Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Former Clemson OL signs with Cowboys
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

TNET: Former Clemson OL signs with Cowboys

Apr 28, 2019, 12:24 PM

Former Clemson OL signs with Cowboys

Former Clemson offensive lineman Mitch Hyatt has signed as an undrafted free agent with the Dallas Cowboys. Hyatt was a consensus first-team All-American in 201 Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can't believe he wasn't drafted! He will make the Cowboys

Apr 28, 2019, 12:33 PM

And I think have a decent career.

Re: TNET: Former Clemson OL signs with Cowboys

Apr 28, 2019, 12:34 PM

Don't understand this one. I figured he was somewhere around a 4th or 5th round pick for sure. I saw the OL from Elon that was drafted play and he is not even close to Mitch. I hope he surprises a lot of people in camp and sticks.

Apr 28, 2019, 1:23 PM

Don't understand this one. I figured he was somewhere around a 4th or 5th round pick for sure. I saw the OL from Elon that was drafted play and he is not even close to Mitch. I hope he surprises a lot of people in camp and sticks.

I agree. I’ve seen different sources grades on him as I don’t know how true the number is but in 15 games he gave up three sacks? He played against the opposing team’s best pass rusher every week. He’s a good locker room guy. I thought for sure with the Houston Texans having Watson, and the beating he took last year and how familiar Hyatt and Watson are with each other’s game, that he was headed to Houston. Now, as if he needed it, he’s going to be playing angry. Especially after a tackle from Elon was drafted and he wasn’t.

Apr 29, 2019, 11:12 AM

Yea, he gave up something like 10 sacks in 3700+ snaps over 4 years. I'll never understand what NFL scouts look for during the draft.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 29, 2019, 1:21 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Former Clemson OL signs with Cowboys ]

Drafted players have an edge in sticking, just from a front office perspective. UDFA's can do better financially than a 5th or 6th round pick. Draft picks are slotted, Free Agents can negotiate a better deal. If there were really 15 teams interested at the close of the draft, let's hope the Cowboys sweetened the deal.

Re: with Cowboys

Apr 29, 2019, 1:22 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Former Clemson OL signs with Cowboys ]

Wouldn’t be surprised if he was perennial all pro and HOF after all is said and done.

Full Disclosure: NOT a cowboys fan.

Apr 28, 2019, 1:20 PM

I wish my Dolphins had drafted him at least with a 6th round because he’s going to shock many and make them look silly.

He started 3 National Championships and 4 playoffs, 5-2 in the playoffs and lost to Alabama twice. He won 4 ACC titles as starting left tackle.

He’s been great since day 1, prepares better than any OL and dominates with only 4 sacks given up.

Mitch go do what you do, win and dominate!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

So we've all seen Mitch Hyatt has talent and technique

Apr 28, 2019, 2:05 PM

And the pro scouts have shown apathy to Hyatt based on their perception of his speed, run blocking and aggressiveness. Just like QB, there are only 32 starting LT positions in the NFL. Here's hoping Hyatt can surprise teams at guard, center or eventually RT. Also interested in how those pro interviews went ... sigh ...

What really has me scratching my head is Dallas is rated the #2 O-Line in the NFL. Houston, NY Jets, Seahawks, Bills, Panthers, Miami, Arizona, Viking and Tampa Bay all have weak lines. Going to Dallas looks like the best way to get. Mitch will have to get nasty in the trenches to make an NFL club.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Does Mitch Hyatt have good hands? Could be Jason Witten

Apr 28, 2019, 10:58 PM

replacement.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Does Mitch Hyatt have good hands? Could be Jason Witten

Apr 29, 2019, 11:16 AM

?...Umm no.

Apr 28, 2019, 2:52 PM

I really expected him to be gone by the 4th round.

His sophomore year

Apr 28, 2019, 4:00 PM

I really thought Hyatt May become our first ever #1 overall draft selection but for some reason scours didn’t see it that way and he feel all the way to being drafted in the 8th round :(

Apr 29, 2019, 6:43 AM

The only thing I can think of is he got beat badly off the snap more than a couple of times in critical situations.....if I saw it, I’m sure the scouts did as well. Still, I think he makes the team and winds up having a great career.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic