Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Nuk
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

Nuk

Sep 5, 2019, 2:45 PM

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/04/deandre-hopkins-wanted-to-skip-2017-game-after-inmate-comment/

Poor thing!!! I have no respect for those who would disrepect our flag by kneeling!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nuk

Sep 5, 2019, 2:46 PM

He is too sensitive.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 5, 2019, 4:05 PM

I think he's right. Maybe you should try seeing things from other people's perspectives.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you think he was a slave "again"?***

Sep 5, 2019, 4:12 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they made him work for free or

Sep 5, 2019, 5:13 PM

At least grossly under paid

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: you think he was a slave

Sep 5, 2019, 7:21 PM [ in reply to you think he was a slave "again"?*** ]

No, but I do think his existence was dramatically altered by the enslavement of his ancestors, and not in a positive way.

If you're going to try tear down nuk's point about racism not being acceptable because you don't get hyperbole, that says a lot about you.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 5, 2019, 7:30 PM

mattcah® said:

No, but I do think his existence was dramatically altered by the enslavement of his ancestors, and not in a positive way.

If you're going to try tear down nuk's point about racism not being acceptable because you don't get hyperbole, that says a lot about you.

Actually his existence improved based on his ancestors being slaves. Do you think he would be a multi millionaire playing a game for a living had he been born in Africa?

Sep 5, 2019, 8:39 PM [ in reply to Re: you think he was a slave ]

You really gotta get off the CNN. You couldn’t be most wrong

Sep 5, 2019, 5:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Nuk ]

If my peers and I wanted to give inputs about our concerns and the owners of the company said it was the inmates running the asylum, I'd be pissed. Now if I were black, and I could feel the history they feel, I may take even more offense. I actually think Nuk is a pretty serious guy who has a thoughtful awareness of these issues. Even when I disagree with him or how he expresses his opinion, I have a lot of respect for his opinion. Good for you Nuk; keep us thinking!

would you be pissed at the idiom, or that they weren’t

Sep 5, 2019, 6:32 PM

Listening to your concerns? (Both?)

It sounded like Nuke was upset at the “saying” Or “expression” which I find silly.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: would you be pissed at the idiom, or that they weren’t

Sep 5, 2019, 8:16 PM

Obviously tone and context are important. But yes, I suspect I would find it a bit insulting.

Sep 5, 2019, 5:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Nuk ]

Get outta here with that.

Sep 5, 2019, 6:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Nuk ]

I dont. Its just a saying. I thi k he is too sensitive. It has notjing to do with race.

Do you think McNair was calling the NFL a prison?

Sep 5, 2019, 6:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Nuk ]

Because if you don’t, I don’t know how you think McNair was comparing the players to inmates. (Much less slaves). It was an off the cuff idiom, nothing more should have been read into it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let me guess... You're white?***

Sep 5, 2019, 9:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Nuk ]

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 5, 2019, 2:47 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Sep 5, 2019, 7:48 PM

Giant Pandas do not eat popcorn .

I learned this too late in my life .

DB23

Oh Deer Lowered, please don't tell me Antonio Brown is

Sep 5, 2019, 3:39 PM

contagious. Nuk has a great situation at Texas, why would he drudge up ancient history now?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As Clemson Puts more players in the NFL

Sep 5, 2019, 3:53 PM

We will see more colorful personalities emerge. Nuk's done a lot for the community and while we don't have to agree with everything he says, that dude shows up for work and does his job

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Re: As Clemson Puts more players in the NFL

He does, but in the story, says he seriously considered NOT showing up. Just as a rhetorical question, if you are a worker in industry, and you did not show up for work with no other excuse than "I didn't like something the company owner said", what do you think your outcome would be? Not good, I guarantee you that.

Most people arent the best in the world at what they do

Sep 5, 2019, 4:10 PM

and virtually irreplaceable either. Kaepernick wouldn't have gotten blackballed by league owners if he was a top 10 NFL QB rather than a low end starter or upper end backup.

Re: As Clemson Puts more players in the NFL

Sep 5, 2019, 5:10 PM [ in reply to Re: As Clemson Puts more players in the NFL ]

True, it says he Thought about not showing up but in the end he Did show up for work. Can you truly say that you've never been annoyed at a boss or job and wished you could skip work?? If so, you've never been a school teacher.

Sep 5, 2019, 4:04 PM

Love Nuk but slaves didn't have a choice of to work or not. He said he decided to play. Not even in the same galaxy.

Sep 5, 2019, 4:04 PM

Love Nuk but slaves didn't have a choice of to work or not. He said he decided to play. Not even in the same galaxy.

Dude, are you butt dialing your phone?

Sep 5, 2019, 4:06 PM

Evidently

Nuk is thoughtful renaissance man, who has done...

Sep 5, 2019, 4:56 PM

great things on community service side

Re: Nuk is thoughtful renaissance man, who has done...

Sep 5, 2019, 5:01 PM

And so I repeat, why bring up something that has NO positive aspects to it at all?

It was an interview....

Sep 5, 2019, 6:16 PM

Man up and get over it. He is free to speak his mind in anyway. If you don’t like it don’t read his interviews then, and you can move along with your day without reading things that are “negative” to you. Choices

Sep 5, 2019, 5:12 PM

So Nuk could u provide the dates of your first period of slavery?
Very disappointing comments from someone who doesn't know enough to be grateful he lives in a country that has NFL football.

Sep 5, 2019, 6:01 PM

This, times 1000%.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your comments are far more disappointing...***

Sep 5, 2019, 9:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Nuk ]

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 5, 2019, 5:52 PM

Poor thing!!! I have no respect for those who would disrepect our flag by kneeling!!!

Poor thing!! I have no respect of those that don't respect other's when they exercise their constitutional rights.

The ability and freedom to kneel is exactly what the flag stands for! Not some trumped up patriotic litmus test.

People died so guys like Nuk can do what he did.

You don't have to like it or agree with it, but people who actually understand what the flag stands for respect it.

Besides, it takes a helluva lot more courage to kneel in front of 100,000 people and take the boos and jeers than it does sitting behind a computer anonymously yammering on about 'respect'.

that being said, the slavery comment was pure ignorance***

Sep 5, 2019, 6:38 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well said.

Sep 5, 2019, 7:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Nuk ]

I also thought the people saying that Kaepernick should find a different way to protest were very wrong. There's no way to successfully protest without ruffling some feathers. If he chose some other way to protest that everyone approved of (if that's even possible) it would've been a non-story and his message would never have gotten out.

He led a very successful protest that quickly and effectively got his message out and, most importantly, he did it in a non-violent manner. Of course not everyone agreed with him and his method - that's to be expected.

You also have the freedom to jump off a tall building, but

Sep 5, 2019, 7:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Nuk ]

hopefully you, and others realize that just because you can, does not mean you should. Same thing in Spades goes for disrespecting the flag of this country.

He is an incredible player, seems like incredible person but

Sep 5, 2019, 6:16 PM

Why are people SO sensitive, on both sides. “Inmates running the asylum” is a saying. He wasn’t calling players inmates, nor the NFL an asylum. It’s a familiar saying, which is pretty benign in the grand scheme of things. I just don’t get the whole PC world. We are going to destroy each other... for no reason. At least Nuk was wise enough to realize the man was from an older generation, although I think the saying is fine coming from a 20 year old. Too much drama these days.

Sep 5, 2019, 7:36 PM

Maybe in his his eyes you are disrespect to his flag, but then again if he ever met you it was probably when you were begging for an autograph or picture.........ha ha

Old White Men and Young Black Men

Sep 5, 2019, 7:41 PM

Are polar opposites on most such issues. Will always be the case in America and they are both mostly wrong because they can’t see beyond themselves. Sad fact. Let’s move on

Re: Old White Men and Young Black Men

Sep 5, 2019, 7:44 PM

Agree 100%.

Sep 5, 2019, 7:46 PM

10$ that you’re a white dude over 50 ????

Sep 5, 2019, 7:47 PM

If only I could collect

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic