Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recruiting rankings. Hear me out. Alabama finished
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 2,127

Recruiting rankings. Hear me out. Alabama finished

Feb 6, 2019, 6:50 PM

today at #1... 9th time of the last ten years (#2 last year to Georgia). However, since this class has not played a down yet, let’s go back to the recruiting class rankings when this year’s seniors signed.

Alabama ranked #1 three of the four, and #2 the other. We ranked between 12-17. The last four years we have played Alabama to a 2-2 tie. Total points scored = Clemson 125, Alabama 116.

One has to make one of two conclusions. Either rankings (based on star ratings) are accurate, or Dabo is one heck of a Coach and he and his staff ignore star ratings and have a knack for evaluating potential talent.

I rest my case.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Recruiting rankings. Hear me out. Alabama finished

Feb 6, 2019, 7:07 PM

I don’t know the answer to this, but I wonder how much “character” plays into a prospect’s ranking? All I know is, we have Great young men that I wouldn’t trade for anyone playing for Bama or Georgia.

Feb 6, 2019, 7:22 PM

Several things are at work to have this outcome:

* Star ratings are not completely accurate, due to the number of camps a recruit attends and which evaluators are in attendance at those camps.

* Dabo and staff are very good at identifying talent and a recruit's potential for excellence.

* Character and intelligence are important parts of success within our system.

* Our coaching staff is extremely good at teaching/coaching/challenging.

* Our willingness to give reps to any player who has proven to the coaches that he deserves them develops players who excel by rewarding them for results, which in turn gives us players who want to do their best - every day, every down, every game.

* Achieving goals provides opportunities to celebrate, which provides fun - an unusual circumstance when combined with the recognition of the foundation of the fun...... doing your best and winning.

All of this is in contrast to the 'Bama way. It's not so difficult to see the difference. If you've ever trained a hunting dog, you can beat into him what you want him to do and he'll do it when you're yelling at him or threatening him (but maybe not all the time)...... OR ..... you can develop a relationship with the dog and reward him when he does the right thing. The latter training method produces a dog that is a joy to hunt with, because he does his job willingly and only requires a pat on the head and a little food now and then. Children react much the same way and if the old Doris Day movie is correct, many women probably train their husbands by the same method.

Feb 6, 2019, 7:29 PM

Great post!

Factory vs Family***

Feb 6, 2019, 7:27 PM

Replies: 4
| visibility 2,127
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic