Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recruiting DE’s for 2020
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Recruiting DE’s for 2020

Mar 20, 2019, 5:40 AM

So if things worked out perfectly we could pull in Jordan Burch, Bryan Bresee, and Myles Murphy in this next class. Rivals has all rated as 5* guys. From some of my reading I believe Bresee is as good as a Clemson lock and Burch is a lock as well from what predictions are out there. We add those guys to Xavier Thomas, Henry, Mascoll, etc. That would be (5) 5* defensive ends on the same roster. I’ve read that you don’t take a guy like Bresee and move him to DT, but he still has his senior year to go and is listed at 6’5” 290. He is fast and very athletic. I could imagine he would be valuable anywhere on the defensive line.

2019 may be a little drop off upfront, but can you imagine how strong the from 7 will be in 2020? These guys are coachig and recruiting their butts off. Add in Capehart and Williams!! Wow!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Recruiting DE’s for 2020

Mar 20, 2019, 7:11 AM

Bresee is actually projected to move inside and has played many snaps inside at his high school and he already has said how our coaches planned on using him by moving him all around on the line like he does in high school. Doubt that’ll last his whole career because I expect him to be a full time DT. He’s also now listed as a DT on 247....forget star ratings and rankings. Coaches will put you in the best spot possible. You see how dominant Robert Nkemdichie was at DE before coming to Ole Miss and Ole Miss moved him to DT and he’s currently an NFL DT.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't Forget

Mar 20, 2019, 10:55 AM

Some guy named Christian Wilkins played defensive end for a full year as a sophomore.

PLEASE - Lets compare Bresee to Christian Wilkins NOT Robert Nkemdiche!

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Don't Forget

Mar 20, 2019, 11:03 AM

Nah Bresee seems to work very hard and is humble. If you want someone who compares really well to Nkemdiche I will give you Rashaun Gary. Whole lot of hype but didn’t really seem to show up, work hard, and dominate in college.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don't Forget

Mar 20, 2019, 1:41 PM [ in reply to Don't Forget ]

The difference is that Wilkins was asked to play DE after Austin Bryant was injured in 2016....of it wasn’t for that he would’ve still been at DT that whole season...

Mar 20, 2019, 7:33 AM

Potential all grow into DT's, they're already SDE's? Class may lack true speed rusher, just a hypothetical-

Mar 20, 2019, 10:58 AM

Henry and Mascoll are the prototypical speed rushers.

Clemson doesn't have to have one in 2020.

Mar 20, 2019, 4:46 PM

Good pt, wasn't considering redshirts

Mar 20, 2019, 11:17 AM

I really like our chances with Bresee, another great sign is his high school sweetheart is now coming to Clemson for college. Bresee is going to be a monster wherever he ends up on the line whether DE or DT. From what I read Burch is a big Clemson lean but being in Cola I can see them promising early playing time and negative recruit using the huge amount of talent that he will have to face for playing time but the best don’t care about that bc they believe they are better. I think Burch is one of this kids, so I think we land him. Those 2 alone added with Capehart and Williams this D line class is lights out. Murphy is going to be the Long shot out of those names. I know we have a shot with him and with our staff all they need is a slight chance and they can make great things happen but if I were to put money on it I’d say he will prob be going to UGA. One recruit that isn’t talked about is 5 Star DE out of NC Evans. Watching this guys film, he is a baller and a elite edge rusher. I really hope we get into it serious with Evans. Go Tigers!!

Mar 20, 2019, 12:08 PM

So blessed to have the BEST coaches in the game that are passionate, committed, honest and trustworthy. Kids and parents are "getting it" and they know that what is here, it not everywhere. The trophy case does help, no doubt. But it is much deeper than hardware at Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic