Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Reading post on FSUs demise.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Reading post on FSUs demise.

Jul 16, 2019, 9:28 PM

First off, agreed the longer they are in cellar the better. Still fired up about ‘14 loss to Crab Legs and Jumbo.

That said - if there was one team on Coastal who would make multiple ACCCG appearances for rivalry purposes who would y’all want?

An annual matchup with UM would stoke conference interest I think.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Reading post on FSUs demise.

Jul 16, 2019, 9:59 PM

VT
Notre Dame

Message was edited by: tiger_swimmer®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jul 17, 2019, 6:14 PM

Would love for it to be the whine and cheese team. After their snide comments in the 80's , last time Mac Brown was a tarhole. And I would love to watch Clemson kick the holes year after year.

Jul 16, 2019, 10:30 PM

Multiple beatdowns of Two Live U could possibly help recruiting, so I’m for it.

Jul 16, 2019, 10:39 PM

I would like to see VT

Jul 16, 2019, 11:03 PM

You would like to see VT what ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 17, 2019, 6:01 PM

get better. At one time it was a good match up. We've gotten ( a whole) lot better and they've declined.

Can we just ditch divisions already and go regular

Jul 16, 2019, 11:24 PM

season champs? If top 2 have to play that extra game okay but let's mix up our conference schedule some please. The ACC is leaving a lot of meat on the table annually from a match-up standpoint with this crappy artificial separation we've got in place. What a waste. Conferences can be cyclical enough - these smaller divisions are even worse.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't even care who the ACC-Coastal sends

Jul 17, 2019, 7:12 AM

As long as they're not a sacrificial lamb like they have been for most of the past several years. That division just needs to improve as a whole. It's a giant cringe-fest over there.

Re: I don't even care who the ACC-Coastal sends

Jul 17, 2019, 10:01 AM

I think they are all losing as not to face Clemson in the Championship game and get embarrassed. Better to finish second in the division than to be completed embarrassed by Clemson. So it's a loser takes the beating while the rest goo on toward their bowls. Seeing as losing the ACC to Clemson still wouldn't change what bowl they'll be playing in.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 17, 2019, 7:56 AM

I love the revolving door in the Coastal. Makes it more exciting because we don't need "rivals".

But if I had to choose, it would be GT or UNC. Especially UNC when they think they are having a good year. I don't really like rubber-matches all that much (VT in 2011 was the exception).

As for Miami and VT, beating VT is important for my family reunion (lots of VT alums) but realistically, a loss in Charlotte only hurts those programs right now so we should spread the Coastal Misery around.

As for the rest, I think it is only Virginia that has not played in the ACCCG so maybe it is their turn. Kinda odd that they have sent almost every team to the CG. Meanwhile, NC State, UL, Cuse are in the no appearances category here.

I would not mind seeing the divisions "rotate" randomly every few years to keep it interesting. Reshuffle the deck every 3 years and see what happens. Otherwise make it a regional division (Nawth and South).

The Fighting Pergolas

Jul 17, 2019, 8:12 PM

Show little brother how to do it.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic