Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Regarding Chad Morris’ speech last night at event:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Regarding Chad Morris’ speech last night at event:

Feb 27, 2018, 3:38 PM

Overall, I think a good guy and a good plan to get Arkansas better. The good news is that he got to see first hand how to build a program from the best. Now a few annoying things:

He said best is standard. Not sure if Dabo coined or they coined together but still copying. He also said again that he had the nation’s best defensive coordinator in Chavez. I disagree but I guess you’re not going to say you have an average coordinator. And he told two hokey stories that were likely supposed to be funny and meaningful and they fell flat. I’d love to hear Dabo speak in person. I’ve never had the opportunity. But as goofy as he is he’s much easier to like. But I did leave thinking Chad will be successful in Arkansas. Maybe get to upper half of the conference. I don’t see him being sec champ or playoffs l, at least not for the foreseeable future. And I didn’t know he had connections to Texas a and m. Knew he was from Texas. Wouldn’t be surprised if he builds Arkansas up and then takes a and m once Fisher sucks it up for 3-4 years.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Regarding Chad Morris’ speech last night at event:

Feb 27, 2018, 3:47 PM

Not sure why everyone feels the need to mention what they don't like about chad and how he 'stole' from Dabo. He was a heck of a coach here and recruited the best player in our history. I'm about 99% sure he had some sayings of his own that got incorporated into the program. So maybe check your annoyances at the door and take a breather.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

YeP...

Feb 27, 2018, 3:55 PM

Chad ok in my book..and probably with DaBO too!

And yep, he ain’t near as funny as Coach in speaking..but they both kinda funny looking. ??

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I really did like the guy. Overall good speech and down to

Feb 27, 2018, 4:21 PM

But just saying he told two stories that were lame. Just stating fact not opinion there. Really did like the guy and think he will do well here.

Re: I really did like the guy. Overall good speech and down to

Feb 27, 2018, 10:35 PM

^ where tje Chad is concerned only likingit ^

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Feb 27, 2018, 10:36 PM [ in reply to I really did like the guy. Overall good speech and down to ]

^ where the Chad is concerned only likingit ^

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Feb 27, 2018, 10:36 PM [ in reply to I really did like the guy. Overall good speech and down to ]

^ where the Chad is concerned only likingit ^

DB23

No but thanks for the suggestion.***

Feb 27, 2018, 4:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Regarding Chad Morris’ speech last night at event: ]

Kind of harsh on the OP there soccer. You

Feb 27, 2018, 8:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Regarding Chad Morris’ speech last night at event: ]

We're a lot tougher on him than he was on Chad. It's related to Clemson football and this time of year any football news is something. I usually like your posts but I don't think he meant to hurt anyone's feelings. I agree he brought us a great qb and I think we will always be thankful for the no huddle spread he learned from Malzahn but worked it like a charm here. Hope he does well in Arkansas.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 27, 2018, 7:09 PM

its CHAVIS. was one of the best. still to be seen if he has has it or if he's lost a little off his fastball. he is, at worst, solid. with a good staff and some players.. he will field a good D.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oops my bad it autocorrected. Yes he was great. Tough reign at

Feb 27, 2018, 8:01 PM

Texas A and M. And I personally think we have the best. But a coach has to believe his guy is the best so not really that big of a deal.

Feb 27, 2018, 8:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Regarding Chad Morris’ speech last night at event: ]

What kool aid are you drinking? John Chavis is a bum of a DC

Feb 27, 2018, 10:47 PM

Lmao.

Chavis is a great hire for Chad. A vet's presence...

Feb 27, 2018, 10:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Regarding Chad Morris’ speech last night at event: ]

CM will learn a lot having him as DC moving into this level. Chavis has been there and done that, experienced numerous successful programs in action, and will make some D babies' mamas feel good about the AK.

At least at Arkansas Chad has an OL collected for smash mouth. At Clemson he inherited an OL built for dodgeball.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With Arkansas being SEC...

Feb 27, 2018, 8:21 PM

Chad will have to move pretty close to the top of his division to get a job at AnM. They hired Jimbo because he's been been at the top.

I didn't have too much to say about Chad when he was here. I though there was great conflict between him and Dabo on the play calling. Frankly, he's a gimmick guy and all it takes to beat him a a solid offense composed of players who can focus on their jobs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 27, 2018, 9:43 PM

So we've gone from wanting to be the standard in college football to being annoyed at being the standard in college football.

Chad is one of our guys. He left well, built us up to a national championship caliber team, and got us DW4. I hope he wins the SEC every year.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic