.

"5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet..." emphasis mine

Trump isn't trying to unite the world under one government he's a divider, separating the US from the world. The Anitchirst will be a globalist, not a nationalist with allegiance to one country. I might suggest you can more accurately point to leaders of other countries and liberal secular humanist and accuse them of having a message closer to that of the Antichirst.

Trump isn't the false prophet either, he's paving the way for himself, not for anyone else. I don't know one single soul who believes Trump is a spiritual leader. I would say anyone who does is either deceived or trying to deceive others.

Re: Woah, there.

Nov 13, 2018, 9:23 PM

Serious question, isn't the antichrist supposed to be a follower of Satan? If this is true then how could a secular humanist who doesn't believe in any higher power be the antichrist?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Woah, there.

Nov 14, 2018, 8:36 AM [ in reply to Woah, there. ]

I clearly said in my first sentence in the OP that I wasn’t saying Trump was the antichrist but possibly a false prophet among many.

1 John says “Dear friends, do not believe everyone who claims to speak by the Spirit. You must test them to see if the spirit they have comes from God. For there are many false prophets in the world.“

And he goes on to say “Such a person has the spirit of the Antichrist, which you heard is coming into the world and indeed is already here.”

And then “But you belong to God, my dear children. You have already won a victory over those people, because the Spirit who lives in you is greater than the spirit who lives in the world. Those people belong to this world, so they speak from the world’s viewpoint, and the world listens to them.”

That part “so they speak from the world’s view point” is exactly what you have from not only Trump but all the Christians that have taken up camp with him. They have “abandoned their first love” which is the love of Christ.

They are focused on worldly things, not on things above....

Colossians 3:1-2

“Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.”

Earthly things like politics?***

Nov 14, 2018, 10:58 AM

Re: Earthly things like politics?***

Nov 14, 2018, 11:35 AM

I don’t think it’s wrong to be involved in politics but when someone puts their devotion to an earthly kingdom over their command to love their neighbor well.....

Do you realize you are mixing...

Nov 14, 2018, 1:15 PM

your politics with your walk with God? When did Christ, any of the Apostles or the first church do that? When did either contaminate their relationship with God by using God's Word or their relationship with Him to made a political point or to back a political agenda or opinion?

I don't think you understand you are using the gospel as a tool to support a political party. Are you Jewish, Catholic or Islamic? That's the end game. I know many preachers and churches support a particular brand of politics but that doesn't justify it.

My friend, you are deceived in thinking there's a morally superior side of politics. Politics is flesh not spirit. Contrary to what the left would have you believe they are no more moral than anyone else.

Is Trump evil? For all I can tell he is as lost as a blind goose in a snow storm. How about Bernie, he's all about equal this and everything free to all but it's at the expense of others, he isn't giving of his wealth or he wouldn't be wealthy.

The first church sold all their possessions to feed the widows and promote the Gospel. They didn't form Club Robin Hood to take from anyone, they gave of themselves. They shared the gospel, not a political agenda which looked like Club Robin Hood.

I believe you are in dire need of retrospect through God's guidance in His word. I don't mean to be so harsh but you're crusing for a bruising.

Re: Do you realize you are mixing...

Nov 14, 2018, 3:15 PM

I’ll be honest I had to double check and make sure this post was meant for me. How in the world am I mixing politics and religion? I’ve never endorsed one political party over the other and I’ve certainly never said that one side was morally superior to the other....although I will say at least the democrats don’t claim to be. Conservatives seem to believe they are....

Great point about the apostles and my point about the first century Jews was similar in the OP. I think you need to read my OP again.

FWIW I think you sound like a pretty awesome dude and I would never peg you as one of those Trump/America worshipping Christians that seem to be running rampant today.

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic